PDA

View Full Version : EU-OPS2

SylvainCap10
14th Jan 2013, 08:05
Good morning,

Does anyone have information about future EU-OPS 2 (General Av)availability? I assume the Business Aviation currently operates under JAR-OPS2 (for private flights). Am I wrong?

Cheers,

Sylvain

His dudeness
14th Jan 2013, 08:47
You are indeed wrong. EU-OPS 2 never really surfaced.

Instead, EASA-OPS will carry all the "necessary" regulations for both worlds.

Germany and - I think - most others have opted out until 4.2014.

Means it will come in force then.

As a private operator in Germany we operate under the old German air law until then.

tommoutrie
14th Jan 2013, 15:50
I'd really like to get hold of a copy of the original ops2 proposal. Does anyone have one - did it ever get leaked?

Doug Neidermeyer
17th Jan 2013, 09:40
Why? It's not in use...

tommoutrie
17th Jan 2013, 23:15
because it would be interesting to see to what extent the authorities understood the differences between GA type charter and airline operation when that proposal was on the table. From what I can work out, OPS2 was similar to the IS-BAO rules but I don't really know because I've never seen it. Its always seemed a bit strange the JAR-OPS was supposed to consist of four parts but only 1 and 3 made it to fruition and the bits of aviation that were supposed to fit into 2 and 4 got bundled in with 1 and 3.

nothing wrong with a bit of extra reading eh..

His dudeness
18th Jan 2013, 12:26
what extent the authorities understood the differences between GA type charter and airline operation when that proposal was on the table.

Sorry if I´m splitting hairs, but I always thought that GA type charter(AOC) and airline ops (AOC) are JAR/EU OPS 1 and the framework for NONCOMMERCIAL airplanes ops would be 2 (the equivalent to Part 91 in the states) (plus 3 & 4 for the Choppers)

This will be the NCC (non commercial complex airplane) regs in the EASA OPS...

tommoutrie
20th Jan 2013, 14:48
I don't know exactly what they were going to cover in OPS2 - thats why I wanted to have a look at it. I vaguely remember a conversation with a flight ops inspector who mentioned that OPS2 would cover some public transport flying in aircraft under 10 tonnes as well as private operations but as it all dribbled down the plughole of european taxpayers misery I suppose I'll never know. Has any of it worked its way into EASA?

I know naff all about it.. help me prune, help me learn..