PDA

View Full Version : An unknown error has occurred.

ExSp33db1rd
21st Jan 2013, 22:57
Ref: Windows Mail - aka Outlook Express for Vista.

To delete my Junk Mail folder I highlight all the messages and hit Delete.

This normally transfers them to the Deleted Items folder, and I then have to go into that folder and repeat the process, irritating but it works.

More recently a message has started to appear - "An unknown error has occurred" - and only some of the messages are deleted.

By trial and error I discovered that one e-mail on the list causes this problem and the deleting process stops every time it gets down to this e-mail.

Sometimes there is more than one message causing this problem, and it takes awhile to by-pass them to get rid of all the others, then I have to deal with the ones that refuse to delete.

Over the last few weeks I have discovered that if I physically 'drag' the rogue e-mails causing this problem one at a time to the Deleted Items folder from the Junk Mail folder, I can then delete them.

WTF ??

I blame Bill Gates.

Cacophonix
21st Jan 2013, 23:08
An unknown error has occurred.

First one has to question the philosophical credentials of a mega corporation that can't figure out that if you have just encountered said error then it is known by you and ergo it is known (even if not explained).

I guess we expect too much from those morons but then again I shouldn't be too cruel.

Anyway don't blame Bill. It appears he has found religion even if just means he believes in mammon et al!

Caco

Milo Minderbinder
22nd Jan 2013, 23:48
Quite possibly hard disk read errors

run chkdsk c: /r from a command prompt