PDA

View Full Version : Trident and DC9 Simulators

twistedenginestarter
17th Apr 2002, 11:00
There seems to be a new outfit offering goes on the Trident Simulator and also a ex-BMid DC9. You can see the details at classicflight (http://www.classicflight.co.uk/) .

Prices are £170 per hour for the Trident with no instructor; £197 with one. The DC9 is £255 without; £300 with. Which all goes to show flying a DC9 pays more than a Trident.

What worries me most is the Trident used to be £50 an hour. Does anyone know if you can still go directly to Andy Mattock and avoid this venal mark-up?

Chocks Wahay
17th Apr 2002, 11:22
Andy was certainly still taking bookings a few weeks back - I tried to get a bunch of people together, but with house & job moves it didn't pan out, but I may do it later in the year. The last time I flew it the cost was 50/hour, but that was a couple of years back, so I imagine it's gone up a bit since then.

easondown
17th Apr 2002, 12:55
Flat Spin

I believe his contact number is 01883 652109

gyrohead
17th Apr 2002, 14:05
:) Hey! What about this great idea what I just thinked! How about a PPrune day out on a sim somewhere (UK of course) A sort of Pprune/Sim Bash??:D

easondown
17th Apr 2002, 14:48
Can we bring our own booze ?

gyrohead
17th Apr 2002, 16:53
:) Actually, the more I think about it the more fun the whole idea seems. I would be up for a preliminary meet in a local somewhere to run the idea over with few ppruners. I'm in the Gatwick area if anyone wants to meet up. Virtual Aviation have some good rates on 747's! Anyone?

Final 3 Greens
17th Apr 2002, 17:13
Twistedenginestarter

Booked direct with Andy last month and it was still £50 - the tel no quoted before is good.

I'd be up for a sim session - I can work the T3b reasonably well, but all bets are off for a 74, but I'd love a go!

:) F3G

BRL
17th Apr 2002, 20:13
Got a sim-flight in the Trident lined up for the Private Flying Forum peeps. Should post final details this weekend. Keep an eye on the Private Flying Forum for more details.:)

Monty Carlo
18th Apr 2002, 09:22
This website may be of interest, www.ascent-uk.co.uk

Good Luck

Eff Oh
18th Apr 2002, 12:35
Hey guys!
Just wondering, where exactly is Andy Mattock's sim?? I know it is near London, but where? Also how far in advance does it need to be booked???
Cheers.
Eff Oh. :cool:

BRL
18th Apr 2002, 13:31
Hi. I had a good chat with Andy this morning and he gave me all the details about the sim. Its £70 per hour. Its usually booked in block hours 8 or 10 for a group or just an hour if you want to go it alone. I am about to post details on the Private Flying forum if you want to join us. Its based just south of Biggin hill. Here is the web-site......
http://www.tridentsim.com

twistedenginestarter
23rd Apr 2002, 08:08
The DC9 is 'near High Wycombe'. Anybody know anything more accurate than that? Can we contact the owners direct?