PDA

View Full Version : If you could revive another person in history...

airship
12th Jan 2013, 13:05
Inspired by this other JB thread (http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/505044-if-you-could-have-been-another-person-history.html).

I immediately thought of Hannibal (and others). But after some reflection, prefer to think of the old man as I remember it in a novel about Pompei and the eruption of Vesuvius in AD79 written by I don't remember whom. This old man was scrambling away from Pompei carrying a cat in his arms, whilst the hero of the novel (may have been an engineer employed by the Romans and the aqueaducts / water-supply network), headed back into the inferno to save his lady-love. Did Hollywood ever make the movie?! :}

ExXB
12th Jan 2013, 13:08
Helen of Troy, Cleopatra, ...

Ozzy
12th Jan 2013, 13:10
Adolf Hitler so I could hang the barsteward.

Ozzy

airship
12th Jan 2013, 13:25
Several painters spring to mind: Rembrandt, Gaugain, Jacometti etc.

Awakening slowly and groggily from their long slumbers, airship would immediately provide them with the canvasses, paints etc. "If you want breakfast gentlemen, you will have to paint another masterpiece." That accomplished, airship would announce just before lunch-time "Thank you for all your efforts gentlemen. However, lunch will not be served. You're worth far more dead than alive"... :E

airship (in cooperation with Sotheby etc.) is pleased to announce the impending sale of a newly-discovered series of paintings by great artists under their "revivalist" periods... :ok:

What else would be any point of reviving dead artists worth more "dead than alive"...?! :confused:

So perhaps forget the lond dead artists...

OFSO
12th Jan 2013, 13:54
I immediately thought of Hannibal

Nobody knows for sure what his route was across the Pyranees, however climb up to the east of the busy N-II/D-900 road between Spain and France, just north of the border crossing, and you'll find a narrow mountain road. To one side of this is a preserved cobblestone and rock path across the mountains and a notice (a recent notice !) that this is the path Hannibal took.

So you can stand there and think, just maybe, this is the path the great man used.

ShyTorque
12th Jan 2013, 14:06
My paternal grandfather, Ernie, who I apparently very closely resemble, was killed in an accident before I was born. According to my late uncle, he and I would have got on extremely well.

Before anyone asks, no he wasn't the fastest milkman in the west ;) .

Just realised - I feel old - he died a good few years younger than I am now... :(

Cyber Bob
12th Jan 2013, 14:08
Elvis Presley

and this time, I would have kept him away from fried Peanut Butter sandwiches!

vulcanised
12th Jan 2013, 14:23
No-one wanting to bring back Jimmy Savile for a little chat then?

Tableview
12th Jan 2013, 14:28
Ian Douglas Smith, so that he could see the carnage and genocide wrought upon his country by Robbing Mugape and his cabal of savages, precisely as he predicted. Or perhaps it would be better that he rest in peace without knowing.

lomapaseo
12th Jan 2013, 14:51
No-one wanting to bring back Jimmy Savile for a little chat then?

I can't be any hotter here than where he is now.

603DX
12th Jan 2013, 14:56
Lt. Col. George Armstrong Custer. With all the hindsight provided by the legions of historians whose books about the Battle of Little Bighorn point out where he went wrong, it should be possible to tell him how to win, instead of being annihilated at his "Last Stand" ... :rolleyes:

dl1RltqVK4I

tony draper
12th Jan 2013, 15:09
I think Custer's trouble was nobody could tell him anything.:uhoh:

Rather be Gardening
12th Jan 2013, 15:42
Anne Boleyn, to tell her not to be so snippy with her old man in case he got snippy with her.

Slasher
12th Jan 2013, 15:59
Ginger Grant! http://serve.mysmiley.net/tongue/tongue0017.gif

F3Hm808E-Po

G-CPTN
12th Jan 2013, 16:41
Who is the other girl?

AlpineSkier
12th Jan 2013, 16:49
So you can stand there and think, just maybe, this is the path the great man used............but it would be really interesting to know how he got over the Alps :}

Dushan
12th Jan 2013, 16:53
http://www.ufodigest.com/news/1107/images/reagan.jpg

Kiltrash
12th Jan 2013, 20:22
HRH Princess Diana then we would not have Camila as Queen, potentially.

Seriously any postumous VC award, anyone that brave does not deserve to go before their time.

A local 9yr old boy 24th Dec killed on a pedestrian crossing, hit and run, driver traced and charged Drink Driving, and failing to stop, experts recon the max he could get is 36 month in prison.

ShyTorque
12th Jan 2013, 20:38
Does "revive" include those that are still with us? If so, I'd willingly give sixty or seventy years back to this lady...... ;)

82VYlyr_Xpk

G-CPTN
12th Jan 2013, 20:50
I think that Doris Day was the first woman that I 'fancied' - I was far too young to be aware of emotions like love - she was just a spiffing-looking person (I can't remember which film it was).

Nervous SLF
12th Jan 2013, 20:55
The other young lady with "Ginger" is I think Mary Ann Summers played by Dawn Wells. These ladies look rather different several years on.:{

ShyTorque
12th Jan 2013, 21:00
I wouldn't often use the word "spiffing". But a spiffing looker she certainly was.

G-CPTN
12th Jan 2013, 21:25
Dawn Wells (http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/dawn-wells-net-worth/) it is.

Thank-you - she bears a resemblance to one of my first girlfriends . . .

seanbean
12th Jan 2013, 21:29
Mike S. Most of you won't know him but he still owes me a fiver.

SASless
12th Jan 2013, 22:26
Teddy Roosevelt....would love to watch him debate Obama on Americanism.

Ascend Charlie
12th Jan 2013, 23:42
Christopher Columbus - just so he could see the mess he made when he brought VD back to Europe and left guns in America.:eek:

11Fan
12th Jan 2013, 23:54
G-CPTN,

Just for you.

PeopleQuiz - Trivia Quiz - Gilligan's Island Characters: Ginger or Mary Ann? (http://www.peoplequiz.com/trivia-quizzes-3112-Gilligans_Island_Characters_Ginger_or_Mary_Ann.html)

FullOppositeRudder
13th Jan 2013, 00:03
My dear and long deceased aunty who after her nasty stroke tried so earnestly and so many times to tell us something which was obviously of extreme importance, but we couldn't understand her.

Consequently a sad frustration all round, and a lingering and never to be revealed curiosity as to what it might have been ............ :sad:

Lonewolf_50
13th Jan 2013, 02:04
Sharon Tate

galaxy flyer
13th Jan 2013, 02:55
James Madison so he could tell us how we're doing.

GF

Temp Spike
13th Jan 2013, 03:06
Christina Taylor Green. Shot by a gun-nut.

Buster Hyman
13th Jan 2013, 03:21
My Grandad.

Firstly, to thank him for his efforts in WW1, and secondly, to ask him why he was such an arsehole to my Grandma & Dad. :suspect:

probes
13th Jan 2013, 06:14
John F Kennedy.
To see what would have happened if he could have been there longer.

radeng
13th Jan 2013, 06:32
George Jackson Churchward and Sir Nigel Gresley. So they could see how their railways have been mucked up.