PDA

View Full Version : Lesson: be nice about car theives..

stuckgear
11th Jan 2013, 08:44
Car theft victim hits out after SHE receives police warning for abusing thieves on Facebook - Daily Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/car-theft-victim-hits-out-1525135)

Car theft victim hits out after SHE receives warning from police for abusing thieves on Facebook

9 Jan 2013 00:01 (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/by-date/09-01-2013)

LESLEY ROSS was incensed when she discovered her top-of-the-range Audi had been stolen from her home and torched but her fury intensified when police warned her the comments about the thieves on the social networking site were “offensive”.

AN OUTRAGED woman whose car was stolen got a ticking off from police after she blasted the thieves on Facebook.
Lesley Ross ended up on the wrong side of the law after police said her furious comments about the thieves on the site were “offensive”.
Officers took screengrabs of posts on the site while the car was still being driven at high speed through Aberdeen by the thieves.
To add insult to injury, she later learned via Facebook – not the police – that the top-of-the-range car had been burned out.

Like many victims of crime, Lesley reacted angrily to the theft.
She blasted the thieves with a string of expletives and added: “Hope they wrap the car round a lamppost and maim themselves.”

and the police wonder why the public has little confidence in them!

Lightning Mate
11th Jan 2013, 08:48
Agreed...!!!

radeng
11th Jan 2013, 08:58
I think a formal complaint to the police is justified. If the response is then unsatisfactory, complaint to IPCC at least gives the plod some well deserved hassle.

david1300
11th Jan 2013, 10:20
Rucking Fidiculous response by the police:ugh:

Takan Inchovit
11th Jan 2013, 10:28
I guess if they police stopped reading peoples Facebook pages and returned to catching the real crims the world would be safer and happier! (like)

green granite
11th Jan 2013, 10:53
I guess if they police stopped reading peoples Facebook pages and returned to catching the real crims the world would be safer and happier!

Don't be silly Mr Inchovit, to do that they'd have to go out into the cold .

Lightning Mate
11th Jan 2013, 11:22
Put their lives possibly at risk also.

Can't have that can we!

ATNotts
11th Jan 2013, 12:03
I guess if they police stopped reading peoples Facebook pages and returned to catching the real crims the world would be safer and happier! (like)

They were probably prompted to look at the page following a complaint from one of the thieves!!

500N
11th Jan 2013, 12:08
"He added: “During the course of the investigation, suitable advice and guidance was offered by officers to one of the owners of the vehicle about the content of some social media posts they had made following the incident.”"

You have to wonder about what goes on with the Police with
BS like this.

radeng
11th Jan 2013, 12:10
A formal complaint about the particular plod should upset them!

goudie
11th Jan 2013, 12:11
We don't have policemen anymore, just a bunch of jobsworths. I hope they find this remark offensive too

Evanelpus
11th Jan 2013, 12:20
Todays policing is more akin to fiscal management, being a human rights lawyer and office secretary. I'm sure your average copper would much rather be out catching real criminals than piddling around with paperwork.

Almost smacks of being a teacher in the 21st century, no wonder my best friends said goodbye to that honourable profession!

Tableview
11th Jan 2013, 12:32
Don't we already know that scum, sorry, criminals, have more rights than their victims?

390cruise
11th Jan 2013, 12:46
My advice to anyone thinking of complaining about the officers involved is don't bother.
The IPCC will take one or two months to tell you to tell you they will not investigate you should take it up with the Police Force involved.
The Force will direct you to their web sight to file the complaint, there will be a promise of a report within two or three months.
The dead line will come and go, nothing will happen, any attempt to chase their failure to respond within their own deadline will cause them to
Defend their own position.
Should you follow my example and speak to a senior officer all you will get is total lack of interest in your complaint coupled with blind total support of the officer.

Tankertrashnav
11th Jan 2013, 15:04
you should take it up with the Police Force involved.

Force, cruise, Force ? What century are you living in? We don't have police forces any more, we have police services, who of course are there to serve the public.

Yeah, right!

stuckgear
11th Jan 2013, 15:07
should that service the public... in the biblical sense of course.

ShyTorque
11th Jan 2013, 15:44

Well said.

It's obviously easier to take petty action over a jumped up Facebook "crime" than to solve really serious ones that plague the public, while they are wasting their own police time, shining the seat of their trousers.

Why are they checking Facebook in any case? And what happened to free speech?

UniFoxOs
11th Jan 2013, 15:56
And what happened to free speech?

Ended years ago.

Lance Murdoch
11th Jan 2013, 16:29
Perversely I think that it is good news that the police in Aberdeen have enough time on their hands to warn people about 'offensive' Facebook posts. It must mean that Aberdeen is a very safe place to live with no serious crime (apart from car theft obviously) no muggings, assaults, burglary and no terrorists to round up. How else can you explain this complete and utter waste of police time.

Standard Noise
11th Jan 2013, 17:20
I suspect I'd be cuffed for what I'd say to the rozzers when they arrive at my door to tell me threatening to shoot car thieves is 'antisocial'!

Tableview
11th Jan 2013, 17:40
How things have changed. Many years ago, just by chance, I caught a young lad who'd broken into my car early one morning and caused damage over and above what was necessay to steal the radio. I twisted his arm up behind his back and warned him I'd break it if he tried to move, and shouted for someone to call the police, who arrived within minutes. By that time the lad had tried to get away and unfortunately in the scuffle he fell to the ground, and somehow got a nasty bruise.

The police bundled him into to their car and the cop's words were something like : "I wouldn't advise that you use any force in this type of situation in future Sir," then lowered his voice : "unless you make sure we don't know about it.........."

Nervous SLF
11th Jan 2013, 19:49
http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p505/Nervousslf/cid_image001_jpg01CDEE3F.jpg

stuckgear
11th Jan 2013, 20:20
fantastic nervous..

unfortunately here in the UK the lefties would shrieking from the rooftops about how the poor tyke had been hard done by, by capitalist thugs and he only stole and stabbed someone because he wasn't potty trained properly as a child.