PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Patrol... London

stuckgear
17th Jan 2013, 17:40
Muslim patrol: Hooded vigilantes walking streets of London telling women to cover up and taking alcohol out of the hands of revellers so they behave the Islamic way | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2263905/Muslim-patrol-Hooded-vigilantes-walking-streets-London-telling-women-cover-taking-alcohol-hands-revellers-behave-Islamic-way.html)

Hooded 'Muslim Patrol' vigilantes remove alcohol from drinkers and tell women to cover up as they stalk London suburb

Group has released a video filmed in London called: 'The Truth About Saturday Night'

The gang confronts people and accuse them of living an unclean life
They film a hurt cyclist in the road, blaming alcohol for their injuries and call it an invitation to Islam
Films show them burning posters they believe are 'vile and disgusting' - including one for a bra
Muslim groups condemn them for their hard-line views and approach
Police are investigating reports a gang claiming to be Islamic vigilantes have been confronting members of the public and demanding they give up alcohol and women cover their flesh in their 'Muslim area'.

The hooded men, who call themselves Muslim Patrol, have been filmed walking London's streets and calling white women 'naked animals with no self respect.'

The group is also shown taking 'evil' booze from revellers and film a cyclist being treated after a road accident, claiming they were injured because they were unclean.

In one exchange a member of the group says: 'We don't care if you are appalled at all', before calling themselves 'vigilantes implementing Islam upon your own necks'.

They have uploaded videos to their YouTube channel with the most recent three-minute clip causing a stir online.

'The Truth About Saturday Night', which was uploaded on Sunday, has already been viewed more than 42,000 times.

Scotland Yard says it is investigating.

It was shot on a mobile phone at night in what the Met say is Waltham Forest, London, with a number of men seen shouting 'this is a Muslim area' towards white Britons they've confronted.

The video description states: 'From women walking the street dressed like complete naked animals with no self respect, to drunk people carrying alcohol, to drunks being killed in the middle of the road, we try our best to capture and forbid it all.

One scene shows the hooded yobs forcing a passing man to put a can of lager away, telling the stunned gentleman they are the Muslim Patrol and that alcohol is a 'forbidden evil'.
They then tell a group of women 'they need to forbid themselves from dressing like this and exposing themselves outside the mosque'.

On another occasion, a woman takes offence to their requests and tells them they are in Great Britain at which point they respond by saying 'they don't respect those who disobey God'.

Mohammed Shafiq, the chief executive of the Ramadhan Foundation, a Muslim organisation which campaigns for a peaceful co-existence among communities, has condemned the group's behaviour.

He said: 'We live in the UK and we are governed by UK law, there should be no mob rule. If people are involved in this behaviour then it is worrying but it is an isolated incident.'

The vigilante video follows an earlier clip made by the group where they protested against adverts for push-up bras by High Street retailer H&M.

In the clip they say: 'The Muslims have taken it upon themselves to command the good and forbid the evil and cover up these naked people.'

They then show a number of adverts for the product which has been sprayed over and also film themselves pouring petrol over one advert and setting it on fire.

doubleu-anker
17th Jan 2013, 18:07
If the b:mad:s want a war, then give them a war!

Oh, you cant do that, as it would be seen as anti Islam. :ugh:

If the hoods think women are flashing too much flesh now, they will certainly be very busy during the hot summer months.

Tableview
17th Jan 2013, 18:24
When they commit offences in Western countries they should be subject to the same penalties as if they did so in their own countries, up to and including the death penalty.

If they don't like it ..... two choices. FIFO.

AlpineSkier
17th Jan 2013, 18:27
This needs to be repressed very heavily and if any perpetartors are illegal, ensure they are kicked-out after serving their prison sentences ( not suspended obviously )

Milo Minderbinder
17th Jan 2013, 18:36
I smell something fishy here

The original Youtube account on which the video was supposedly originally posted has had its account closed for persistent violation of terms of service.

However reposts of parts of it, with commentary are available on several "right wing" (for want of a better description) sites. Funny how they managed to grab it so quickly before it went offline.......
I can't help feeling this is a shit-stirring attempt by someone hoping to stoke Enoch's red rivers.

Sprogget
17th Jan 2013, 18:38
Who gives a toss? One small mind is much like another. Muslamic rayguns.:hmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

racedo
17th Jan 2013, 18:51
BBC News - Oxford exploitation trial: Girl had 'back-room abortion' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-21059681)

These part of the same group or another one ?

vulcanised
17th Jan 2013, 19:59
Give the police a break at this busy time!

