PDA

View Full Version : UK Procedures/FPL for Air Test?

Oxeagle
19th Jan 2013, 13:40
Afternoon all,

Our aircraft recently had an 8.33khz radio fitted, and previously hadn't been flown above FL190 since my boss has owned it. As such, I am planning to take it up to FL280 to ensure that everything is working correctly before I fly him on it.

My question is whether there is a special procedure used for 'air test' (for want of the correct phrase) flights that allow you to climb to high altitude for a short period of time and perform?

Many thanks,

OE

PURPLE PITOT
19th Jan 2013, 15:54
Dont know where you are based, but a quick phone call to the tower, and they can arrange with london to fire you off somewhere out of the way, into a hold for your test, then back.

No big deal, we do it out of FAB often, with a service from Boscombe or London depending on the level needed.

Oxeagle
19th Jan 2013, 20:33
Thank you Purple Pilot, that is exactly what I needed to know.

Cheers,

OE

dc9-32
20th Jan 2013, 05:34
You could head out to the North Sea and have the MIL look after you in uncontrolled airspace. Follow the procedure to get clearance and away you go. PM if you need a hand with the procedure.

sycamore
23rd Jan 2013, 19:29
You should contact `London Military Supervisor` by telephone,and explain what you want to do,preferably 24 hrs before.It is in the AIP;they will fax/text.e-m a proforma ; if you `bootleg` it ,you may be booted out,or asked to call them on landing.....(01489 612408/417/447..I think..)