PDA

View Full Version : VietJet Air "NEW" Improved Terms

airplanedriver
22nd Jan 2013, 04:27
Has anyone seen the new T&C's for VietJet Captains?
They have done away with their housing and transport allowances which were ridiculous compared to market prices. The package is something like:

With Flight time in excess of 6000hrs:

Basic: $4600

Hourly pay: $65

Sector allowance: $35

Overnight: $50

So if u do 70hrs and 30 sectors a month, u can make 10k easy.
Also they guarantee 50hrs and 25 sectors, so whether u fly or not, u still get around 9k.

This is pretty good for Vietnam, wonder if anyone knows their current recruitment status??

Slasher
22nd Jan 2013, 18:56
..So ideally you'd want to do the shortest sectors as much as possible. That'd
mean SGN-CXR-SGN twice a day, (which from memory was 2 hours scheduled
near enough) giving you 4 hours payable per day for about 8 hours duty.

If you did a double CXR five days a week that's 80 hours for the month for 80
sectors. The math shows you'd make $12,600 pm. Of course that's nothing to
write home about but its not too shabby either.

But doing a Cam Ranh twice a bloody day would drive me up the wall - but if
they threw in a few perks like free interline to BKK on my 2 weeks off and a
free beer tab at the Omni even I'd be tempted!

ZFT
22nd Jan 2013, 20:34
Slasher,

And they do their sim training in BKK too!!

capt. solipsist
23rd Jan 2013, 10:43
not for long.

Dr. Hung (husband of Mdme. Thao) just signed a SIM training agreement with WCC Sim Center in Manila last Monday.

airplanedriver
23rd Jan 2013, 13:58
Yes nothing so big to write home about, but considering Vietnamese living costs and with the commuting contract, its not a bad deal at all. Anyone who has info on their next intake?

TANUA
23rd Jan 2013, 16:27
That all sounds grand-as I understand it this is a commuting type contract of 6/2-so what happens to the 3 months off a year?

Do you simply receive the base salary or an average of some sort?:O

samca
23rd Jan 2013, 20:54
Is It true that in this company First Officers are P2F guys?.:ugh:

airplanedriver
24th Jan 2013, 00:27
Very valid point Tanua... I guess it might be the base pay plus the guaranteed 50 hrs and 25 sectors?

duyen
24th Jan 2013, 02:44
chief pilot Nils and Craig the FO cum engineer cum recruitment cum training manager cum everything will cum on your face together:D

EX BLUE STORK
24th Jan 2013, 16:15
Why do you not ask Tanua where the true P2F pimps are hanging out.

The true answer;
Vietnam Airlines
Jetstar Pacific

ArmApp
29th Jan 2013, 16:21
Any pilot there can give some info?

tanikagal
5th Feb 2013, 05:39
Is there anybody knows what is the status regarding English or American schools in Vietnam if you MUST relocate with your family?

airplanedriver
5th Feb 2013, 07:08
Plenty of good both American and British int'l schools here in Saigon, nothing to worry about that if ur coming with family, with the money u make here, u can have a pretty good life.

fpuentegomez
6th Feb 2013, 22:15
Anybody know of T&C for FOs?
Thank you

airplanedriver
7th Feb 2013, 03:45
Paramount are the recruiting agency for Vietjet, they have published all the latest T&C's for F/O's

squarecrow
18th Feb 2013, 09:55
Any truth in the Rumour I got about Vietnam Airlines axing Expat contracts beginning March?

TANUA
20th Feb 2013, 04:42
4 Expat F/O's to go off the ATR-that is it at present.:ouch:

ia1166
2nd Mar 2013, 18:46
P2F?

What is that exactly?

Luke SkyToddler
2nd Mar 2013, 21:19
"Pay to Fly"

pisstin broke
4th Mar 2013, 05:10
Omni gone, now Movenpick

MD80rookie
4th Mar 2013, 13:54
Omni? Movenpick?

EX BLUE STORK
5th Mar 2013, 17:42
Well Ian i think you would have figured that out since you are one of them along with RN,V1, and B just name a few.:ugh:

EX BLUE STORK
5th Mar 2013, 17:44
Most of the clowns on this thread do not know what where you talking about

EX BLUE STORK
5th Mar 2013, 17:49
Well may is approaching fast now.A PM received from the "Gods" of Vietnam Aviation.

The party is pretty much come to an end on the 330 and 777, they aren't renewing the capt contracts as they come up this year and the F/O's are getting the take-it-or-leave-it upgrade on the 320. The Aussie capts are all applying for jobs elsewhere at the moment. Looks like expats will be all gone from 330 within the next few months. Jurgen got sacked in November, Steve Milburn has resigned and quit so there's only a handful of guys left of 330 now anyway.

On the bright side, strong rumor is going round that Vietjet is getting 330s so if you fancy a return to paradise that might be worth investigating?

Where are you now?

the grove
6th Mar 2013, 03:28
Nice to see that Blue Stork is every bit as lucid as we remember.

EX BLUE STORK
8th Mar 2013, 18:43
Thanks for the complimentary remarks.

I was really worried about you.Thought by now maybe you got the "White paint treament" or the "Acid treatment" in Nam.

Have been reading a good book called "Confessions of an Economic Hitman"
by John Perkins.Maybe you should read it.

Was also watching Crime & Investigation and Investigation Discovery on TV down here.I now realise why you are in Nam.

From what i have heard not much longer.

So enjoy you last few beers at Bar5 and some of those other shabby establishments where you hang out.

Good Luck You BS-We know who you are.:D

the grove
11th Mar 2013, 16:07
The Mad Stork is back.

Must be a rich, full life back in Sud Afreeka, pounding beers and watching Crime Scene Investigation and other such fare. Who was this week's star, Oscar Pistorious?

Just kidding. I'm so jealous of your wonderful life that I'm thinking of heading down to your consulate to request a permanent immigrant visa. I only hope the clerk won't die of a heart attack, because I will probably be the first person to make such a request in the last 20 years.

I see you're back to your old tricks on this thread, calling fellow aviators clowns. It surely takes one to know one and your legacy as a mumbling buffoon makes you an expert.

Now put down that beer. Don't you have a King Air trip in the morning?

squarecrow
11th Mar 2013, 16:48
Grove the fact that this guy mention names on pprune says it all about his professionlism.

Guam360
14th Mar 2013, 15:04
...Hotels....

kwaiyai
14th Mar 2013, 17:11
Hotels? what do you want to know?

captainjoy
24th Jun 2013, 00:55
any one know about the skype interview at vietjet?

tknapp
27th Jun 2013, 12:36
Well I was pretty positive about Vietjet but today once again my pay was screwed up. Vietjet shorted me $7,600 this pay period and told me I'm going to have to wait till next payday.

USMCProbe
29th Jun 2013, 19:12
TK;
Sounds like some time off then till next payday.

Jaxon
25th Sep 2013, 08:01
Math in SE Asia seems to work differently. Vietjet is losing pilots and needing many more and so the solution is to reduce the offered pay(???)

In the news I see a firm order for 60+ new A-320's about to get signed.
(Better lower the pay more, and quickly.)

Question PPruNers:
How many of you current and qualified A-320 drivers (1000/500 hrs in seat CA/FO) would be interested in coming to Vietjet for a 6/3 roster paying an AVERAGE of $9500/month (captain pay)?

iggy
25th Sep 2013, 08:40
6/3?????????

Narrow Runway
25th Sep 2013, 08:51
Sounds great compared to what this ar5ehole is talking about:

Job Description
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A320 LINE CAPTAINS, TRI & OR TRE FOR A START UP AIRLINES IN BOSNIA, EUROPE ( BASE SARAJEVO)

MINIMUM REQUIREMENT :

1-ICAO ATPL LICENSE ( PREFERABLE EASA LICENSE BUT NOT A MUST)

2-AT LEAST 6000 HOURS TOTAL.

3-AT LEAST 2000 ON TYPE AS A PIC.

4-CURRENT ON TYPE.

5-VALID LICENSE & MEDICAL.

6.AGE LESS THAN 60 YEARS OLD.

7-LAST FLIGHT WITHIN LAST 12 MONTHS

REMARK : TRE & TRI CAPTS. WILL GET EXTRA ALLOWANCE (PAY) IN CASE IF APPOINTED BY AIRLINES AS TRI OR TRE.

CONTRACT TERM : 1 YEAR RENEWABLE

STARTING DATE : 1ST. OF NOV.2013

SALARY : 8000$ BASIC + ACCOMMODATION ,TRANSPORTATION TO\FROM AIRPORT, TICKETS (REGIONAL) AT THE BEGINING & END OF CONTRACTS PROVIDED BY OPERATOR
PLUS DUTY ALLOWANCE + 50$ DAILY PERDIEM
(6 WEEKS ON, 2 WEEKS OFF)

TICKETS ON AIRLINES NETWORK ARE FREE
REMARK: ONLY CANDIDATES ACCEPTING THE ABOVE SALARIES SHOULD SEND THEIR CVs AS WE ARE RECEIVING A HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES.

NOTE: PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME IN "WORD" FORMAT & WRITE IN THE SUBJECT " ACCEPTING SALARY, BOSNIA BASE ", IF APPLYING AS A TRE PLEASE PUT IN SUBJECT "TRE" AS THERE IS AN EXTRA ALLOWANCE FOR TRE POSITION.

PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME ALONG WITH PASSPORT COPY , COPY OF LICENSE & MEDICAL, LAST 6 PAGES OF LOG BOOK.

What a joke.

Jaxon
25th Sep 2013, 08:58
Yes, the '3' is not a type-o.
The time/money equation for pilots obviously drives pilot's interests toward contracts, and the total cost per hour of the pilot gets a management's focus. It is hoped that Vietjet will see the wisdom in drawing experience to the operation vs peddling jobs to the inexperienced, and a 6/3 offering with pay scaled at the same hourly cost (in the existing work force, not this new terrible offer) to the airline would be a very attractive offer I think sure to draw very much needed experienced crews.

Given the surprise of a greatly reduced pay in their offering I guess we'll just have to sit back and watch what happens. But I think it would be very smart if we had a showing of hands that would be interested in a 6/3 and could come quickly in the event Vietjet gets themselves into a terrible staffing squeeze (which sure seems predictable at this point).

Jimmy 16
28th Sep 2013, 16:20
New jobs?:

Ambitious low-cost airline VietJet has agreed to buy up to 92 Airbus (EAD.PA (http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/overview?symbol=EAD.PA)) jets worth about $8.6 billion between 2014 and 2022 in a move to beef up its presence in a fast-growing regional market.

Both Airbus and Vietjet said the deal included firm orders for 42 A320neo, a fuel-saving version of its best-selling jet due to enter service from 2015, as well as 14 current-generation A320s and six A321 aircraft.

Vietnam's VietJet agrees bumper $8.6 billion Airbus order, plans IPO | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/25/us-airbus-vietjet-deal-idUSBRE98O0FS20130925)

Jaxon
3rd Oct 2013, 03:33
News of the week at Vietjet...

Item 1) The new pay offered from Vietjet is an approximately 36% reduction from current pay levels in effect.

Item 2) Without fanfare, it appears newly hired pilots are being assigned to an as yet unannounced repeat effort at crewing a Hanoi base.

Item 3) The big airplane order's deployment can be deciphered in the news item below and involves apparently a total of four separate airline entities.

VietJet Air to enter joint venture with 3 foreign airlines | Tu?i Tr? news (http://tuoitrenews.vn/business/13689/vietjet-air-to-enter-joint-venture-with-3-foreign-airlines)

MD80rookie
5th Oct 2013, 11:49
Heard that people are leaving, are they filling the recruitment need despite changed salary?

Mr Angry from Purley
5th Oct 2013, 12:45
Hotels i believe

Jaxon
5th Oct 2013, 14:31
MD80, I think they are somehow happy to move in a "just in time" approach to staffing and at the thinnest margins. 9 airplanes and 36 crews all pushing 100 hours is the story here with a 10th plane on its way.

Jaxon
9th Oct 2013, 04:53
Starskate, if there is a place that will go with it, this is it and the time is now.

Jimmy The Big Greek
9th Oct 2013, 20:46
I went to Vietjets office 3 months ago and was told they don't upgrade expat F.O, only local Vietnamese.

MD80rookie
9th Oct 2013, 21:15
They don't upgrade expat F/O's because they don't have an upgrade program approved by the CAAV (I was told).