Haven't you seen the reports of them all over the country, bravely facing gangs of children and fearlessly cautioning them?

hellsbrink
17th Jan 2013, 20:05
Despite the risk of fanning the flames on all sides of a possible discussion on the subject of this thread, I have a couple of things to ask.

How many times has this sort of thing been reported as happening in London, and especially Waltham Forest, over the last few years, and why is it suddenly "news" on almost an annual basis as if the press have nothing better to do?

Anyway, I'll let everyone get back to the inevitable mouth foaming.

Ozzy
17th Jan 2013, 20:09
Shiria law seems to be only applicable in the UK on domestic disputes...and by both party's agreement. Now, how about applying it to Muslims IN TOTAL?

Ozzy

Victor Inox
17th Jan 2013, 20:25
Of course, white people undertaking patrols throughout the UK to ensure that no women are wearing headscarves or hijabs, and checking that no women have had their genitalia mutilated would be entirely out of the question, right?

On top of it all, these Muslim patrols are happening at a time when there is a marked increase in gangs of Muslim men appearing in English courts charged with raping underage white girls. What a wonderful world Allah has created :ugh:

stuckgear
17th Jan 2013, 20:29
what with the islamists action in Mali, Somalia and Algeria one wonders if there isnt a bit of a push going on at the moment or does one action prompt another?

Lonewolf_50
17th Jan 2013, 20:30
Of course, white people undertaking patrols throughout the UK to
ensure that no women are wearing headscarves or hijabs, and checking that
no women have had their genitalia mutilated would be entirely out of the
question, right?
Doesn't that happen in France already? As to the gash checking, I'll leave that for the OB, thanks.
On top of it all, these Muslim patrols are happening at a time when there is a marked increase in gangs of Muslim men appearing in English courts charged with raping underage white girls. What a wonderful world Allah has created :ugh:
Hypocrisy, thy name is Islam.

RedhillPhil
17th Jan 2013, 20:37
Speaking of which I do wish someone in media land would be brave enough to say that these man are Pakistanis or of Pakistani origin rather than the all encompassing "Asian". It's not as if they're from China or Japan or Tibet.

hellsbrink
17th Jan 2013, 20:40
Indeed, VI and SG (and others), except you can find reports of these "patrols" from 2011 when there wasn't the court cases about the sexual abuse by gangs and there wasn't the ongoing skirmish in Mali. Oh and since the crap happening in Algeria and Somalia has been going on for far longer than these "patrols", I fail to see that link either.

I'll let y'all get back to the mouth foaming......

doubleu-anker
17th Jan 2013, 20:42
RedhillPhil

I'm sorry, your post is nothing but a racist rant. I am going to get the police and race relations (or whatever they call themselves these days) onto you.

Mods!!!!!! :}

glad rag
17th Jan 2013, 21:17
http://cdn.epicski.com/4/41/41068cb2_bb240ab1_not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

vulcanised
17th Jan 2013, 21:31
Tell you what, Phil, it will be most unusual if they are somehow not described as British.

Tankertrashnav
17th Jan 2013, 23:10
Well at least two days ago The Times was describing seven of them as of Pakistani origin and two as 'North African' (country unspecified).

I think the Muslim vigilante item is "press slow news day story number 116b", the one that comes just before the EC telling fruiterers not to sell curved bananas and just after the one about 'elf and safety authorities banning conkers.

Tosh!

Lantern10
17th Jan 2013, 23:15
Can see myself getting into a whole lot of trouble if I were to walk around there.:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:mad::mad::mad::oh:

sitigeltfel
18th Jan 2013, 04:32
Superpilot provides links which show some newspapers, mainly the Daily Mail, making errors and having to apologise. He then provides a link to the Guardian, which has the words "comment is free" in its title.

Would this be the same Guardian that has been involved in a spat over censorship of its columnists? Perhaps we should be told!

herman the crab
18th Jan 2013, 06:43
Maybe they should try it somewhere like Newcastle and see how those Northern ladies respond! :)

HTC

Krystal n chips
18th Jan 2013, 06:55
This thread bears an uncanny resemblance to the Tesco thread and in more ways than one it seems.

Notably the issue of meat content ( trace ) for Tesco and factual content ( trace) for the Mail...plus, it's evident that many of the usual contributors have been eating even more dubious burgers over the years and with the resultant BSE effects now firmly established.

