PDA

View Full Version : Uni Of Newcastle Aviaiton Management

gooner14
21st Jan 2013, 23:43
I'm looking into doing a bit more study within the industry. Would anyone recommend the Grad Cert & Masters Progression in Aviation Management currently offered online by the Uni Of Newcastle? Appreciate insight and input from those enrolled or have experience in Aviation Management :)

Horatio Leafblower
22nd Jan 2013, 18:18
I can't comment on UoN's aviation content these days, but I have done distance learning at a number of tertiary institutions over the last 5-10 years.

Newcastle's materials and online learning facilities are excellent and the best I have seen in my post-grad career.

Good luck!

flying-spike
22nd Jan 2013, 19:27
I did the masters after being told I had too much RPL for the degree. So 37 years after leaving high school I took it on. I completed it in two and a half years while working full time and commuting 250km a day for most of it. Be prepared for at least 10 hours a week to study. The subjects covered are relevant if you want to take on a senior management role in aviation later on. My only other advice would be to brush up on APA style of writing as this required in all the written work and can lose 30% of your score if not done properly. I progressed to a management role while completing the course and the subjects covered were applied in my new role. I don't know about other learning institutions but I found the on-line study through University of Newcastle very worthwhile.

4Greens
22nd Jan 2013, 21:00
Check out the Uni of New South Wales courses.

Progressive
23rd Jan 2013, 08:11
I am also a grad of the UoN Masters, completed in 18months while working full time but not driving 250k's to work. The course is well run and it has helped me to achieve higher roles/wages. For specifics drop me a PM.

FS: I wonder how many other Alumni are on here?

gooner14
24th Jan 2013, 04:12
I did mate. Considering i live and work in Sydney they were the first Uni I approached. But unfortunately I did not qualify as they require 4 yrs of industry experience and I've only got 3 yrs so far. They also would not accept my previous Diploma qualification in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering done in Aviation Australia as time in the industry. ( I tried pushing it a bit there) Based on what they have on their website, the courses look pretty interesting and in depth. The other place I checked out was RMIT. So its between UoN and RMIT now. :) Thanks for your response mate.