Jaxon
10th Oct 2013, 03:33
Guys, I expect it can be accurately stated that they will accept what the CAAV will accept. Correct, there is no upgrade program in place. I was guessing that starskate has an FAA type rating (applicable to both seats, my old US airline typed both pilots going through airbus training) which would mean some hours in line operations and a line check are all that are required. As far as what's legal, that's it, and I do believe that is where the bar is here and now. That and represent yourself as your ordinary knowledgeable airbus pilot in a SKYPE interview ...and manage a crazy sim ride.

Danishpilot80
19th Dec 2013, 11:48
I am going for sim in about a week in Bangkok.

I am expecting the Skype interview as well.

Can anyone please tell me what the sim is like? And what questions will they ask in Skype interview..

I am F/O A320

pilotimad
20th Dec 2013, 09:41
Can any one share the link to their HR department. I do not seem to find any thing on their careers page. Looking for DEC position. Also what are the latest T&Cs offered? Will Appreciate all replies.

cumulusse
25th Dec 2013, 18:12
wow..with that kind of airline.. Low-cost in general..pilots are becoming real bus driver.
90h a month with quick turn-around same routes..3-4 sectors a day..bravo airbus.:D

pilotchute
25th Dec 2013, 21:10
Starskate,

No chance of upgrade with your present employer?

ironbutt57
28th Dec 2013, 14:03
And do they pay the income tax, or is it the pilot...:eek:

job seeker
2nd Jan 2014, 09:51
how many aircrafts vietjet going 2 add in 2014? i m low time 350 hrs faa cpl holder ,ready to get type rated, will i hav any chance as a f/o if i personallly visit there office, any suggetion greatly appreciated!!! thanx in advance!

kwaiyai
3rd Jan 2014, 02:46
They must be getting desperate for Captain's I got an email asking me to
turn up for sim check in BKK. I hadn't applied.
I have heard stories they change the contract after 1 month so your money goes down.

jowong1
8th Jan 2014, 06:40
Anyone know what their sim eval is like? Do they hire fo with zero time in type? Thx

SW1
11th Mar 2014, 12:58
Do these guys upgrade foreign FOs to Captain? With their massive fleet order you would hope they might be considering internal upgrades of expats in the future.

Anyone in the know?

Roti Canai
11th Mar 2014, 13:59
You could Offer to upgrade and remain on FO Pay. I know of 1 FO that has.

MD80rookie
11th Mar 2014, 20:09
Yes, me friends in the company says they are planning to upgrade expat FO's but guess what - things are taking longer time than expected…

Panic and mayhem at crew scheduling, they fly captain/captain due to lack of FO's and also canceling flights due crew shortage.

eaglesnest1972
12th Mar 2014, 04:47
Hi folks,

what is the average income for a 320 FO?

Thanks in advance.

tknapp
12th Mar 2014, 05:05
It depends what contract your on. I think one of them is around 8,000 if you fly 100 hours but then you'll have to figure in that they will mess up your pay and short you. My pay has been shorted the last four months and all I hear is submit it again next month.

Scott_T
12th Mar 2014, 10:48
Will they hire non type rated guys with jet experience? If so could I have an e -mail or phone number
L!

pilotchute
12th Mar 2014, 12:23
Vietjet don't hire non type rated or type rated without time on type unless your a local.

No ifs or buts. This was told to the guys who turned up for the cadetship seminar even after they were told you had to be a Vietnamese national to be considered.

SW1
12th Mar 2014, 13:27
What are their internal requirements for command assessment. Total time and time on type?

Thanks

pilotchute
12th Mar 2014, 13:33
No internal upgrades either sorry.

MD80rookie
8th Apr 2014, 08:12
Latest from the crew leasing agencies is that VietJet is looking to hire 23 crews, i.e. around 46 pilots in april and may.

Shouldn't be too hard to find interested folks right? :confused:

greetingfalken
9th Apr 2014, 12:22
Many pilots waiting for that and if nothing move they are going to leave....

Jimmy The Big Greek
10th Apr 2014, 05:49
I went to Vietjet last week. They offered me 2400$ basic salary and about 23$ per sector, so average salary 3500$ and no commuting contract. Upgrades MAYBE in 1-2 years. I declined the offer…..

I really wonder where they are going to find 46 pilots with these terms and conditions. Better go to Vietnam Airlines.

MD80rookie
10th Apr 2014, 11:46
Jimmy,

was this scale for F/O's? What about Captain salary?

Possibility to commute not right away but after initial training, I was told by agency.

50 USD per day until your vietnamese license is issued, can take up to two weeks...

Probably not a contract that will attract experienced Airbus pilots as they have other more lucrative to chose from. And experienced is what they need!

Jimmy The Big Greek
10th Apr 2014, 14:15
Yes, this was for F.O. I don't know about the captain salary.

MD80rookie
14th Apr 2014, 17:53
Word from the inside;

company now has an agreement with a Malaysian agency that will supply VietJet with fresh meat.
Unlike many other restaurants that choose their meat from prerequisites decided by the head chefs, this restaurant has the meat to pay to get in. 30k USD to get 500 hours on the A320.

Sad...

jetjockey696
15th Apr 2014, 12:27
yep from flyGo@h.... its another p2F...

Requirements ( Co-Pilot ) : -

• Hold a Commercial Pilot License / Instrument Rating (CPL / MEIR)
• Minimum of Level 4 of Aviation English.
• Good command of English, both written and spoken.
• Must be physically and mentally fit.
• Class 1 medical
• All licenses accepted such as Easa.Jaa,Caa,Casa ( Except FAA )
• All nationality are welcome

You will do your A320 type rating in Europe followed by 300 hours line training in Central Asia.

Priority will be given to those with an A320 type rating

pay away..

Roti Canai
16th Apr 2014, 04:12
Says alot about them.

FDS
18th Apr 2014, 07:04
JIMMY Do you confirm only 3500 $ ??

I heard you get a lot of sector pay and you can expext around 7000 $ average revenue as a FO320?

Vietnam offers a better opportunity if it's true..

Thanks for any feedback.

MrHoChiMinh
21st Apr 2014, 00:33
Hello folks,

I saw some recruitment ads for this compony on Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com)
Don't trust them. Roaster, Salary..... full of lies.
If you meat the minimum requirement and want to fly in Vietnum, better to apply Vietnam Airline.

Stay away! don't wast your time. save your money.