Apologies, of course, to those poor souls who have suffered this terrible condition...

Non at all to those who haven't..... but give the impression they are.

El Grifo
18th Jan 2013, 07:02
Some pundit on Sky News was quoted as saying " The spread of fundimental islam into North Africa is akin to a cancer.

Well blow me down with a feather trevor :ok:

stuckgear
18th Jan 2013, 07:16
This thread bears an uncanny resemblance to the Tesco thread and in more ways than one it seems.

ahh but is it misrepresentation of what's in the pack ?

angels
18th Jan 2013, 07:48
Yawn, Whitechapel is just over the river from me.

The video (assuming it's the same one I've seen elsewhere) is just a few 16 year old chavs putting the shits up lone/vulnerable pedestrians at 3 or 4 in the morning. If they tried it when the streets were populated as normal they wouldn't last two minutes.

They did it as a laugh and will reap the whirlwind.

Evanelpus
18th Jan 2013, 08:10
Here's something radical.

If they don't like living in England under English law and customs, round the :mad:'s up and send them back to the country of their origin where they can be subjected to real sharia law.

Rant over...........for the time being!

Sciolistes
18th Jan 2013, 08:38
Superpilot provides links which show some newspapers, mainly the Daily Mail, making errors and having to apologise.
An error is an unintentional action leading to an undesirable outcome. Those articles were intentionally crafted to produce the desired wailing. Opposite ends of the spectrum of ethics methinks!

ORAC
18th Jan 2013, 08:56
Those articles were intentionally crafted to produce the desired wailing. And the Guardian's CIF site? It's reputation is notorious.

Sprogget
18th Jan 2013, 08:56
I don't see the point in reading a determinedly low brow scandal sheet like the Mail that tells you what you want to hear irrespective of the veracity of it's content for two reasons. One - where is the intellectual challenge in it? and two - you would have to be seriously and wilfully ignorant not to be at some base level, complicit in knowing you're going along with the rubbish it peddles.

Carry0nLuggage
18th Jan 2013, 09:07
As an aside now the paper has cropped up in theis thread, who pays for the free copies of the Daily Fail aboard BA flights? BA or the Fail?

BTW, I wouldn't read that rag over someone else's shoulder let alone actually touch the thing.

stuckgear
18th Jan 2013, 09:52
glad too see certain displays as anticipated.

what about such a highbrow paper like the Grauniad, that devotes 4 pages to the postulation that Red Ed may be the radical prime minister the country has been waiting for ?

Could Ed Miliband be Labour's Margaret Thatcher? | Politics | The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/jan/16/ed-miliband-labour-margaret-thatcher)

Sprogget
18th Jan 2013, 10:48
What about it? Who apart from you is making any comparison?

G&T ice n slice
18th Jan 2013, 20:36
Thybrim multo spumantem sanguine cerno

Tankertrashnav
18th Jan 2013, 21:39
Old Enoch could probably have said that one in Greek as well.

Sciolistes
19th Jan 2013, 00:31
Orac,
And the Guardian's CIF site? It's reputation is notorious.
I have removed the Guardian from my bookmarks and refuse to read it on the principle that it prints absolute crap. Unfortunately so does the BBC and every other mainstream 'news'paper/site.

What to do?

BenThere
19th Jan 2013, 00:48
I have found excellent, in-depth reporting from both The Guardian and The Mail. I reject the labels, read the material, and try to judge whether it is valid or refutable on the merits.

The messenger isn't the problem, it's the receiver.

Sprogget
19th Jan 2013, 06:43
It;s the discretion of the reader that has bestowed on either title their well deserved reputations. The question you might want to ask is why do they crop up repeatedly in heated discussion?

It's not because of the sports coverage.

Seldomfitforpurpose
19th Jan 2013, 07:42
The messenger isn't the problem, it's the receiver.

Very wise words indeed :D

Krystal n chips
19th Jan 2013, 07:58
" I have removed the Guardian from my bookmarks and refuse to read it on the principle that it prints absolute crap. Unfortunately so does the BBC and every other mainstream 'news'paper/site.

What to do?

I would suggest you start reading ( a loose term ) the Sun, watch Fox News and endless repeats of "Jeremy Kyle", "Man vs Food", Strictly come Dancing", "Match of the Day" and "Dog the Bounty Hunter".

