PDA

View Full Version : Not the best thing to find while walking on the beach

SOPS
9th Jan 2013, 10:55
Caucasian man's head washes up in a bag on Rottnest Island beach | adelaidenow (http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/national/suspected-body-in-bag-washes-up-in-wa/story-fndo1nvd-1226548861987)

OFSO
9th Jan 2013, 12:11
Anybody working in a 'costa' resort will tell you how many dead Germans wash up on the beaches each week. I once queried "why Germans ?" with a guy running a wind-surfing school, and he said it is only the Germans who leap out of their cars all hot and sweaty and full of Bier und Wurst and throw themselves into the nice cold sea and get their hearts stopped by the shock.

English, in contrast, rush to lie on the beach and turn bright red and get skin cancer. French of course, won't go anywhere near water. And locals don't come out until the sun goes down.

sisemen
9th Jan 2013, 13:58
Just because somebody's bait from their cray pot washes up everyone is getting into a lather about it.

Solid Rust Twotter
9th Jan 2013, 14:39
Quite so, Mr Sisemen. Take off the legal size crays and chuck it back to get some more.

Cue joke about bloke who lost his girlfriend while surfing.

lomapaseo
9th Jan 2013, 15:23
Anybody working in a 'costa' resort will tell you how many dead Germans wash up on the beaches each week. I once queried "why Germans ?" with a guy running a wind-surfing school, and he said it is only the Germans who leap out of their cars all hot and sweaty and full of Bier und Wurst and throw themselves into the nice cold sea and get their hearts stopped by the shock.

How on earth does one manage to lose their head over this :confused:

Kulverstukas
9th Jan 2013, 15:26
Anybody working in a 'costa' resort will tell you how many dead Germans wash up on the beaches each week.

How do they know? Do this heads still speaking?

stuckgear
9th Jan 2013, 17:30

suppose it's one up from leaving the towels on the beach !

cockney steve
9th Jan 2013, 18:12
the big , square jawbone, blond,cropped hair and grey eyes are a bit of a giveaway.:}

alisoncc
9th Jan 2013, 19:32
Reminds me of the oldie "How many Deutschmarks for a German haircut?". "Four - one for each corner". :D

Not a bad thread to have a re-run of the German Commandant jokes from a bygone age.

German Commandant to POW's "Today we will play squash - Heinz will drive the steam roller".

German Commandant to POW's "I have good news for you. Half of you are going to Berlin and half to Hamburg". Tommy Atkins "Which half are going where?". German Commandant "The top half are going to Berlin".

Worrals in the wilds
9th Jan 2013, 19:38
The mysterious head that washed up on Rottnest Island this week belonged to a Caucasian man with a full beard and moustache that fell below his chin, police have revealed.
An examination of the head by a forensic dentist has also found the man was missing seven of his front upper teeth and did not wear dentures or a plate.
"He had been missing those teeth for several years," Detective Senior Sergeant Cameron Western of WA's Major Crime Squad said.
Let's see now; any fellow Aussies also drawing a picture that includes a motorcycle and a sawn off shottie? :hmm: Of course I could be grievously mistaken, it's wrong to succumb to stereotypes. Maybe some hippie had a shrink wrapping accident on his beach front hobby farm and then fell in the water.

Given that the head was found wrapped in a plastic bag, police had ruled out the involvement of a shark or "sea creature". I do hope that's journalistic idiocy and not an actual statement from the coppers. If not; be afraid CSI, be very afraid. :}
Washed up head had beard, moustache (http://www.smh.com.au/wa-news/washed-up-head-had-beard-moustache-20130109-2cgb7.html)

racedo
9th Jan 2013, 21:03
Bet I know what shampoo he used..................................

Head and Shoulders

racedo
9th Jan 2013, 21:04
Worst thing to find on beach is Statue of Liberty half buried in sand.....

mustpost
9th Jan 2013, 21:10
"You blew it up! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!"

ExSp33db1rd
9th Jan 2013, 21:52
suppose it's one up from leaving the towels on the beach !

British pilot called for start up from Malaga to Gatwick, given a 2 hour ATC delay.

German pilot called for start up to Frankfurt - granted immediately.

British pilot asked why they had a 2 hours delay, whilst the German crew, asking later, were granted immediate start up ?

German pilot said - because ve got up at 6 o'clock and put our towels on ze runway !!

G-CPTN
9th Jan 2013, 22:08
They should have some idea of the age of the head, and also maybe how long it has been separated from its body.

A DNA profile could also predict the region of origin of the deceased.

I must say that I agree that moustache and beard might point to Hells Angels . . .

broadreach
9th Jan 2013, 23:22
Dad and I (well, Dad did and I, at five, was with him)I found an unexploded bomb lodged in the rocks at Glenbrittle, Skye, sixty three years ago. Since then I've seen a few supposedly shrunken heads, having lived in the upper Amazon for a while.

sisemen
9th Jan 2013, 23:48
Given the wonderful qualities of our Western Australian police force it really doesn't surprise me that they have yet to identify the bait, er sorry, deceased.

Got a trip planned for Rotto in a couple of weeks. I'll have a fossick and see if I can find any other bits. :}

SOPS
10th Jan 2013, 08:43
I'm with you Worrals, soon as I read this story, "motorbikes" came to mind.

parabellum
10th Jan 2013, 09:16
Yes, possibly a bikie, or a destitute druggie of no fixed abode, who didn't pay his bills.

SOPS
19th Jan 2013, 08:15
Apparently, our headless friend, was a major drug dealer in a large West Aust crime syndicate.

Man charged with murder over severed head find - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-18/man-charged-with-murder-over-severed-head-find/4470268?section=wa)

racedo
19th Jan 2013, 14:07
They should have some idea of the age of the head, and also maybe how long it has been separated from its body.

A DNA profile could also predict the region of origin of the deceased.

I must say that I agree that moustache and beard might point to Hells Angels . . .

Apparently they worked out he was a carpenter..............

There was a pencil behind his ear....

racedo
19th Jan 2013, 14:09
Apparently, our headless friend, was a major drug dealer in a large West Aust crime syndicate.

This years Darwin award winner then......................

Lon More
19th Jan 2013, 14:30
Apparently they worked out he was a carpenter..............

.... and his first name was Jesus.

Sir George Cayley
19th Jan 2013, 15:54
Users are losers. Snuff said.

SGC

sisemen
20th Jan 2013, 15:05
Turns out that this 'hard man' was actually a shirt lifter and his live in gay lover has just had his collar felt by the fuzz. (the cousins will have to work out that last phrase :E)

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/stephen-ramon-cookson-bisexual-living-with-accused-police/story-e6frg6n6-1226557455347)

radeng
20th Jan 2013, 16:18
It does not appear from his record that he is a great loss to society.

Worrals in the wilds
20th Jan 2013, 17:33
Bisexual, drug trafficking 'raconteur' (sp :\) with no teeth's severed head washes up on a beach and is found by a kid. :eek:
That's gotta be the next series of Underbelly squared away then. :hmm: Russell Crowe to play The Head??:}