Roti Canai
21st Apr 2014, 12:01
I got warned about salary changes too and also to beware of some FO recording you in cockpit and going to Boss behind your back. Trying to get upgrade or something like that was enough warning to me.

chai ja
21st Apr 2014, 12:27
Bet you he wasn't Vietnamese.

squarecrow
26th Apr 2014, 04:30
Oh No not that Captain legend in his own mind again.

Jimmy The Big Greek
26th Apr 2014, 06:07
Please be advised that you really need a medical insurance before coming to Vietnam. If you need to pay out of your own pocket, it can be quite expensive.
If you come to Vietnam probably its better to come through an reputable agency that provides you with a good medical insurance.

chai ja
26th Apr 2014, 06:47
Do divulge Squarecrow !

squarecrow
26th Apr 2014, 07:00
Would love too but it will probably set off his Toolbag mate Apache again
mentioning the RV word.

chai ja
26th Apr 2014, 07:18
Oh what a shame I was about to crack open a bottle of Cobra and enjoy the read!

squarecrow
26th Apr 2014, 07:21
Let Nature take its course with that one, he must be running out of people who take him seriously there by now.

kwaiyai
2nd May 2014, 14:57
Sounds like that @hole who was claiming to be a TRI in BKK?
amazing world!!

Greenlights
1st Jun 2014, 19:35
Hey guys,

any pilots in Vietjet ??
I have more than 1000h on type (320). as F/O.
would like to know the works conditions...and have true insights. It seems the airline is far from perfect but I think a lot better than Lionair.

2500 usd for the salary as I read above, right ? not so high but a lot enough to live in vietnam. :)

thanks guys !

Black Crow
2nd Jun 2014, 00:40
any pilots in Vietjet ??
I have more than 1000h on type (320). as F/O.
would like to know the works conditions...and have true insights. It seems the airline is far from perfect but I think a lot better than Lionair.

2500 usd for the salary as I read above, right ? not so high but a lot enough to live in vietnam. :)

thanks guys !

This is the kind of mentality the SE Asian carriers love to hear. Forget industry standard wages and QOL, make just enough to live on and live and work like a slave.

JGSE
2nd Jun 2014, 05:29
What about European LOCOs...easy, ryan, vueling, etc...??? :ugh:

Greenlights
2nd Jun 2014, 13:00
This is the kind of mentality the SE Asian carriers love to hear. Forget industry standard wages and QOL, make just enough to live on and live and work like a slave.

Black Crow,

I do understand your point, but it is not a valid one.

You talk like a european in europe. But the QOL and standard of life in Asia, (vietnam here) with 2500 USD is FAR FROM BAD. The middle salary there is 200 USD per month. So you earn nearly 13 x the salary of a "normal" worker.

When you go abroad, do not compare with the salary of your own country but you should compare the standard of living in this country. 2500 USD is very good.

Even in europe, (take Wizzair or other LCC) they pay about 2000 euros per month here !! what do you say about that ?

I rather live in asia with 2500USD, than living in Europe with a bit higher but the life here is more expensive !! (clothes, food, cars, insurance etc).

In South Asia, you only need shirts (it's hot) and shorts, and no cars, just a motobike (for 500 usd) etc...and you can enjoy cocktails under the sun.

I do not say the airline is perfect, as I do not know it, but the salary there is more than correct.

so anyway....any inputs from vietjet ?

Thanks

Greenlights
2nd Jun 2014, 13:06
What about European LOCOs...easy, ryan, vueling, etc...???

Exactly JGSE...before criticizing others we should look at ourself. :yuk:

Luke SkyToddler
2nd Jun 2014, 15:00
If you've got 1000 hours on A320 and you want to move to Vietnam, why would you apply to Vietjet over Vietnam Airlines? They pay a hell of a lot more than $2500 and they're heavily recruiting right now ...

Greenlights
2nd Jun 2014, 15:07
I did for VNA too, but still waiting for a reply and the contract to check it.
So I give a try to vietjet too. I guess I would take the first who accepts me.

I have a friend at VNA, and his roster seems less attractive than Vjc....Maybe I'm wrong ?
oh and VNA base you at Hanoi now for the new pilots. Vietjet can base you at Ho Chi Minh which is more attractive for me. The airport is close to the city. (and more bars, night clubs, hot girls, etc lol I admit it )

Intruder One
2nd Jun 2014, 19:11
As far as DEC's.....VNA will now take you past 55.I checked VJA website for apps and it still says 55,is this still true or are they just behind on changing this ???

Any info before I waste time filing it out,got a couple other buddies in the same boat who are interested.

Black Crow
2nd Jun 2014, 23:52
Greenlights:

I live and work in SE Asia. You are a fool.

Good luck with your "dream job". Get back to us after 6 months there and tell us how great it is.

BTW, ever wonder why no one renews their contracts? And wonder why these great companies require you to sign a contract to work there?

You'll find out why.

Black Crow
2nd Jun 2014, 23:55
GreenLights:

Ever wonder why these airlines require you to sign a binding contract to work for them? Here's a hint, it's not for training cost.

Get back to us after 6 months of living your dream there. You don't have a clue.

Greenlights
3rd Jun 2014, 09:42
GreenLights:

Ever wonder why these airlines require you to sign a binding contract to work for them? Here's a hint, it's not for training cost.

Get back to us after 6 months of living your dream there. You don't have a clue.

Instead of insulting maybe you can give inputs ?? you seem to know what you are talking about no ?

I never said it was a dream job anyway.

Funny, then, why are you in SE Asia yourself ? Why don't you change your job or place, is that so complicated ?

oh, maybe I know...let me guess...maybe because you do not have choice like MANY of us uh ? and so you go where you can ?

I just go where I can too, and where my CV is accepted.

I do not know about the airline, and if the contracts are renewed or not. That is why I am here...so instead of talking for nothing or send hints, can't you explain to us how is it ?

seventhreedriver
3rd Jun 2014, 11:33
Greenlights:

Here are some inputs:

I lived in VN for 3 and a half years. I loved it, but only because I was not on a 2500USD salary.

A decent accommodation costs around 1000 USD. You can go for cheaper, but if you are not from Asia, I can guarantee you, that you will not even survive 6 months... (cheaper flat: no aircon, noise, pollution, smell, no window, mould on the walls...)