I offer this helpful advice to ensure you do not suffer from the intellectual equivalent of a thermal runaway in a NiCad battery given the above suggestions will still allow you to have a level of capacity in reserve as it were.

Or, you could form an online friendship with TZ...this will offer you the same result, only with even more spare capacity.

If you feel the need to keep matters simple, and encapsulate all the suggestions in my first paragraph into one, easy to obtain source, then the Daily Mail will welcome your subscription...:E

doubleu-anker
19th Jan 2013, 13:21
I think these would really be a big hit in London soon.

BBC News - Inside Egypt?s first ?Islamic cafe? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21034378)

El Grifo
19th Jan 2013, 13:36
I wonder if a non-muslim would be allowed access ?

On a recent visit to Egypt, I took my driver to the Mosque for his midday prayer. We were early and he asked If I may be allowed in to have a quick look inside.
The surly custodian asked "Is he Muslim" to which the driver replied "No"

"No" was the only word that was heard next !

So much for "the religion of great tolerance" :suspect::suspect:

Tankertrashnav
19th Jan 2013, 14:54
That is one experience, El Grifo, but I would venture to say, not typical. There is nothing in Islam to prevent non-muslims from entering mosques, I have visited a number over the years. All I would say is have the courtesy to remove your footwear, as is the custom, and don't act like a noisy tourist inside (I'm sure you wouldn't). I wouldnt go when prayers are in progress, but then most of our great Christian churches and cathedrals ask visitors to leave when services are about to start, unless they are joining the congregation.

I reckon whoever was asked in Cairo was just a grouch, or having a bad day - he certainly wasn't acting like a good Muslim.

El Grifo
19th Jan 2013, 14:58
As you rightly say TT, only one guy, only one experience !

The guy was probably just a grouch.

Sadly it did did nothing to help my views on Islam !

doubleu-anker
19th Jan 2013, 15:04
Oh very hospitable indeed.

Guys pull that stunt at any one of the 2 big ones in the KSA and you wouldnt get out alive, if you talked your way in. If you we honest you wouldn't be allowed in.

Some German journalists years ago, sneaked into on of them and they were found out. They were stoned. (Not chemically enhanced)

Tankertrashnav
19th Jan 2013, 15:20
I'm sure you are right about Saudi, doubleu, I have no experience of that country, but I can imagine that a much more "hard-line" attitude would be taken there.

The trouble is that there is a tendency to regard Islam as one religion, whereas, like the Christian and Jewish faiths it has split into factions over the years. Some, like the Sufi, are renowned for their tolerance of other beliefs, whereas others are much less so. You could draw a comparison between the relatively easy going Church of England and the fire and brimstone of the "Wee Frees" in Scotland or some of the loonier sects in the bible belt in the US.

stuckgear
19th Jan 2013, 15:44
On a recent visit to Egypt, I took my driver to the Mosque for his midday prayer. We were early and he asked If I may be allowed in to have a quick look inside.

So much for "the religion of great tolerance" http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/cwm13.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/cwm13.gif

was it the bacon buttie wot did it ?

El Grifo
19th Jan 2013, 16:56
Nope, I think the guy was typical of many Muslims.

As far as he was concerned I was a Crusader, who had no place under the roof of the house of the one true god.

Meet arsholes like him everywhere :ok:

World is full of them (and getting fuller)

1DC
19th Jan 2013, 18:04
About 15 years ago i was in Abu Dhabi and was with a couple of locals who asked if i would mind whilst they went into the mosque because it was time for prayers. I said i didn't mind and was then told that if i wanted to go inside with them it would be ok but i would have to sit at the back. I didn't go in but the offer was made, whether it would be different now i do not know...
I have been in mosques on rare occasions and always got the impression that the people inside were pleased that you had gone in, again not been in recently so it may be different now...

Croozin
19th Jan 2013, 20:41
In my own almost surreal first experience of visiting a mosque, one of the two guides was a young female American convert to Islam, an ex-Catholic, with the broadest Noo Joisy accent you'd ever be likely to encounter in deepest, darkest Newark. Like all converts, she was far more enthusiastic about her faith than most born in to it.

It was a Sunni mosque, and, even knowing the Islamic prohibition of the display of the human image, I was surprised how austere the interior was. No insult intended in this next remark, but compared with the cathedrals of Europe, (and even Methodist meeting halls), it looked like a very temporary, slapped together film set. But I'm first to admit that that's maybe closer to what God/Allah, call him what you will, quite possibly intended such places to be.

