PDA

View Full Version : Job Assesment - Question

Birfeld_Flyer
18th Jan 2013, 07:59
Hi all,

I would like to know Your opinion about the cost of Job Assesment that I have been offered.

The company told me that I should pay 1,400 EUR for Assesment, that is 90 minutes simulator.

What is now the industry standard ? What do You think ?

aloa326
18th Jan 2013, 09:33
Looks like Farnair's assestment. They are ridiculous!!!

First of all an assestment should be free, second one they are charging much more than Volotea or Ryan!!!!!

Aviation is crap if someone still even think to go for an assestment with these conditions.

Anyway it's up to you and of course your pocket!!:ok:

intheblue
18th Jan 2013, 14:04
Birfeld_Flyer are you serious? go on! pay them and if you get the job you'll see afterwords how much they want you to pay them per month or should it be the other way around? :} hmmm...

pipertommy
18th Jan 2013, 17:49
1400.......madness. How many go through this per month ? Per year ? Easy little earner.

RTN11
18th Jan 2013, 17:57
Troll?

What do Ryanair charge for their assessment? A few hundred?

If you were purely looking on it as paying for the sim time, it would be in the region of £300 per hour for full motion, but you have two people in there at a time. Surely a 90 min assessment would include both PF and PM.

Why anyone would pay 1400 to be assessed is beyond me.

Feedmemore
19th Jan 2013, 02:35
Is that at horizon academy? They are famous to rip off people....

Piltdown Man
19th Jan 2013, 15:01
The questions you have to ask yourself are "Am I so desperate that I have to pay a bunch of grasping, opportunist thieves see how I fly knowing full well that they more they assess, the more they earn? Will I be able to afford to work for this bunch of tight-wads? Will they charge me for training and then fail me? Will they pay me if I pass? Is their actually a job?"

Write your reply on something brown and post it off without a stamp.

Birfeld_Flyer
20th Jan 2013, 09:07
Hi all,

So I have now received 6 anwsers all saying more or less politely "do not do it".

I will allow myself as Im fresh to pprnue to give more general question/statement.

It seems like the only choice I have now (having fATPL) is to apply to different places where usually they will ask for money in advance ( not only for assesment but also for any form of flying ) and then be proud / have values and decline such offers OR be practical :) hope that they will not be a scam / give You job after P2F ( just eat Your pride and pay yourself a F/O position )

Summarize : be good guy/honsest and not P2F and wait for market change or be :mad: practical :mad: pay and fly a shiny jet.

Sum: Kill or be killed. This forum should be called : Gladiators forum.

felixthecat
20th Jan 2013, 10:56
Unfortunately this day and age P2F is where we are at. Why? Because new ATPLs will pay and and the airlines know it because it is supply and demand. I disagree with it but its not going to change….but 1400 EUR is totally ridiculous and should be avoided like the plague.

So you pay and you don't get the job…you have wasted a huge amount of money for what? Not even an entry in your log book to help you along the way to that first 1500. Do yourself a favour and give this one a huge miss. They sound like total crooks with a nice line in money making from desperate newbies. Is the profession even worth entering honestly with companies asking this…think about it long and hard….this is the way of your future career?:=

OutsideCAS
21st Jan 2013, 08:30
Name the company on here - nothing untoward in doing that if they really are charging the euro fee you say they are. That way we can all be warned about these companies using cadets as revenue generation tools.