After a while, SGN wears you down. 5 weeks, and you NEED some rest. This includes beach or mountains. A hotel which caters for an expat in VN is expensive (150USD+/night) Guaranteed, you can go cheaper, but than the few days off makes you wish, you were back in SGN (you pay 25 USD for no aircon, noise, garbage everywhere, smell, no service in restaurants, just nervous giggling...)

Food: yes, you can survive on 2USD/day, but in that case, you have no idea, what you eat (think Chinese chemically enchanted rice and beef (made out of pork). If you want a decent meal, that will set you back quite a large sum (from 2500USD). Local food is good, but once in a while, you want something closer to your taste. And that is expensive. In VN, you can pretty much could get whatever you want, but everything has its price.

Flying: fun. I miss that a lot... You learn, how to be legal, efficient and SAFE. But that is up to you. After a few sectors, your survival instincts will kick is.

Do not underestimate the cultural difference. It is truly a shocking experience. At least if you earn a decent salary, you have a reason to stay. If you get 2500 USDs, you will be miserable after the honeymoon period is over.

As I wrote, I loved it there, but the 2500USD difference in salary does not justify staying there. I was working for VNA. I had no problems there, but SGN is not for the faint hearted. I would go as far as saying that in some regards, life in HAN is much easier. VN is magnificent for a holiday, but a nightmare to live there. (of course, there are a few, who would disagree, and I completely understand them as well.)

And I could go on and on...

Greenlights
3rd Jun 2014, 15:06
Thanks a lot seventhreedriver.
check your mp ;)

A320Noobie
4th Jun 2014, 04:39
Who on earth would be willing to accept 2500usd a month with 1000h time on type? I think both vna and vietjet pays 6-8k a month for expat fo position. So you shouldnt accept anything else less than that, otherwise you are a fool like someone else already mentioned...

Cool banana
6th Jun 2014, 11:09
I have been looking over some of the posts regarding Vietjet and it all is kind of pointing in a general direction.

1. Cheap
2. Low pay
3. High Attrition rate
4. Not a pleasant Work Environment
5. No Upgrades
6. No Loss of Licence coverage
7. Dreadful penalties contract fees
8. No health Insurance policy
9. Constantly changing roster (Many rostering Violations)
10. Lack of Simulator Training ( only 1 Simulator ever 6months)
11. Stay away

That seems to be one side and I was wondering if anyone could comment about the good things to work at Vietjet.

Stewsan
8th Jun 2014, 02:43
I actually worked at Vietjet for about a year, so this opinion comes from the horses mouth. I also did one and a half years at Cebu Pacific. I enjoyed both places, number one was Cebu but Vietjet was ok also. The reason I left is I received an excellent job offer. So:

I was hired at VJ, over the age of 55, DEC and my pay averaged $13K per month. I stayed in a new 2 bedroom condo ( $850 per mo. ) a stones throw from the airport, which was a big plus from the :45 minute commute in Manila. There are great restaurants that have no problem catering to expats, I found the people for the most part to be very accommodating. The flying was good, no problems with maintenance, the only real headache was the inexperienced FO's who thought, with 500 hrs TT, they were co-Captains and thus argued constantly with the Captains. They bought there way in for $30K USD, and never had proper crew training. The other negative, is the roster. You have no idea what tomorrow brings until maybe 8PM the night before. Want to plan a dinner, only on days off. They will try to take from you but they cannot.

It's a great place to build time, I enjoyed my stay there with the exception of some of the crappy FO's and the roster. I'd go back tomorrow if something happened to my current job as the retirement age has been extended to 65 now, from what I've heard. I'd just put a no fly on a dozen FO's, as many of the Captains have done.

One more point, the training is very short, so after the interview, you'll be on line within a couple weeks, depending on if you have all your paperwork together.

Good luck!

pilotchute
17th Jun 2014, 04:37
Your lack of a Vietnamese passport is probably a good reason why you haven't heard anything.

Yeah
17th Jun 2014, 05:55
Folks, how about 500+ now? I'm 3000tt and 500+ on type but they didn't replay. I got confirmation from Paramount that they received email and will replay but I'm still waiting...

Greenlights
20th Jun 2014, 11:12
VietJet Air flight allegedly landed at wrong airport | Society | Thanh Nien Daily (http://thanhniennews.com/society/vietjet-air-flight-allegedly-landed-at-wrong-airport-27471.html)

:D

says it all... :bored:

MD83FO
14th Jul 2014, 15:53
Good Morning colleagues, I'm planning to take an A320 captain contract in Vietnam, is there a big difference between HAN and SAI ? I would like to get some insight into Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific and Vietjet Air.
I very much appreciate your input.
Happy Flying..

Dihedral1
14th Jul 2014, 22:07
I understand pilots at Vietjet have an ah hoc roster.
So you never know what your doing more than a day or so out.VNA has a 28 day roster, but expect changes, often. On a plus both Jetstar and Vietjet pay overtime. VNA does not! (Expect to fly +90hrs per month @ all 3)
VNA provide a seat on their metal within their network, upgradeable to business. VNA will feed you on their flts, dont think VJ or JSP? do. Otherwise same s*#t.
Expect on avg 7 days off per month at VN, others fly more efficiently so expect 10-12 days off.
Agencies MAKE a big difference so go with a reputable one.
Salaries can differ, medical insurance, loss of license, testicular fortitude when dealing with airline etc.
See thread by USMCPROBE on the matter (top of SE Asia forum)
If FO you can potentially pay for an upgrade. JSP 70% owned by VNA

JanetFlight
15th Jul 2014, 04:03
Greenlights:
VietJet Air flight allegedly landed at wrong airport | Society | Thanh Nien Daily
says it all...

Sorry,,,,those type of incidents could happen to anyone, even last week mighty and iconic Lufthansa had something in the same vein.
Just my 2 cents...

MD83FO
15th Jul 2014, 15:46
Thanks D, is there a lot of red eye flying? Where you report at night and fly into the sunrise?

Dihedral1
15th Jul 2014, 22:56
If your talking about the A321 Fleet, the type of flights you mention are predominantly done by the local pilots to N Asia.
Hanoi seems to have a bit better mix of flying, but you have the crazy bus ride (+30mins):eek: from the airport to your drop off point.

mach 84
16th Jul 2014, 09:28
If you live in district 7 at SGN you have a crazy ride for one hour to the airport, whether it is by your own bike or by a taxi for about 250 k. Airbus drivers go almost every day, let's say 5 times a week as t here are some overnights in japan - if not enlarged crew is operating, 250 to the airport and 250 back times 5 are about 2.5 million or 125 USD, so in a month you fork out about 500 USD for transport to work. In Hanoi the crazy ride as you described it is 30 min and for free, so where is the problem?