Gertrude the Wombat
19th Jan 2013, 22:19

How bizarre.

I have visited mosques in several countries, sometimes by invitation (rather than just poking my nose in). In one case the mosque was normally kept locked, so when I asked if I could look around the key holder was sent for to let me in and give me a tour.

El Grifo
19th Jan 2013, 22:32
How bizarre

Funny that !

It kind of fitted into what I sort of expected really.

I was a white, non-muslim entity, a crusader, a probable non-believer, a kafir by any other name.

Closed shop mentality abound.

Maybe one day I shall encounter something different.
Maybe one day hell will freeze over.

Cheers
El G.

Keef
19th Jan 2013, 22:43
I've never encountered anything other than courtesy or indifference when going into a mosque. It's not something I do often, but I've been into the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa in Jerusalem several times. There was a steady stream of non-Muslims visiting when I was there.

There are some nearer home where I suspect non-Muslims would be less welcome, but I've not tried it.

El Grifo
20th Jan 2013, 10:23
but I've been into the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa in Jerusalem several times

Bad example Keef !

Many of us who have to that particular site, know that it is little more than a glorified museum or a PR excercise.

Try visiting one of your local mosques and get back to us !

Make sure you are kitted out in western garb, better still sport a "dog collar"

El G.

stuckgear
20th Jan 2013, 10:32
better still sport a "dog collar"

http://www.leatherandkink.com/LeatherImages/3313.jpg

:E

El Grifo
20th Jan 2013, 10:57
Probably offer a higher degree of protection :ok:

Woof !!

skydiver69
20th Jan 2013, 12:10
About 15 years ago i was in Abu Dhabi and was with a couple of locals who asked if i would mind whilst they went into the mosque because it was time for prayers. I said i didn't mind and was then told that if i wanted to go inside with them it would be ok but i would have to sit at the back. I didn't go in but the offer was made, whether it would be different now i do not know...
I have been in mosques on rare occasions and always got the impression that the people inside were pleased that you had gone in, again not been in recently so it may be different now...

I've only had problems going into two mosques/mausoleums out of the many I have visited. One was in Amman when an irate 20 something ordered me to leave and the was the Iman Reza mausoleum in Mashad where I was told by a gate keeper that I couldn't go in as I wasn't Muslim. None of my many Iranian friends or other Muslims who I know can understand either man's attitude.

The funny thing about my visit to Mashad was that I had gone there by ovrnight bus from Tehran specifically to see the shrine. I got there at about 8 am...got barred by 9 am...then waited round all day until I was able to take another overnight bus back! Next time I'll fly.

Dan_Brown
20th Jan 2013, 12:44
Bit like f*********y but not as bad.

You wouldn't get through the door at a lodge, even if you wanted too, without being oathed up.

Milo Minderbinder
20th Jan 2013, 13:00
"without being oathed up"
is that a bit like being greased up? or well lubricated?

plankton
21st Jan 2013, 16:24
You have got to see where all this comes from. The same country where Bin Laden ultimately took refuge and was given the treatment he deserved by the US Navy seals. If there is one organization that can be safely indicted of supporting religious fanaticism and extremism, it has to be the spy agency of a particular South Asian country.

Secret BBC - Pakistan Double Cross on Terrorism - Full - YouTube

angels
22nd Jan 2013, 20:20
Old Bill have arrested two people over this.

One is from Acton for crying out loud.

I still this was a wind up, but time will tell. Who ever they are, they are in for a well hard time once their names are published. Just look at the comments on places such as the Millwall and West Ham forums -- and there are the extreme forums....:ouch:

belfrybat
22nd Jan 2013, 21:22
Since they don't seem to accept the norms of the land they're living in, just cart them back to whatever raghead hell-hole they came from.

ORAC
22nd Jan 2013, 21:31
r5O2-3kwndg&bpctr=1358895671

con-pilot
22nd Jan 2013, 21:56
Pretty sad a UK citizen cannot walk the streets of London without be hassled by religious fanatics.

We have a solution for that here, it's 'call 911'.

I've heard rumours such things happening in some neighborhoods of Detroit, but I've not seen video evidence such as this.

By the way, sadly I've not been able to return to London since the middle of 2005, have things like this gotten worse since that time, as I saw nothing like this during my nocturnal wanderings in London back then.

