PDA

View Full Version : Ignore List

davidjohnson6
9th Jan 2013, 12:55
I know how to put someone on my ignore list, but is there a way on proon for someone to find out how many people are ignoring them, or possibly even find out *who* is ignoring them ?

I'd like to know this for 2 reasons
- To determine how annoying I've been to other people in the past
- To point out via private message to someone who's being very annoying that a fair number of people are now ignoring them and thus their time spent posting verbal garbage is partly being wasted

mixture
9th Jan 2013, 14:04
Seriously ?

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Tableview
9th Jan 2013, 14:13
Oscar Wilde : (paraphrased)

“If there is anything more annoying in the world than having people talk about you, it is having people ignoring you.”

I couldn't care less who ignores me. Mind you, I'd better not catch them!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTTo96TOzDWBRAFer_QfYSabQXrD2r3pNn_ZYts2b MZ0rWMb2z

probes
10th Jan 2013, 06:06
their time spent posting verbal garbage is partly being wasted
no, it's not. The person is happy or relieved, so it's time well spent. :E
Well, to be more serious - I've found not reading is always a healthier option? As - whatever you think, there's always someone who thinks just the opposite?

Saab Dastard
10th Jan 2013, 13:23
is there a way on proon for someone to find out how many people are ignoring them, or possibly even find out *who* is ignoring them ?
No and no. For pretty obvious reasons.

point out via private message to someone who's being very annoying that a fair number of people are now ignoring them and thus their time spent posting verbal garbage is partly being wasted

Just ignore them, with the warm knowledge that they are wasting their time (as far as you are concerned).

SD

tony draper
10th Jan 2013, 14:03
Did some work on a Hospital cable radio system once the DJ or whatever they are called in such systems was a bit of a prick,so they back wired the output that normally fed onto the bedhead earphones from the studio back to his monitor so he spent the whole night entertaining himself.
:rolleyes:

vulcanised
10th Jan 2013, 14:20
If someone on your igmore list starts a thread, does the thread show on your threads list?

There's only ever been one chap on my list and I don't think he's ever started a thread.

mike-wsm
12th Jan 2013, 14:44
If someone on your igmore list starts a thread, does the thread show on your threads list?

Alas it still does show. And, worse, their threads and all their posts show in full when you are not yet logged in, as for example may happen when you are having a passing look from the local internet cafe. So all the usual stupids and aggressives are right there in front of you.