Greenlights
16th Jul 2014, 10:17
If you live in district 7 at SGN you have a crazy ride for one hour to the airport,

True but........why living so far away from the airport in that case ? I don't know D7 but what I know is that the "airport district" is nearer. Because around the HCM's airpots there are plenty of apartments. :)

mach 84
16th Jul 2014, 13:49
D7 has a bit of flaire, nice pubs and also if you have family, it is the better place.
For sure around the airport there is also places to rent, however they also come for some price. Served 8 years in SGN and got robbed while asleep, maid left the balcony door unlocked.........landlord said in typical way: sorry, sorry.... That's been it. Moved to hanoi and found it quite good, safe place, landlord ok, rent cheaper than SGN, pick up on time, so nothing to complain.

Dihedral1
17th Jul 2014, 00:05
VNA is hiring for the Hanoi base, so debates about D7 (not many there anymore) etc are academic.
Based on Mach's experience then all should be wonderful in Hanoi..
Hope all goes well!

Jaz and the Fat Man
24th Jul 2014, 14:10
This is what really happened and it will give you some insight at to what it's like working in Vietnam, or I should say Vietjet.

When we check in, or I should say, when I used to check in there, we would get, in most cases 4 flight plans for the day. All at the same time. So, we blast off, fly according to the 4 flight plans that we received. What really happened and it's typical of Vietjet management and their highly trained ground staff, is when the crew landed in Hanoi, and they were prepping for their next scheduled leg of the day to Cam Rahn, the ground staff came to the airplane and gave a "new" flight plan to the flight attendant. Of course, she never went into the cockpit and told the flight crew. Soooo, off they went, got the ATC clearance, per the original roster and flight plan. They never had any idea the company change the destination, and neither did ATC apparently. So, when they made the announcement of decent into Cam Rahn, only then did the flight attendant decide to call the cockpit and say they had a new flight plan and it was for Da lat. Right.

So, they grounded the pilots without pay and gave them a spanking. Of course, the Vietnamese staff didn't receive the same.

So, what do you think? The pilots messed up or was it a messed up company?

:eek:

Jimmy 16
25th Jul 2014, 05:35
Not entirely correct, Jaz
This is what actually happened:

Misinformed pilot causes Vietnam plane to land at wrong airport
Misinformed pilot causes Vietnam plane to land at wrong airport (http://tuoitrenews.vn/business/20526/misinformed-pilot-causes-vietnam-plane-to-land-at-wrong-airport)

"And the pilot himself (FO) was so careless that he signed the flight preparation record without noting the destination airport, he added."

About spanking:
Air coordinator sacked for Vietnam plane's mistaken landing
Air coordinator sacked for Vietnam plane's mistaken landing (http://tuoitrenews.vn/business/21092/air-coordinator-sacked-for-vietnam-plane-s-mistaken-landing)

"Other relevant employees received disciplinary warnings and had their salaries and bonuses cut, or were temporarily suspended from duty and had to be trained again"

The aftermath:
Vietnam airline under special supervision after wrong-airport scandal
http://tuoitrenews.vn/business/20609/vietnam-airline-under-special-supervision-after-wrongairport-scandal

UL505
25th Jan 2015, 19:23
Could you please kindly tell me how did you find out the condo for $850? can you please recall the name and the contact person there please?

Thanks in advance

Derek O.
27th Jan 2015, 18:03
Some new info regarding FO positions with Vietjet Air apparently:

We are looking F/O to work in Vietnam and Thailand (min 300 hrs or 500 hrs on Type)

SALARY:

FIRST OFFICER BASIC SALARY:- 2600USD PLUS 35/HOUR USD PLUS 15/ SECTOR PLUS 500USD HOUSING ALLOWANCE (Hanoi Base)& 50USD PERDIEM.

Doing a quick calculation with these figures I come to about 6k a month, is that realistic? Anybody here currently working at Vietjet?

Does anybody have any information regarding upgrades to the left with Vietjet as well?

Long Range Flyer
26th Feb 2015, 03:09
Hi guys,
Been reading this thread and posts and things look quite confusing for a new comer.
I'm a turboprop FO with aprox. 2500hrs total time and I have been looking for a chance to get an upgrade on a jet. Been months I sent CVs everywhere and the same answer kept coming...."You should have a type rating and 500 hours on type"
It's challenging and I don't want to be stuck on a turboprop for the rest of time.
The option of P2F is here and if this is what the industry wants, I have no choice.
I wrote to ATRANS on [email protected] and they never replied me back. I phoned them on their number (310) 721-7725 and it seems to be a wrong number. :confused::confused:
If they exist and are reliable, does anyone have their contacts or proper phone numbers?
Also, I mailed and contacted the guys at Jet Training in UK.
[email protected]
They are quoting the 500 hours line training and 1 year job contract at EURO 62,000
Also, during the 1 year job contract, you only get USD 1000 per month as salary.
Talked to them and they have a P2F A320 starting in March 2015 with Vietjet.
They have no feedback yet from pilots who joined the program. He mentioned that you will fly with a validation and not a CAAV licence.
Anyone here has joined this program? If yes, are all these info correct?
I've never expected that one day I will have to think of the P2F option but I will have no choice in the end.
Positive feedback and precise information will be appreciated here.

seventhreedriver
26th Feb 2015, 05:32
Wizz Air - Career Opportunities (http://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WIZZAIR&cws=1&rid=243)

bananaman2
26th Feb 2015, 07:30
Try Flydubai... many Flybe FOs went there from the Turboprop.

First Officer - NonType Rated (Southampton, UK) Assessment Centre - flydubai Careers (http://careers.flydubai.com/jobs/first-officer-nontype-rated-southampton-uk-assessment-centre-10)

A320Noobie
27th Feb 2015, 14:46
Theres bunch of guys from this agency stuck here atm because caav doesnt issue them the license (because their school is not approved by caav). And i dont see the agency trying to fix this problem anytime soon.... Again you have been warned!