Tankertrashnav
22nd Jan 2013, 22:21
Re f*********y

"without being oathed up" is that a bit like being greased up? or well lubricated?

I could tell you Milo, but then I'd have to kill you ;)

Actually you can come inside when there's no meeting in progress, but they are pretty boring places when nothing is happening.

Now when they let the goat in.... !

stuckgear
23rd Jan 2013, 10:30
ORAC.. that video i just find deeply disturbing.. not just for the claiming of national public soil as being owned, but also the overt and open display of homophobia and the associated aggression.

pr00ne
23rd Jan 2013, 11:58
con-pilot,

A UK citizen CAN walk the streets without being hassled by religious fanatics. The sort of thing that was mentioned in the original post is so rare as to be virtually none existent.

Knowing Waltham Forest quite well I can assure you that if anyone is seriously thinking about making this a habit then they are going to get walloped pretty quickly. London may well be one of the safest places anywhere to wander around at night but if you try this sort of thing then you are going to get belted, and belted pretty hard!

As for you not seeing anything like this when you were in London in 2005, I can assure you that if you went looking for it now you would be very hard pushed to find anything of the sort.

There is however more to this than meets the eye. It suits the scare tactics of certain anti Muslim and anti immigrant elements to circulate scare stories of this sort.

ORAC
23rd Jan 2013, 12:19
There is however more to this than meets the eye. It suits the scare tactics of certain anti Muslim and anti immigrant elements to circulate scare stories of this sort. Then again, there are those who can only see things through a PC prism....

Harry's Place: More on the East London Mosque and Homophobia (http://hurryupharry.org/2013/01/22/more-on-the-east-london-mosque-and-homophobia/)

pr00ne
23rd Jan 2013, 12:54
ORAC,

...and I could post numerous quotes of a similar nature from the Westboro Baptist Church and other right wing nut jobs in the US.

Most religious types have a problem with same sex sex. Religious fanatics of any kind have a HUGE problem with it.

It's not a problem restricted to Mosques.

I think that the BNP and the EDL have a similar point of view.

Your point?

ORAC
23rd Jan 2013, 13:01
And you are making what accusation concerning Harry's Place (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry's_Place) to equate them with the Westboro Baptist Church (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church)? :hmm:

pr00ne
23rd Jan 2013, 13:03
Merely pointing out that it is not merely a problem with Mosques or Muslims per se, as a lot of the mainstream media makes out. It is a problem with most religions and most fanatics.

fitliker
23rd Jan 2013, 14:06
Gangs in London ?
For those who like reading about that sort of thing i would recommend:
Three Centuries of Vice and Crime
London's Underworld by Fergus Linnane
ISBN 978-186105-742-6

vee-tail-1
23rd Jan 2013, 16:21
Well Muslims are beginning to feel the heat in 'their' land, and are getting quite annoyed about it :rolleyes:

Dear Reader,

As salaamu alaikum,

As you know the rise of Islamophobia in the UK is most concerning, we now hear of Islamophobic attacks and incidents every other day sadly. One of the
key obstacles in confronting this issue effectively has been the lack of uniform recording of these attacks. Only the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) in London record 'Islamophobia' as a specific hate crime flag, allowing the Met Police to record and then allocate relevant resources to tackle the issue. However, across the UK, all other police forces do not record this crime in the same manner , and therefore it is not possible to ascertain a true picture of how many Islamophobic incidents take place and
whether the right resources are being allocated to deal with it.

The recording of Islamophobia under a separate crime flag was one of the key pledges we sought from Police and Crime Commissioners in our PCC manifesto (
see here <http://www.getoutandvote.info/engage-manifesto-pcc-elections/> ).

We are happy to announce that the Chair of the Home Affairs select committee, Keith Vaz MP, has tabled an Early Day Motion (EDM) urging all
constabularies in England and Wales to record these hate crimes under one crime flag - Islamophobia.

The Early day motion 945 can viewed here : <http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2012-13/945>

What you can do

1. Please contact your MP and simply ask them to sign the early day motion proposed by Keith Vaz MP on recording Islamophobia as a separate category of
crime across all UK police forces (feel free to cut and paste this text into the email). It is vital we support this EDM so that we can put pressure on the Police forces to make this change in their crime recording systems and in turn allow for a true picture to emerge which in turn will allow policy
makers to recognise the problem and allocate relevant resources.

