PDA

View Full Version : Hillsboro aviation airplane program

KanfeyNesharim
17th Jan 2013, 18:03
Hi guys,

New to this forum and glad to be among you fellows wannabee pilots.
This thread is about hillsboro aviation pilot school in Oregon.
I'd like some some inside intel about the airplane program and the chances to be hired as a CFI, with a preference on multi engine after completion of their program, all this, based on a OPT (f1 visa)
One question emerges when choosing a remote but well known school. Why there ?
Well cause its been a year, i am checking and checking again every school with a descent program (ppl,cpl,ir,mer,sei,cfi, cfii with f1 visa). All i have seen, read and heard about those school mainly situated in Florida, is nothing but negative.
PEA has bad, very bad reputation even among their fellow students.
AVIATOR.edu.....yeah they bought the .edu to make it serious.....they share planes with EFT, students sometimes fly 3 times a week ! Bad management, money stolen and aircrafts in bad conditions etc....about EFT, well i doubt somebody has ever completed their APP program and by the way, their managers (airline pilots both of them) are not in the school 5 days a week and they think this school has a hobby.
Pelican, well , who knows really? I couldnt go there, was in a hurry, but nothing gets out....weird, even their website is fuzzy.
Flight safety...good school......very expensive though and you get just one cfi rating for more than $70 000 !!!!
Aerosim, same thing, good school, very expensive and not enough rating.

So yes Hillsboro Oregon sounds good.....what do you think ?

hhassan
8th Aug 2013, 17:53
Hi Kanfey, your are right. I've been researching for a while now and I came up with the same conclusion. Hillsboro seems to be the best option out there among F1 sponsors.

Have you started your training yet ? I am planning to visit the school in the next couple of months just to take my final decision before I start my training in January.

I think the only drawback is the weather there in Oregon, am I choosing a terrible month (Jan) to start my training ? Or is it ok since I will be doing ground school first ? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

hhassan
8th Aug 2013, 22:05
I agree, actually came up with the same conclusion . I believe that Hillsboro remains the best option among other F1 sponsoring academies.

Have you joined the academy? Do you recommend it ?

BigGrecian
9th Aug 2013, 17:51
yeah they bought the .edu to make it serious.

You can't just buy a .edu domain - you have to be approved and accredited. Aviator is.

Also you should note only one of those is EASA Approved the rest are just FAA.

Transsonic2000
9th Aug 2013, 22:28
Hi there,

here some info regarding training at HAI:

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/520606-how-simple-flight-training.html#post7978461

This link will answer your question regarding, being hired as a CFI after training:

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/517962-school-1500hrs-flight.html#post7915191

The links I provided above contain some more information, if you don't mind to spend some time reading through the thread.

PS: Hillsboro is not JAA (EASA) approved. If it's about obtaining a JAA/EASA license, I'd recommend an JAA approved FTO or doing the training in Europe. Reason being, conversion of an FAA to JAA license is quite an extensive and expensive affair - usually underestimated by the majority of people!