PDA

View Full Version : O me miserum... accusations of man flu!

Cacophonix
21st Jan 2013, 20:44
As the song doesn't go. Sometimes it is hard to be a misunderstood man.

You wake up, your body a burning crucible of pain, throat dry and rasping, temperature off the scale and what do you get from the sweet kind gentle woman in you life? No, not a cold cloth to sooth your fevered brown, nor a gentle kiss to give you strength as you face up to the angel of death as
you feel life's vital force drain away.

No none of these things, kind PPRuNers! What you face is a litany of disparagement, outright ridicule and worst of all bouts of feminine mirth!

What is it about women that they cannot understand a man's travails, his suffering and his flu?

Adieu fellow JB'ers. When all is said and done let it be know that I took my LemSip like a man!

Funeral March (Chopin; High Audio Version) - YouTube

Caco

david1300
22nd Jan 2013, 02:11
Make sure Mrs Caco (if there is one) reads this web site. Man Flu Home (http://manflu.info/)

It tells you all she (and you) need to know for your care during this terrible time

Adam Nams
22nd Jan 2013, 03:37
Caco

Farewell, parting is such sweet sorrow.

Can I have your boots please?

Slasher
22nd Jan 2013, 03:55
Sorry to hear you're a bit crook Caco - hope you recover.

I've never had man flu but me dong did once! :ouch:

PS - in case you don't recover could you will me any stray buxom nieces over
18 you might have? :\

radeng
22nd Jan 2013, 11:34
Caco,

Best treatment is:

A glass containing a triple tot ofwhisky, a tablespoonful of honey, a quarter of a lemon squeezed, an equal amount of hot water, repeated as required. When recovery starts, sex as often as the patient feels necessary.

david1300
22nd Jan 2013, 11:41
"Sex as often as needed" should be every mans commitment to preventative medicine.

ExRAFRadar
22nd Jan 2013, 12:33
I worked at a big London council a few years ago when I came down with a bout of 'Man-flu'.

When I returned a Social Worker said to me "Ah diddums had man flu did he" (or something like that)

Quick as a flash I retorted "Are you suggesting that my Gender played a part in my reporting sick, if so I will put in a complaint for sexual harassment"

Mention the words Gender and Harassment in a Council workplace and watch the back pedaling.

And yes it was said with tongue in cheek but I think I overplayed the serious face bit...

In the end I apologised to the poor Social Worker who was worried about it for ages. Let her stew for a while. :-)

MagnusP
22nd Jan 2013, 13:18
A glass containing a triple tot ofwhisky, a tablespoonful of honey, a quarter of a lemon squeezed, an equal amount of hot water, repeated as required. When recovery starts, sex as often as the patient feels necessary.

radeng, you've overcomplicated the recipe for recovery.

A glass containing a triple tot of whisky,
sex as often as the patient feels necessary.

Fixed it for ya.

radeng
22nd Jan 2013, 16:18
No Magnus, you need the honey to provide energy for the sex and lemon juice to make sure you have enough vitamin C to fight off the 'flu....

Cacophonix
22nd Jan 2013, 20:08
Thanks to all for the useful suggestions. The hot toddy and sex seems a good idea but one that might not get much traction here tonight (the sex bit at least) as lady Cacophonix has come home from work with the flu as well and (rare event) Caco received a grudging acknowledgement that his suffering may not be just man flu after all.

If I should cease upon the hour then Mr Nams gets my veldskoene! ;)

Led Zeppelin-In My Time of Dying - YouTube

Caco

Lonewolf_50
22nd Jan 2013, 22:44
Get well soon, Caco.

Best wishes for Lady of Casa de Caco as well. :ok:

Keef
22nd Jan 2013, 23:25
I learned a cold and flu cure many years ago. I may not have the language quite right, but it was something like:

10 GET WHISKY, GLASS, CANDLE, MATCHES
20 LIGHT CANDLE
30 POUR WHISKY
40 DRINK WHISKY
50 COUNT CANDLE
60 IF CANDLE = 1 GOTO 30
70 GOTO SLEEP

I think that's approximately the BASIC version. There were Fortran, COBOL, C, 6502 Assembler and a few more versions of it in the same document.

Temp Spike
23rd Jan 2013, 04:42
Take one of these and call me in the morning.

Bisous - Dr Sakis - YouTube

MagnusP
23rd Jan 2013, 10:00
radeng, fair point there.

Caco, it's a great song. Watched the whole of "Celebration Day" again on Saturday.

Cacophonix
23rd Jan 2013, 23:05
From Caco

Thanks to the manufacturers of various patent medicines and more specifically to the good folks that post here. Caco's AI has rectified itself and life seems like it is bugged up once more! :ok:

Caco

radeng
24th Jan 2013, 09:27
Do we assume then, Caco, that you followed Dr. Radeng's prescription?

ORAC
24th Jan 2013, 11:24
4_4YzO3eBGQ

Fo-wzNVseWw

8f3geqqx8sY

F2E95b2GrPU