PDA

View Full Version : Rental Car in Mainz

1200firm
8th Jan 2013, 19:55
Does anyone have experience renting a car in Mainz(Sixt,etc)? Is there a promo code for CX staff?

NoseGear
8th Jan 2013, 23:10
G'day, yes, rented from SixT and they were good, no hassles, good car in an Audi A4 saloon car that could easily get up to autobahn speeds....:E
It's been a few years but there wasn't a promo code but take your ID and I think we got a 25% discount? Might have been more but from memory it was 60Euros for a whole day and we did several hundred Kms.

Enjoy....and whatever you do....don't go to the Nuringburgring....:E:E:E:ok:

christn
9th Jan 2013, 03:10
carhire3000.com. Always gives best rates in my experience!

nitpicker330
9th Jan 2013, 03:27
Try the Lufthansa car pool. CX staff can rent cars from them for as long as they like x FRA and Berlin.

LH staff drive in during the early morning and drop the car, then you simply select which one you want, tell them where in Europe you will be going ( so they can insure you etc ) and off you go.

There office opens about 0700 in the carpark. A very small window to their office beside a security exit one way door. ( which we cannot enter without local ID cards ) is the only way non- LH staff can speak to the staff and do the paperwork. Just wait and someone will come to the window.

DON'T FORGET YOUR CX ID.

Not sure of their phone number to check but I'm sure someone in CX FRA would know.

Edit:- there appears to be a number on the top of the rental rates form for Frankfurt. I used them about 4 years ago and seem to recall ringing them beforehand to check. They said yes we allow CX staff to take the cars no problems.

Here is the link .

Lufthansa Carpool (http://users.tpg.com.au/musan/lhcarpool/index.html)

joebanana
9th Jan 2013, 15:00
I can second the LH car pool. Very easy and excellent value.

See here (http://users.tpg.com.au/musan/lhcarpool/index.html) for directions and more information.

Virtual Reality
9th Jan 2013, 15:01
For me, 'carhire3000.com', anytime, available almost everywhere and so far the cheapest that I've ever experienced.

VR :cool:

nitpicker330
9th Jan 2013, 23:28
Hey Jo......did ya bother looking at the hyper link I'd already posted?? It's the same as the one you posted.......nothing new......:D

1200firm
10th Jan 2013, 02:41
Thanks chaps. Much obliged for all the info.

joebanana
10th Jan 2013, 11:47
Ooops, sorry nitpicker, suitably chastised :O

AQIS Boigu
11th Jan 2013, 14:45
Unfortunately LH car pool has been closed down for good eff. Jan 1st - it must have been the cheapest car rental place in Europe...