PDA

View Full Version : RAAF Assessment Session Questions?

pilot275
8th Jan 2013, 10:19
Hey everyone, As you can see I'm new to the forums, and I am searching for some info/answers - I came across the forums when doing some research into the specific duties of Pilot in the RAAF.

I have an assessment session/job interview in one week time. I know the planes, bases, and training involved for an Officer Pilot, however I cant seem to find much detail or information of the main functions/duties of a Pilot in the RAAF.

Obviously flying and training is a significant part of the job, however what are the major roles/secondary duties of being an Officer Pilot, and the potential operating environments?

I've also come across the term "combat role" and in one of the documents I have been given, I am supposed to understand 'How is the combat role related to this?' It may seem like a dodgy question to be asking this close, but I think there is a specific answer?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and any other tips, suggestions, or resources would be great!

*I'm not too worried about OSB at the moment, just information to impress my interviewer!!