PDA

View Full Version : Tin Foil Hat as fashion clothing

G&T ice n slice
20th Jan 2013, 10:10
The super cool stealth hoodie that lets you hide from drones | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265146/The-super-cool-stealth-hoodie-lets-hide-drones.html)

But... do I need the peanut butter ?

Lon More
20th Jan 2013, 10:14
Whatever next, tinfoil condoms for rapists? Bet they never saw that coming

stuckgear
20th Jan 2013, 10:14
'Jane Doh!' would have loved that..

OFSO
20th Jan 2013, 10:41
It's missing the connection for an earth wire. As I found when up at Mt Bugerach, this is essential. Best with a connector at the hatbrim, behind one ear to conceal it, then run flesh-coloured wire under clothes to a rapid disconnect connector at the shoe (in case of thunderstorms) and then a couple of spikes fasten to a metal sole plate. (Or soul plate if that's your bag). For those who fear the loss of earth during walking, double up with a splitter with a 25k ohm resistor and diode at the groin* and one plate/spike on each shoe. I find I receive the occasional radio transmission in dry weather, best to move to wet ground if this worries you.

*Remember your school days - the pith balls in the Leyden jar ? That's why.

stuckgear
20th Jan 2013, 10:44
ok OFSO i can understand if one is a burgling or TWOCing chav.

but for other customers won't peanut butter suffice ?

G-CPTN
20th Jan 2013, 10:59
Now all you have to do is set up a website selling these garments then target the addresses of the customers.

Sting? I don't know, but I bet it'll bloody hurt . . .

FlyerFoto
20th Jan 2013, 11:08
And, of course, there won't be a prize for guessing which 'news' paper actually thought it worth reporting on...

sitigeltfel
20th Jan 2013, 11:15
One upside is that the people who chose to wear them would make excellent lightning conductors.

stuckgear
20th Jan 2013, 11:16
And, of course, there won't be a prize for guessing which 'news' paper actually thought it worth reporting on...

Daily Fail was just copying somone elses article..

item in daily fail 15 hours ago

gizomdo, the well known gadget/geek site site.. 3 days ago.

Stealth Hoodie: For When the Predators Finally Reach Our Planet (http://gizmodo.com/5976463/youll-want-a-stealth-hoodie-for-when-the-predators-finally-reach-our-planet)

OFSO
20th Jan 2013, 11:56
This was OFSO just before heading up to Mt Bugerach last December.....
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/ROBIN_100/alu-helmet.jpg

It's a metallised fabric. Who says "being safe" cannot "be fashionable" !

G-CPTN
20th Jan 2013, 11:57
Daily Fail was just copying somone elses article..
So it wasn't news - more like olds . . .

Windy Militant
20th Jan 2013, 11:58
What's the radar signature on these things?
So all plod has to do now is look for the foot prints they leave behind, or "Excuse me sir but may I ask why you're wearing moon boots in July" :suspect:

bluecode
20th Jan 2013, 12:16
Several obvious flaws. The biggest being that as it retains heat. The wearer will expire in next to no time. Not only that the silver colour stands out rather a lot so require further camouflage exacerbating the heat retention issue.

Further thought needed I think!