Dihedral1
2nd Mar 2015, 04:37
Heard you now have to provide your own transport to 919 Hanoi and then catch the "free" bus to the airport.:ugh:

NG708
3rd Mar 2015, 16:48
Any update on whether Vietjet would consider command upgrades for expat F/Os?

Latest FO package i've been offered for a 6/2 commuting roster is
2600 USD
43 USD/hour
18 USD/Sector

About 7100USD pm on a full month, down to 5000USD on the 2 week block. These are tax paid.
Does this sound about right to anyone working there?

fastos
4th Mar 2015, 12:49
I have three friends working there. They told me those numbers as well. So this correct from what I've been told.

NG708
4th Mar 2015, 13:38
Thanks. Any comments as to how happy they are?

fastos
5th Mar 2015, 12:12
Two of them have been there for about 3 years now, the third one just joined this month. All of them are not planning to go anywhere anytime soon. They are living the life they say. New aircraft, nice flying, good pay, beautiful country. I wouldn't mind joining them. Unfortunately I don't have the 500 hours on type.

A320Noobie
6th Mar 2015, 03:11
Dihedral1 : I dont know if you mistook Vietjet for VNA, but in vietjet the transportation is free.

NG708 : With that pay and full month you get 8k+. People here are generally happy, ofcourse theres always some problems with roster and expect to fly alot when you are here, but compared to VNA the duty time is much less and more days off atm. Guys in SGN base are mostly happy, city is great, alot of action and places to spend your freetime.

Dihedral1
6th Mar 2015, 11:06
No..anyway thread drift disregard..Belongs in VNA thread..

jetjockey737
11th Mar 2015, 10:57
Has anyone heard that Vietjet have stopped recruiting?

Also, does anyone have a number for their HR department? Thanks in advance.

StrIA
14th Mar 2015, 18:59
Has anyone passed interview recently?
What are subjects, questions, etc?
I heard that VietJet hold an interview on the Skype.

topcap
16th Mar 2015, 05:39
Just for everyone's info while in Vietnam I have traveled on Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific and VietJet Air.

I have used VietJet Air from HCM to Singapore and also Cam Ranh to HCM and Hanoi to Da Nang.

Last October/November I flew from Perth to HCM via Kuala Lumpur and return using the low cost airlines both ways including 2 flights on VietJet in Vietnam.

As a frequent traveler to Asia I was actually impressed with VietJet Air as the low cost newcomer in Vietnam and they are certainly a better proposition than Jetstar Pacific.

I also have used Lion Air from HCM to Singapore and don't recommend it. As an ex Commercial Pilot I was amazed at the lack of safety on board displayed by the Cabin Crew, with passengers in the aisle while taxiing and passengers unseated while on finals including a child leaning over the top of a seat. There were also passengers standing up and removing baggage from the overheads before the aircraft had even stopped, not to mention the use of mobile phones long after they should have been off. The Cabin Crew ignored it all, so I gave them a serve when exiting the aircraft.

And its not just Lion Air. There is a distinct lack of enforcement of Cabin Safety on other Asian Airlines on which I have traveled.

go.around
17th Mar 2015, 12:19
Long range flyer .... I don't usually post and just read but I think you should be a little wary.

There are many of us in similar positions looking for the hours but I am finding it very difficult to pay for hours from money that i have worked hard to make. For someone to take this money and charge me over the odds for hours is not only wrong but a huge insult. Do not get me wrong I am very enthusiastic and want to get a job but I am not willing to let someone take me for a ride and scam me.

The atrans scheme you mention i was speaking to someone about it via email and they quoted me 56,000 euros. I did ask why euros and not US dollars and the reply was the euro is a more stable currency .... think not....

I was then told by a friend who is A320 rated also but did his via the person you mention in your post and he was getting charged 62,000 euros. When i saw the presentation he was given it was clear this person has added 6,000 euros for taking a cv and forwarding it on to atrans. The presentations were identical apart from the price.

I honestly wish that someone would just say P2F is illegal and all the CAA's around the world outlawed it. I have seen numerous scams and offers SAS offered me a role in Asia for $120,000 that was for type rating on 320 / 500 hrs and a 5 yrs contract as i had a rating this reduced to $90,000. I was sent a pay scale of what i would expect monthly and I calculated over 5 yrs I would make back the $90,000 but over that I would make maybe $5,000 taking into account no taxes. Ask yourself would you work in the UK which is assume you are from for 5 years and only make £1000 a year?

Please do not get me wrong if the right offer for P2F and conditions with employment came up there is a remote chance I would do it but not for anything over 25,000 euros and that would be pushing my comfort factor after paying close to 150,000 for license and ratings and keeping all my ratings current for the last 5 yrs. In the mean time I will continue plugging away maintaining SEP MEP A320 Ratings MEP IR and all the other things and look at keeping myself sharp, whilst banging on all the doors possible to hopefully get in and avoid this P2F. Before anyone says the bank of mom and dad does not pay for this lucky for me i have a career outside of aviation which helps me fund my flying and if anything this makes me more reluctant to pay for hours as I as many know how hard it is to make the amount of money we need to fund this.

I know there is a lot of negative and positive comments, constructive and not constructive but in the end the decision lies with yourself and what you find acceptable.

Just remember for every 10 people that pay you are making someone a millionaire over night and putting additional financial burden on yourself.

All these people say they want to help us so why charge 60,000 euros for something that costs 10,000 euros if that.

I wish I could name all the scoundrels on this forum but some are unscrupulous pilots trying to squeeze money from those at the bottom of the ladder. Some write PDF documents saying my tips to getting a job but they charge for the information. Is this really in the good nature of helping all of us get jobs, I think not its just taking advantage of people who are "DESPERATE" to get the first foot on the ladder.

What these guys are doing is fraudulent and it is in the best interests of all pilots that care to report them to the authorities so we can be rid of this once and for all. This is organised crime of a high magnitude with high amounts of money involved.

Roti Canai
18th Mar 2015, 03:25
If not report them get them up a dark alley with a few mates and a baseball bat.

Highflyah
25th Mar 2015, 12:30
Hey guys,

Received email from Paramount asking if I was interested in VJ. I'm typed but no time in type so I was a bit surprised to get the email. Nevertheless, having read posts on here it seems like the typical variety of decent life vs stay-far-away. Is the info from posts in 2013 pretty current on the below questions? If not, I'd appreciate if anyone could give some objective response to them:

How is the schedule? Many daily sectors?
Upgrade time if any for expats?
Do you do many overnights?
How often are you used on reserve days?
90+ hours avg?
Cost of living on FO salary for essential amenities (1 bdrm, internet, utilities, food, transportation etc..)

