PDA

View Full Version : Inspector Knacker stuffs up (again)

Victor Inox
8th Jan 2013, 12:53
What a wonderful life terrorist suspects can enjoy under the watchful eye of London's finest: Terror suspect called taxi to escape 24-hour surveillance, MPs told | UK news | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jan/08/terror-suspect-cab-escape-surveillance)

Fox3WheresMyBanana
8th Jan 2013, 13:08
Basil, you're using common sense again. Stop it right now!

OFSO
8th Jan 2013, 14:55
A lady of my acquaintance, of Asian origin but parents legally resident in the UK, and holding British passports, and the daughter being born here also has a British passport - she runs a successful clinical business here, and in every respect is British (and proud of it)......... was returning from Abu Dhabi two weeks ago.

While there she was attacked by an animal so had rabies shots and on arriving at Heathrow was in a poor state of health.

Border Authority staff whipped her away, temporarily confiscated her British passport, and subjected her to a five-hour interview: why aren't you wearing Islamic dress ? Why are you travelling alone ? Why are you carrying two mobile phones ? Why have you come to the United Kingdom (sic) ?...and so on.

After a long journey, feeling ill and tired, she answered as best as she could: was finally made to sign some papers - she doesn't know what they were and was refused a copy - and allowed to go.

But she did have time to notice that female passengers coming off the same flight wearing Islamic clothing all passed without challenge.

You can guess how I have advised her to dress next time she transits Heathrow !

green granite
8th Jan 2013, 15:37
Tell her to go to a lawyer and complain that they tortured her into signing a document under duress.

Evanelpus
8th Jan 2013, 15:42
You can guess how I have advised her to dress next time she transits Heathrow !

Positive profiling at it's very best!

Victor Inox
8th Jan 2013, 18:20
But she did have time to notice that female passengers coming off the same flight wearing Islamic clothing all passed without challenge.

I always marvel at how veiled women are allowed to move around airports (and pass through immigration!) without being challenged - let alone board planes.

OFSO
8th Jan 2013, 18:24
Tell her to go to a lawyer and complain that they tortured her into signing a document under duress.

And a flag would be placed in her file and every time she transitted a Border Authority controlled area she'd be whisked away for interrogation. As a retired official told me today, once upon a time they had power, judgement and training. Now they just have power.