PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I book Malaysia MH53 ex Japan in April?

glekichi
17th Jan 2013, 13:04
Been trying to book a flight out of Japan in April, but Malaysia Airline's website keeps saying that no flights match the search.
If I search return flights from Australia on the same date, it shows the flight I'm after as one of the sectors, yet trying to book the single sector is proving impossible, even though agents, even +/- 7 days.

Can anyone suggest why?

It's just inside 3 months away.... Not like I'm trying to book a year out or a week out.

The Dominican
17th Jan 2013, 14:12
Try with the code share flight number, just a guess!

flightleader
18th Jan 2013, 09:03
MH53 Osaka-KL is daily service. I tried entering FROM and TO fields all seems normal.

English | Malaysia Airlines (http://www.malaysiaairlines.com.my/my/en.html)

Sultan Ismail
19th Jan 2013, 13:25
Use the Malaysian website in the above post.

Typical return fare in April is JPY 67,000.00

Perhaps you have used the incoming carriers codeshare? You do state you're connecting from Oz.

glekichi
20th Jan 2013, 09:59
Thanks to those that looked into it.
The issue was something to do with the booking system. It seems the schedule had not been plugged into it properly.
I called Malaysia Airlines directly on the phone and even they couldnt give me a price!
They logged the fault and had it rectified later that day.
Interestingly, while the fault was still there a flight COULD be booked through the mobile website, but fares were showing at about 300,000 yen (over US$3000) one way for economy!

Virtual Reality
20th Jan 2013, 15:47
I made a dummy booking on both MAS website and zuji.com, one way KIX-KUL on 01 Apr 2013, MAS website quoted JPY 49,330 ~ USD 550 and Zuji quoted HKD 4451 ~ USD 570.

I did not see any problem there .......

VR :cool: