PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know internship programs?

Green58
19th Jan 2013, 07:29
I'm a foreigner studying in the U.S. for a 4-year aviation degree. I'm still a starter, but I'll get my PPL soon and I have less than 60 hours now. Since summer's coming up, I'm looking to do an internship (either paid/unpaid; hopefully paid though). My main problem is that I don't have the right to work in the U.S., and many of the airlines (e.g. Delta) offering internships don't want to hire foreigners like me. I don't mind going outside of the U.S. if there's an opportunity elsewhere. I'd really appreciate it if you'd share any internship/co-op opportunities you've heard of. Thanks a lot, guys!

717tech
19th Jan 2013, 08:22
G'Day

Can you be more specific with what you want to do? What sort of internship etc.

I don't know about the US but I don't believe there is anything like that on offer in Australia. (As you mention you would look outside the US).

Trolle
19th Jan 2013, 10:41
I did one at United Airlines in 1999 (unpaid) for 1 semester. Great opportunity. Most internships in the US are through the university since you may receive credit for the experience. However, I think UAL shut theirs down a number of years ago. Had some fellow students who did an internship with some regionals and got offered a job afterwards.

Green58
19th Jan 2013, 19:32
717tech: I'm just looking for anything aviation related. Even an office job in a small airline/airport would work.
Thanks!