PDA

View Full Version : Princess Kate's Baby...born on the 4th of July?

sevenstrokeroll
20th Jan 2013, 02:14
Wouldn't it be funny if Princess Kate's baby was born on the 4th of July?

;-)

Hobo
20th Jan 2013, 04:46
Absolutely hilarious! Even now I can barely contain my mirth just contemplating it. I take it you are referring to the first anniversary of the announcement, at CERN, of the discovery of particles consistent with the Higgs boson in the Large Hadron Collider.

Worrals in the wilds
20th Jan 2013, 05:06
http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/100000/50000/2000/500/152552/152552.strip.gif

http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/upload/65443000805913308_Qo96kk0y_c.jpg

Loose rivets
20th Jan 2013, 05:14
Or perhaps the weight of the Eiffel tower.

Look up Lisa Randell for the link.

Seldomfitforpurpose
20th Jan 2013, 06:43
Share a birthday with Hotmail,

1996 - Hot Mail, a free internet E-mail service begins :ok:

cavortingcheetah
20th Jan 2013, 07:17
Wisteria needs pruning twice a year to keep it floriferous and to prevent it from growing out of its allotted space. The best months for this are July and January.Prunning is necessary to keep the tricky little climbing plant healthy and disease free.
Among other perils facing Wisteria is a terminal disease called graft failure where the plant effectively rots from the bottom. Wisteria pest is a relatively new pest in Britain which is a sap sucking insect which are soft when young but become covered in a hard shell or scale when mature. Wisteria is also subject to rot and although this has not yet been given the nomenclature of Royal, as in Royal Rot, the cure for this fungus us apt to be a heads off affair.

hellsbrink
20th Jan 2013, 08:18
Wouldn't it be funny if Princess Kate's baby was born on the 4th of July?

No, because Tom Cruise would make a movie about it.

Seldomfitforpurpose
20th Jan 2013, 08:30
No, because Tom Cruise would make a movie about it.

He would be tall enough to play the part of the baby if it is a boy, as opposed to being 'kin tall enough to play Jack Reacher.....................but thats another rant for another thread :ok:

cavortingcheetah
20th Jan 2013, 09:16
It might be funnier if Harry whizzed her across to the USA on BAF 1 and had the brat born in God's Country. Then, in about thirty five years and as a US born citizen, the thing could run for the US Presidency which, having been won by an heir to the British Crown would effectively reunite the two countries and successfully replace the long lost Scotland in British affections. This would be a subtle revenge for the termination of Lend/Lease in 1945, a sensible financial decision on the part of President Truman, but one which has colored British attitudes to the Americans in a vitriolic shade of green ever since.

Seldomfitforpurpose
20th Jan 2013, 09:32
Mr Cheetah,

If I may say, :D:D:D:D:D

Krystal n chips
20th Jan 2013, 09:39
" and had the brat born in God's Country. "

I think it's fair to say the chances of the baby being born in Manchester are fairly remote....:cool:

Should, however, said baby elect to make an early arrrival and be born in Holyhead or Bangor....this would make said baby... Welsh....you can only imagine the run on smelling salts that would ensue in the Home Counties if this were to be the case.

One would find this to be hilarious...:D:E

Seldomfitforpurpose
20th Jan 2013, 09:44
" and had the brat born in God's Country. "

I think it's fair to say the chances of the baby being born in Manchester are fairly remote....:cool:

Should, however, said baby elect to make an early arrrival and be born in Holyhead or Bangor....this would make said baby... Welsh....you can only imagine the run on smelling salts that would ensue in the Home Counties if this were to be the case.

One would find this to be hilarious...:D:E

Don't please,

Nowhere near the same scale but what you suggest is almost exactly how our lovely daughter came into this world, I worked down the corridor from where 'he' is based, she was 2 weeks late but she was born in Bangor Hospital.............fortunately she has gotten over it :ok:

cavortingcheetah
20th Jan 2013, 09:52
The Welsh question raises a potentially interesting conundrum.
Any child would eventually become Prince or, under the new clotted cream regime, Princess of Wales. In anticipation of this and in memory of a great Welsh tragedy, the baby could have, among its myriad names, the Welsh name of Aberfan. This would enable the child to be known at its boarding school as Fanny Windsor, which would act as a constant reminder to the family of the music halls from whence it sprung.

Sallyann1234
20th Jan 2013, 10:09
I just googled the 4th of July but could not find anything of any real importance happening on that date ;)

cavortingcheetah
20th Jan 2013, 10:12
Disaster denial is the quality of the British which has allowed them to claim credit for winning every conflict in which they've ever fought without ever having won a war.

Exascot
20th Jan 2013, 10:18
Princess Kate's Baby...born on the 4th of July?

Who on earth is 'Princess Kate'? I have trawled Debrett's, Who's, Who and even The Tattler and can find no existence of a Princess of this name.

Don't hold your breath for the next honours list :ugh:

brickhistory
20th Jan 2013, 15:16
Then, in about thirty five years and as a US born citizen, the thing could
run for the US Presidency which, having been won by an heir to the British Crown would effectively reunite the two countries

As the 'mortgage' today is $16+ trillion, by the time the baby could fulfill this plan, it's likely to be much more.

Not sure assuming that debt would be a wise investment.

But you would save a (mega)ton on nukes...

Dushan
20th Jan 2013, 15:27
Nukes:eek: They don't need no friggin' nukes. They are worried on how to dispose of old knives, in another thread:eek::eek: What would they do with nukes?

Seldomfitforpurpose
20th Jan 2013, 15:33
Nukes:eek: They don't need no friggin' nukes. They are worried on how to dispose of old knives, in another thread:eek::eek: What would they do with nukes?

Not just Nukes that we wouldn't need :E

Tankertrashnav
20th Jan 2013, 15:36
Who on earth is 'Princess Kate'? I have trawled Debrett's, Who's, Who and even The Tattler and can find no existence of a Princess of this name.

I think we can forgive someone from Illinois for not knowing the intricacies of our titles, Exascot. Remember, we even had some twerp on the BBC referring to The Queen as 'Her Royal Highness' during the Jubilee celebrations.

Never thought the cousins were much on titles until I saw GWB snap "Who do you think you're talking to?" to a hapless reporter at a press conference who had accidentally called him 'Sir' instead of 'Mr President'.

Krystal n chips
20th Jan 2013, 15:42
" but she was born in Bangor Hospital.............fortunately she has gotten over it "

Now had she lived there, I could possibly have some ( slightly above minimal) sympathy here...;)....although there are a few nice aspects as they say in estate agent speak.

No matter, can't alter the legalities of the birth cert. ..which is the bit wot counts... :D

Of course, if the baby could be born in Carnarvon, priceless !...