PDA

View Full Version : Best Pprune threads

RTN11
21st Jan 2013, 17:40
A lot of threads on here seem to end up as an argument, or slagging match, often with hilarious consequences.

The current one seems to be everyone v "Truckflyer"

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/505432-dreaming-flying-jet-specially-you-older-guys-4.html

which reminded me of everyone v "Thomas Harrison91"

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/328928-marketing-scam-alert-3.html

Any other users out there trying to provoke debate but simple ending up getting ripped into by everyone?

Cacophonix
21st Jan 2013, 17:47
TF I think that last post has proved beyond any hope of redemption, that you are a complete and absolute bell end.

Fantastic stuff! ;)

Thanks for pointing the thread out. Just goes to show that you still get a great class of vitriol outside the hallowed halls of JB.

Caco

500N
21st Jan 2013, 17:50
The Iranian situation thread started by SAMXXV about 2 years ago in the Military forum.

Ended with a couple of people having a genuine bet for $$$$ with him that
war wouldn't start before the end of 2011.

Another thread that started of in a good way and became very humourous
was again in the Military forum.

Member, new to living in a village was invited to attend afternoon drinks.
Long and very funny discussion on what to wear, how to address people.

racedo
21st Jan 2013, 18:12
Sorry !!!

But it has to be one where the one, the only "Slasher" is detailing exploits and photos.

cgwhitemonk11
21st Jan 2013, 18:14
The problem with Truckflyer for instance isn't the fact that he started a debate, thats fair enough, it's that he is 'a complete and utter bell-end''

As has been quite rightly pointed out

DX Wombat
21st Jan 2013, 20:06
Three spring to mind. In no particular order: Flaps 40's "The Captain" (I think it was called that), Tony Draper's first post "Broken Pilot" still gives people the heebeejeebees and Slasher's tales of his cat Porky.

Doodlebug
21st Jan 2013, 20:34
Anything by Foss :(

Mac the Knife
21st Jan 2013, 21:08
Some of the OCB threads were amazing

Mac

:ok:

And who could forget Tartan Gannet?

(am I betraying my age?)

:sad:

Buster Hyman
21st Jan 2013, 21:10
The Mil forums caption competition should be turned into a coffee table book, IMHO!

Big Tudor
21st Jan 2013, 23:40
And who could forget Tartan Gannet?
Ah, Tartan Gannet. What a chap. And not forgetting Tricky Woo!

TBirdFrank
22nd Jan 2013, 00:08
Show us the links!!! :uhoh:

Slasher
22nd Jan 2013, 04:18
Chemical Man was pretty good as was Seaman Staines.

I still miss Snailtrails though... he was THE master! :(

Solid Rust Twotter
22nd Jan 2013, 04:21
Any chance the mods will allow us to lure the chemtrails mob back in here? Had a great time poking their wobble headed insanity with sticks until they had a collective meltdown and dribbled off back to their own little world.

Worrals in the wilds
22nd Jan 2013, 05:20
The Mil forums caption competition should be turned into a coffee table book, IMHO!
So should the ATC Humour thread. :ok:

Buster Hyman
22nd Jan 2013, 07:52
Its okay WitW...I've patented both ideas... :ok:

Lukeafb1
22nd Jan 2013, 08:07
I fear that you have omitted ’Mornington Crescent’. The only thread which demands intellect and in-depth knowledge of the subject and is played by gentlemen (and some ladies) of the highest breeding.

Alright, there are some charlatans and vagabonds intent on disrupting the smooth flow of play, but they are quickly dealt with. :hmm::hmm:

Ancient Observer
22nd Jan 2013, 13:53
charlatans and vagabonds

Yep , you are correct. It takes.....

The SSK
22nd Jan 2013, 13:59
Poor old Sheronfrd. All he ever tried to do was fill his empty head with Knowledge

cirrus_
22nd Jan 2013, 16:36
Votes and suggestions welcome

Old skool Alex
22nd Jan 2013, 18:57
In my short time here I find ATC humour closely followed by truckflyer v The world as the best threads on here.

Solid Rust Twotter
22nd Jan 2013, 19:08
The chemtrails threads were comedy gold. The faked spray panel had them frothing into their cornflakes in a most amusing manner.:}

Cacophonix
22nd Jan 2013, 19:53
I quite enjoyed the various brands of psuedo science (both pro and con) on the Climate Change thread. What ever happened to that eclectic font of meaningless stats and strong convictions made lighter and even frothier by Chuk's unique ironic prose style and Green Granite's rock like defence of his own point of view?

Caco

Lonewolf_50
22nd Jan 2013, 22:42
While the signal to noise ratio was sort of high, I massively enjoyed participating in various Air France 447 threads for a while, and learned a great deal.

Very educational, if one filtered out some of the noise.

500N
22nd Jan 2013, 22:45
Solid Rust

Re "The faked spray panel had them frothing into their cornflakes in a most amusing manner.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif"

Do you have a link to it ?

pigboat
23rd Jan 2013, 02:55
I'm with Slasher re Snailtrails. Pure gold.

There was another thread about the DC-3 on a pole in Port Morseby that had me falling off my chair. Can't remember who started that one, OzExpat or Chimbu Chuckles maybe?

Bull at a Gate
23rd Jan 2013, 03:38
I wonder what Thomas Harrison91 is up to these days? Google tells me there is a Thomas Harrison91 with a twitter account who apparently earns money filling in surveys online. Surely this could not be PPrune's most endearing member of the upper class?

The SSK
23rd Jan 2013, 08:25
MUSIC QUIZ(ZES)

pulse1
23rd Jan 2013, 11:34
I think that there should be a number of categories for judging threads.

For me, the best contain the inspired entertainment of early threads by Tony Draper and Tricky Woo. The following links are samples, quickly chosen to demonstrate what I'm on about.

http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/11582-military-men-old.html

http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/13200-ever-wanted-author-2.html

Other categories should cover campaigning threads for which the MOK thread should be a clear winner.

For more trivial human interest the Pinkster thread, started I believe by Mad Jock, kept many of us locked into Pprune as we followed the details of this lady as she completed her PPL in her pink headset.

compressor stall
23rd Jan 2013, 11:44
The chemtrail thread was lost in the great PPrune server crash of 2000 I think.