View Full Version : Congo info

Foxcotte
21st Jan 2013, 16:57
Anyone out there with current info on what it's like to operate in Congo and DRC? Maybe have a short tour there and wondering how it is on the ground? Handling, operating, hotels or night-stops? I have a little experience a short while ago and bureaucracy was mind-blowing, occasionally nasty and horribly expensive with endless new fees.

Any advice or tips on what to do, where to avoid, how to operate smoothly etc would be very useful....

Mobotu
2nd Oct 2013, 18:55
First bring money....er.....green in color works best......Benjamin Franklin's etc....next you need to provide a copy of your current license, medical and copy of last page of your logbook....then for around $500(Officially $250) you will obtain a DRC Validation for 6 months which allows you to fly ANY(I am NOT kidding) aircraft known to man for the next six months even if they don't appear on your original license.
After six months you can apply for a Full DRC photocopy paper license and you can choose which qualification best suits your needs(Concorde might be considered an exaggeration) to have placed on your new license ......this should cost you around $1000.....and you were wondering why we are on the EU Blacklist!

mkenya
4th Oct 2013, 08:00
Do they still issue those A4 paper licenses? I had a colleague there a while back and that is the information I got....

Fly any aircraft?? not even just for training...crazzy