PDA

View Full Version : LinkedIn scammers

broadreach
22nd Jan 2013, 19:26
In the last few days I've begun to receive invitations to connect from people I've never heard of, in places and industries I have no connection with.

I do check before opening and link and these invitations were sent from someone's computer. The LinkedIn font is slightly distorted.

Be warned and be careful! And apologies if this post is a repeat of an earlier one; I did search and found none.

Flying Bull
22nd Jan 2013, 20:16
Hi broadreach,
These linkedin scam gets moved to the spamfolder automaticly, if you have an appropriate provider…
Thats the place for them…

broadreach
22nd Jan 2013, 23:30
Tks Flying Bull. My incoming recognised spams do also get kicked to the spam folder, but not LinkedIn. Somehow the messages did get through, though, and it would be so easy to click on the invitation link as one does when one knows the person...

Milo Minderbinder
22nd Jan 2013, 23:37
Common problem

just delete them
do not reply to them, don't click on the links
just delete

Tableview
22nd Jan 2013, 23:43
These invitations to connect are not necessarily scams, although they might be. They could be from someone connected to someone connected to you ...... because the whole thing expands exponentially.

At best they're a bloody nuisance.

lomapaseo
22nd Jan 2013, 23:44
Common problem

just delete them
do not reply to them, don't click on the links
just delete

What is covered by the word "them" :confused:

Anything that says Linkedin ? or some other identifier?

Milo Minderbinder
23rd Jan 2013, 00:23
anything that doesn't look right, or match your existing contacts

for instance on one of my Linked in identities I get details of people in the computer industry, on another those into chemicals
if I got details of a different nature I'd know there was something wrong
Likewise if I got mails of the "hello nice to meet you" type.....

but essentially its common sense. If you don't know them, delete them

Loose rivets
23rd Jan 2013, 00:36
I got one in my Yahoo in folder with my son's full name and a sensible subject line. He didn't send it.