PDA

View Full Version : Server Is Too Busy - Please Try Later!!

Shadowpurser
16th Apr 2002, 21:43
Any chance of you upgrading your server?

Got this message over 20 times today.:(

FL310
17th Apr 2002, 00:25
Posts like your one do certainly help to keep the server at a low operational rate - not!
If you would read a little bit before posting you would have seen that PPRuNe got several upgrades, including server upgrade and all is not as smooth as it was thought.
Beside these facts, there is obviously not the required manpower available at the moment as the brains are also busy somewhere else to keep mortgages and family running.
I assume that most of the community is actually aware of the fact that hammering at doors and throwing in complaints day and night do not reduce the amount of work still waiting for completion. Also, this is still a board run by volunteers, it certainly has gained a very professional character over the years and the continous efforts to improve negative aspects, upgrading to cater for the enormous growing demands do show that the headquarter is more than aware about the strains at our end.

It must be a very frustrating time being tied with personal job demands knowing that thousands out here are waiting for some fixes to access a most popular and hard to copy information and exchange centre.

PPRuNe Radar
17th Apr 2002, 00:35
More news here ..... last post on this page

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48675&perpage=15&highlight=databaseand software&pagenumber=7

First post on this one.........

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48675&perpage=15&highlight=databaseand software&pagenumber=8

All should be OK by May.

Shadowpurser
17th Apr 2002, 03:14
Thanks Radar. Sorry if I have compounded the problem or if the tone of my post came across wrong, it certainly wasn't meant in a grumpy or frustrated way.

FL310 - Easy tiger....who got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning? Sorry if I'm so ignorant as not to read every post on this board and inadvertantly miss something relevant in the process - however it may suprise you to learn that I am also one of these people who has a life off of this board. The great thing about this board is the ability to post more or less what you want - where you want (and have it moved to the relevant place lol!). If you look closely you'll find quite a few topics duplicated all over the place. Also if others newer to the site have the same problem as I do and go to this forum they can look that this post and have their questions answered quickly instead of trawling through numerous other treads.

Lastly I think that my post takes up very little band width and if the problem was really THAT bad then you'd find the JET BLAST forum being omitted for a short time. Whilst being very popular and very funny I'm sure it takes up substantial band width but with largely unimportant subject matter that everyone would give up for a short while if the problem was THAT bad.

Maybe you'd be kind enough to take a step back before repremanding me, and take more time to think about what your posting? I too appreciate the time put in by all who make this site work - I have offered my services and free time to a similar C/C site and so fully understand what is involved.

Cheers......time for bed!!!

(Edited: for tiredness)

newswatcher
17th Apr 2002, 11:34
PPRuNe Radar,

I don't know whether it is relevant, but during the last week I have had to delete several duplicate posts, created when at the time of the post I got the "server busy, please try later message" When I did "try later" I could then see that the original had actually been posted, despite the apparent failure message!

Evo7
17th Apr 2002, 13:12
newswatcher

I had a similar experience when ordering a new PC off a well-known hardware manufacturer. Clicked "Order", waited, waited, waited - eventually got a connection timed out message from Internet Explorer. Clicked Back then Order and this time all seemed well. Couple of hours later I got a phone call asking me if I really wanted to order two.... :rolleyes:

FL310
17th Apr 2002, 13:24
Shadowpurser, at absolutely no moment I was intending to repremand you...and be assured I knew what I was posting at that time.

If you would have taken some time, as I mentioned it, you would have seen what is going on and, as a side effect, you would also see all the hammering going on, even in REPORTING POINTS (post is still there at this moment, where one of our professional colleagues is talking about thebloody PPRuNe mail and so on..

You may not believe it...also I also a human being with a life away from the computer...

Off to some more off-roading...:D :D