You can contact your MP here: <http://www.writetothem.com/>

2. Please forward this Action Alert to others and encourage them to do the same.

As ever, we stress to our community that there is no point in complaining about the Police not taking Islamophobia seriously if we as a community can't do our bit at golden opportunities like this. We will be tracking the number of MPs signing the EDM and reporting to yourselves in due course Insha'Allah.

Azad Ali
Head of Community Development & Engagement

ENGAGE
Tel: 020 7330 879
[email protected]
iEngage - Media Awareness | Civic Engagement | Political Participation (http://www.iengage.org.uk)

maliyahsdad2
24th Jan 2013, 15:27
Three held in Muslim gang probe | UK | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/372964/Three-held-in-Muslim-gang-probe)

heli-cal
24th Jan 2013, 22:30
There are censorship zealots here too... :ok:

lomapaseo
25th Jan 2013, 00:21

http://fromtheflightdeck.com/MEL/PPRune/Survey.jpg

ORAC
6th Feb 2013, 16:31
Torygraph: Muslim patrols could become more prevalent and more violent, warns anti-extremist (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9836109/Muslim-patrols-could-become-more-prevalent-and-more-violent-warns-anti-extremist.html)

Muslim patrols stalking British streets could become “a lot more dangerous” and perhaps even willing to maim or kill, the head of an anti-extremism organisation has warned.

As British jihadists venture abroad to capitalise on the aftermath of the Arab Spring and then return to the UK, they are likely to bring a greater level of violence back home, Maajid Nawaz, the chairman of the Quilliam Foundation, suggested.

His comments follow incidents in which groups of Muslim vigilantes, dubbing themselves 'Muslim Patrols' have approached Londoners and demanded they behave in an Islamic way by not drinking. They have also told women to put more clothes on, claiming they are entering 'Muslim areas'.

Their actions could be “a sign of things to come” and are part of a pattern of extremism spreading across Europe in different forms, be it far right fascism or Islamism, Mr Nawaz said. Writing in The Times, he said: “While this street-level problem festers across Europe, al-Qaeda and its affiliates are busy capitalising on the chaos of the post-Arab Spring world. Syria, Libya, Mali and Somalia are being ravaged by jihadist outfits, and all of them are attracting European-born Islamists seeking the thrill of real combat… Scores of young European-born Arabs and Somalis are following in the footsteps of British Pakistanis in travelling to lawless conflict zones. What happens when these men, schooled in the use of political violence in far-flung places, return to Britain?”

Five people, including two teenagers, were arrested in London this month after a group calling itself the Muslim Patrol posted footage on YouTube showing a gang hurling abuse at a homosexual man and described white women as "naked animals with no self–respect". But their alleged offences could be just the tip of the iceberg, according to Mr Nawaz. “The Muslim patrols could become a lot more dangerous and, perhaps willing to maim or kill if they are joined by battle-hardened jihadis,” he wrote.

He compared the Islamist vigilantes to extremists like the far-right Golden Dawn supporters in Greece and right-wing vigilantes in France who ran Roma families out of a Marseilles estate and burnt down their camp. Countries such as Denmark and Spain have also seen Islamist extremists trying to enforce their own sharia law, he noted. All were imitating Hitler’s Brownshirts by “enforcing with threats and violence their version of the law in neighbourhoods,” said Mr Nawaz, who spent years in his youth as a leadership member of a global Islamist group.

Mr Nawaz is now a leading critic of his former Islamist ideological dogma, while remaining a Muslim.

El Grifo
6th Feb 2013, 17:09
Well this could be the long predicted "start of it"

I have a funny feeling that it will not be tolerated for very long.

By the authorities maybe, but but the general populace, not !

Let's see where it leads .

sitigeltfel
6th Feb 2013, 17:53
I suspect that the authorities will only show an interest if the general populace reacts to this.

El Grifo
6th Feb 2013, 18:44
France in particular has fallen foul big-style of the Islamic tide.

Any serious backlash ?

con-pilot
6th Feb 2013, 19:39
No matter how one looks at this, it does not foretell better things happening.

You guys got any drones? :p

vulcanised
6th Feb 2013, 19:40
We've got politicians that drone on, and on.............

con-pilot
6th Feb 2013, 19:45
We've got politicians that drone on, and on.............

Shoot, we gots lots of them as well. :p

reynoldsno1
6th Feb 2013, 23:33
I can see the Millwall "Treatment" and West Ham "Inter City Firm" being resurrected sometime soon .... or did they ever go away?