PDA

View Full Version : Education Query

HappyBandit
18th Jan 2013, 00:15
Hi All

Looking for some advice. I have been offered the opportunity to study for an MBA via distance education and interested in pursuing from the main aspect of opening opportunities down the track should I get bored flying ad nauseum and wish to take on more a managerial/administrative role. What are people's thoughts on the usefulness or uselessness of higher education particularly an MBA in the aviation field?

Assistance/advice is sought. Thanks

HB

Oktas8
18th Jan 2013, 01:19
Two thoughts.

Distance education is often regarded as a poor cousin of personal-contact education, quite rightly IMO. (Note that I am a happy distance-learning student myself. But I acknowledge the reality.) Some MBA schools in particular have a very weak reputation indeed. So research the school's reputation. It's not worth spending even $100 at an institution which has a worthless reputation.

Higher educational qualifications date quite quickly. So I wouldn't do a qualification until I was nearly ready to apply for a relevant job, unless studying merely for personal interest. It's good to be able to say "... and I've recently finished this relevant study programme in my own time & expense."

Cheers, O8

4Greens
18th Jan 2013, 04:10
Check out UNSW Department of Aviation. Its all there.