I'm an island boy so lack of western food is no biggie for me. I don't mind being busy, but is fatigue much of an issue with the rostering?

Thanks in advance.

BAe 146-100
25th Mar 2015, 13:10
Must be a mix up, Vietjet only take people with time on type, to get past CAAV with no time on type is a real problem and only certain trto's are approved. 500 hours on type is the minimum requirement. There was p2f for people with zero hours, but it seems to have dried up. I think now they are only willing to look at people with 500 hours or more on type.

Highflyah
25th Mar 2015, 20:56
Thanks Bae,

Who knows in this industry. What's new today is never heard of tomorrow. With 100 320s on order it'll be interesting for them going forward I'm sure.

Bus Junkie
26th Mar 2015, 06:22
I don't know about VJ but Jetstar Pac hired about 8 with no time on type, just the rating. CAAV had no issues.

Must be a mix up, Vietjet only take people with time on type, to get past CAAV with no time on type is a real problem and only certain trto's are approved. 500 hours on type is the minimum requirement. There was p2f for people with zero hours, but it seems to have dried up. I think now they are only willing to look at people with 500 hours or more on type.

BAe 146-100
26th Mar 2015, 13:51
I'm talking strictly about Vietjet here, Vietjet have taken zero hours as well, but those people paid a lot of money for the privilege and their type rating has to be from a caav approved trto only, there is no getting around that. As far as I am aware Vietjet via the agencies are interested in people with 500 hours on type only, and this information is recent.

VietJet Air A-320 Pilots Minimum Requirements
All Pilot Candidates1
• Max Age of 59 for Males and 55 for Females
• Valid ICAO License with valid A-320 Type Rating with No Restrictions
• ICAO English Level 4 or higher
• No History of Accidents / Incidents
• Class 1 Medical Certificate
• Current on A-320 (Last flight or Proficiency Check within the previous 90 days)
Captains First Officers
• Above Requirements, plus ⦁ Above Requirements, plus
• 4,000 hours Total ⦁ 1,500 hours Total
• 1,000 hours A-320 PIC (500 PIC accepted)2 ⦁ 500 hours on A-320

SW1
27th Mar 2015, 10:32
Whats the upgrade situation like for foreigners with lots of time on the A320?

3000+ A320 time

Cleared ILS approach
7th May 2015, 16:02
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for info regarding a position as contract captain with Vietjet.

Paramount and Parc are now providing captains for them.

If there is any captain there working for them via an agency I'd like to hear from him if possible.

I'm looking for the usual info regarding rosters, pattern (is it really 6 on 2 off?), local issues. If anyone is willing to share please PM me.

Thanks a lot

NG708
19th Jul 2015, 10:29
There seems to be a real lack of info on Vietjet here. Does anyone know about Paramount? Are they reputable, as all the usual agencies are not recruiting?

Also, again they are advertising command upgrades for contractors. Is this happening?
Thanks

avoka
17th Oct 2015, 15:07
Hi guys
Is there any new info about F/Os life in LCCs in Vietnam?
I'm very very very interested in any info,but particularly about J*P.
Also,can anyone shed some light to FFS entry session for this company.
What is company atmosphere?
A lot of thanks
Safe flights

dsk732
19th Oct 2015, 00:11
Any idea if VietJet accept non-rated guys?
I'm 3300hrs on the NG.

Zimar
20th Oct 2015, 23:03
Three easy steps...

Pay Madam X the $50k USD fee for getting hosed.
Smile
Bend Over

It is as simple as that. There are many here that have done that and probably have some slickem - up leftover that they might let you have.

Sino_pilot
11th May 2016, 03:51
Hello Stewsan,
Tkx for your balanced story regarding VJ; I'm about to interview with them for FO pos; any word of advice?

Tkx and rgds,
Sinopilot

pfvspnf
11th May 2016, 03:57
So Vietjet openly does pay to fly? You have to pay the indian each month>?

This is terrible!

BAe 146-100
11th May 2016, 19:51
Yes, its a glorified p2f airline, the price, over 100K.

izu
29th Sep 2016, 12:08
Do they accept rated first officers with more than 500 on type or is just p2f ?

BAe 146-100
30th Sep 2016, 16:15
A few.... But not as many as before. No fixed salary so be prepared to fly 70 hours or less while the cadets fly for free.

Good place for disgruntled married guys who want to have a bit of fun that the wife doesn't know about, for the rest not recommended.

EuroFin
30th Sep 2016, 19:23
Bend over and pay money if you want to fly. "Old" guys not flying as new upgrades & cadets are cheaper = free or sorry they make money as you paid them to fly! Upgrades with money and if you want to be TRI you pay with easy access via atrans. Most corrupted company on earth where DFO drives with RR after robbing the "new comers" safe flying with 200hr cadet..training is below any standard in aviation done by "super pilots" expats removed on the side as old cabin crew becoming chief pilot as the rumour says..good luck to all and be safe!!

BAe 146-100
1st Oct 2016, 10:13
Folks it has to be seen to believed !! Place is flooded now with rich Koreans who pay over 100K to fly.. you want to be a captain, sure just pay, you want to be a TRI, sure pay too. Drain of Asia...

Stewsan
1st Oct 2016, 10:31
There is still a lot of hiring but, although they prefer cadet's, they do hire experienced 320 FO's. It's pretty much a cash business now which although I'm not against for the most part, it's gotten out of hand. As you have read, you can buy your guaranteed position, your ability doesn't come into play. The Qualified instructors we do have, do their best and work very hard. One thing you have to remember, we fly a push button airplane and flying skills have very little to do with being an airline pilot as long as everything goes well. If we were driving Boeing, this situation wouldn't be happening.

BAe 146-100
1st Oct 2016, 12:16
As long as everything goes well..... yes correct... except that one day. This plane is easy to fly when things are going well, as soon as the sh!t hits the fan this plane can be your worst enemy if you don't know what your doing. You have to wonder how the ability level is when at 50 hours of line training they cannot copy a atc clearance.

pfvspnf
1st Oct 2016, 13:01
Maybe this should be mentioned with references on their wiki page ?!