PDA

View Full Version : dream to fly jet fighter for 1 hour only

palacie
22nd Jan 2013, 20:31
hi

im not a pilot but wish to fly jet fighter for experiment only... is it possible ?
i dnt mind paying for the service

rmac
22nd Jan 2013, 20:36
Very possible in Russia, many agencies arrange, easy to search for them on the internet.

DX Wombat
22nd Jan 2013, 21:27
You give your location as London so why not go to the RAF Hendon Museum where they have two Black Hawk Flight Simulators? (http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/london/things-to-see-and-do/flight-simulators.aspx) Entry to the museum is free but there is a small charge for the simulator. The museum itself is well worth a visit.

NutLoose
22nd Jan 2013, 23:38
Plenty of places in the states, one from google

Jetwarbird | MIG 15 Training | Fouga Training | L-29 Training (http://www.jetwarbird.com/)

Or the Phantom F4 sim in the UK

Commercial & Military Flight Simulators (http://www.realsimulation.co.uk/f4-flight-simulator-experience.php)

GreenKnight121
23rd Jan 2013, 03:44
DX Wombat... he wants to fly a jet fighter, so you refer him to a transport helicopter simulator?

Really?

hedgester
23rd Jan 2013, 07:24
Ah but you can have much more fun in a "transport helicopter" simulator than you can as pax in a fast jet.... I know :E

Courtney Mil
23rd Jan 2013, 08:26
...depends who's flying it!

DX Wombat
23rd Jan 2013, 09:56
Green Knight, I think you need to get back to studying your ISpy Aircraft book - unless the Red arrows have taken to flying helicopters as an alternative routine. :E
From RAF Hendon's website:
There are a number of rides to choose from, including:
Red Arrows - a thrilling flight with Red 7
Eurofighter Typhoon - participate in a display at an air show

Before anyone points it out, I do know that there is a clattery, whirly-winged thing which goes by the name of Blackhawk. ;)

MightyGem
23rd Jan 2013, 14:37
Before anyone points it out, I do know that there is a clattery, whirly-winged thing which goes by the name of Blackhawk.Yes, we know that, because you mentioned it in your first post.
go to the RAF Hendon Museum where they have two Black Hawk Flight Simulators? (http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/london/things-to-see-and-do/flight-simulators.aspx)You didn't mention anything about Red Arrows or Typhoon sims.

Evanelpus
23rd Jan 2013, 15:26
I would suggest either FS9 or FSX, both made by Microsoft, as possibilities. You can fly any aircraft you like then!;)

Pontius Navigator
23rd Jan 2013, 15:44
He said dream and jet fighter

Surely there is only one answer and it isn't a sim. Look at Wikipedia:

Dutch Hawker Hunter Foundation.Operates a Hunter T.8C two-seat in classic RNLAF paint and a single-seat Hunter F.6A with the original Dutch colours and markings. The Hunter T.8C and the F.6A are based at Leeuwarden Air Base in the Netherlands.[99]

Hawker Hunter Aviation.Based at RAF Scampton, it operates a fleet of 12 Mk 58 and three two-seaters (T.7 and T.8), as well as other aircraft to provide "high speed Aerial Threat Simulation, Mission Support Training and Trials Support Services".[101]

Hunter Flying Ltd.Based at MOD St Athan in Wales, Hunter Flying Ltd maintain over 15 privately owned examples of the Hunter.[102]

SASless
23rd Jan 2013, 15:51
I pointed him to a place on the West Coast of the USA.....where you can fly in Jets and both a Huey and Huey Cobra....for the ultimate thrill ride.

A group of Brits used to come over almost every year.

One of the guys paid for everybody to ride one year....when asked why he was being such a good Mate....his reply was magic!

He sez with a big smile...."I am in the middle of a Divorce and the Bitch is going to get all my money....what there is left of it!".

Wensleydale
23rd Jan 2013, 18:15
I know someone who was dreaming of flying a Nimrod for an hour, woke up, and found that he had been!

hunty
23rd Jan 2013, 18:58
Pontius Navigator

When Hunter Flying were based at Exeter, they had forty one Hunters pass through their hangar. The oldest airworthy Hunter in the world WT723, a
PR-11 variant, is still with them today.

Happy days :E

AR1
24th Jan 2013, 06:10
Dream to fly a fighter jet for 1 hour only? That'll be the modern Royal Air Force for you then sonny!