PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 2013

Alloa Akbar
10th Jan 2013, 12:18
So, no ugly stepped noses on the cars, No Double DRS but no real rule changes, but certainly some more radical tyres.

Word on the grapevine is that the cars aren't a lot different to last year, so that leaves the drivers, Lewis sunk without a trace, SV squabbling with Webber, Alonso continuing his "Bro'mance" with Lewis, Kimi being rude and JB for the title anyone??

All joking aside, my own hard earned is going on Jenson, the McLaren will be fast enough and reliable enough, no doubts.

Pilotinmydreams
10th Jan 2013, 12:27
This year I think will be a bit of a funny one. No major rule changes and teams probably committing much more resource than normal to next years car when the regulations will change significantly.

Red Bull have already said that they have compromised time on this years car in order to maximise last years chance, which obviously worked. Knowing Adrian Newey though they will no doubt put out another great car and will be the ones to catch.

I do think Jenson is in with a great shout this year as the car can be more built around him as clear team leader over Sergio Perez. Personally, although I rate Perez highly, i'm not expecting amazing things from him this year, certainly not in the races anyway although he may well out qualify Button on more than one occasion.

For me, the other one to watch is Alonso. Given last season's performance in a car which really wasn't up to the job, if Ferrari manage to give him the right machine he'll fly. I see Domenicalli commented that the seaon will be decided at the first race - not sure if he was misquoted but I can't see that somehow.

Personally, i'm more looking forward to the 2014 season which will be more of a leveller. The 2013 season has a hell of a lot to live up to as last year was possibly the most exciting season i've watched in all my 28 odd years as an F1 fan.

Andy_S
10th Jan 2013, 15:30
Personally, although I rate Perez highly, i'm not expecting amazing things from him this year

Iím afraid I beg to differ.

Perez had a couple of decent results, generally where he kept going when others fell by the wayside, but nothing Iíve seen of him suggests to me that heís anything special. Apparently Ferrari checked him out in almost forensic detail before deciding that he wasnít suitable. If heís not good enough for Ferrari, why would he be good enough for McLaren?

Iím surprised McLaren didnít investigate the likes of Paul Di Resta, Nico Hulkenberg or even Nico Rosberg (who surely canít be too happy about being #2 to Hammy) unless Perez came with a juicy dowry.

Evanelpus
10th Jan 2013, 15:48
Iím surprised McLaren didnít investigate the likes of Paul Di Resta, Nico Hulkenberg or even Nico Rosberg (who surely canít be too happy about being #2 to Hammy) unless Perez came with a juicy dowry.

I'm pretty sure Perez comes with loads of sponsorship money.

I wouldn't back against Jenson this year and I wish McLaren would have taken Hulkenburg instead of perez as Jenson's No 2.

I also reckon it'll be a three horse race for most of the season with, hopefully, a fourth dark horse mixing it up a bit. The three main protagonists will be JB, Alonso and Vettel.

Lewis, you silly boy. Despite all your protestations, you went for the money, plain and simple. By the time Europe comes round you'll wish you had stayed at McLaren!!

Alloa Akbar
10th Jan 2013, 15:58
Evan - After the crap reliability shown by the woking wagon last year, I would have gone for the money too mate :ok:

Pilotinmydreams
10th Jan 2013, 16:04
Although i can't see on the face of it a good reason (other than the money) for Hamilton moving to Mercedes, I suspect that Schumacher's 3 years will have help the team hugely with getting a structure that is capable of delivering a good car and maybe Hamilton has also realised this. Ross Brawn is a wise old head and I actually think Hamilton will do well there with Nico, with whom he raced in Karts. For my money, I think this year will be more of a 'get the team around me' kind of year for Hamilton and then next year will be the full assault on the Championship.

The thing is, there are now quite a few teams all with similar performance and I think this is brilliant for F1. Granted Red Bull has had the measure of the rest but you really can't discount Mclaren, Ferrari, Mercedes and even Lotus and Sauber - hell, even Williams could stir things up a bit which would be amazing to see. I'm just glad that we're lucky enough to be witness to some really good years in F1 after the fairly boring days of total dominance by one team.

Evanelpus
10th Jan 2013, 16:07
Evan - After the crap reliability shown by the woking wagon last year, I would have gone for the money too mate

Still not going to make him a two time world champ though, is it?:D

Andy_S
10th Jan 2013, 16:19
Notwithstanding the crap reliability, McLaren still won several races last year. If it hadn't been for some of Hamilton's incidents, they could have won a couple more. You suspect that they'll be closer to a WDC next year than Mercedes.

In fairness to Hamilton, I think he's looking further ahead than next season and sees Mercedes being a force in 2014. Plus, I think he just got a case of the 7 year itch.

Pilotinmydreams
10th Jan 2013, 16:26
Completely agree with you Andy regards 2014 and Mercedes. I'm looking forward to it already and we've not even started 2013 season yet! Not so sure about how the cars will sound though next year - remains to be seen I guess

Alloa Akbar
10th Jan 2013, 16:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Kum8OUTuk

This will be Lewis's new catchphrase. :ok:

TZ350
10th Jan 2013, 19:22
Telling it like it is, the warm, supportive " Dr " Marko...............

pitpass - Webber is number two insists Marko (http://pitpass.com/48189-Webber-is-number-two-insists-Marko)

pitpass - Marko talks... (http://pitpass.com/48200-Marko-talks)

No " Ron speak " there. :hmm:

G-CPTN
10th Jan 2013, 23:27
Interesting reads (all pages, not just the front page). :ok:

Alloa Akbar
11th Jan 2013, 08:33
Marko is a Doctor of Law apparently..

That aside, Webber is pretty outspoken himself, so I would expect him to accept Marko's comments in the same vein as he dishes them out. Whilst it won't do much for team harmony at RBR, it make provoke some spectator entertainment, given Webbers temperament.

G-CPTN
11th Jan 2013, 08:37
Not bad for a No2 driver (http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/red-faces-at-red-bull-as-no-2-driver-webber-puts-vettel-in-his-place-2024421.html).

PLovett
11th Jan 2013, 12:55
it make provoke some spectator entertainment, given Webbers temperament

Which is remarkably equitable given the circumstances. The dummy-spits are very rare in comparison with others on the grid.

TZ350
11th Jan 2013, 22:35
Webber is a refreshing change to the usual PR /dweeb speak corporate a$$ kissers that have become the norm.

A bit like Alan Jones .....:ok::ok: ( And Raikkonen also. )