PDA

View Full Version : Thick as a brick

Victor Inox
7th Jan 2013, 17:51
How sick can you possibly be to kill your son for not remembering Quran verses? Mother jailed for life for beating son to death for not learning Qur'an | UK news | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jan/07/mother-jailed-life-son-quran)

Imagine Michael Portillo for doing the same to his offspring for not remembering enough pages of Bradshaw's.

Tableview
7th Jan 2013, 17:57
.... but Michael Portillo is a civilised and educated human being, which clearly the other is not. Also, he does not, as far as I know, have any children, as he apparently 'bats for the other team' despite being married.

He is one of a very small number of politicans whom I respect. And we share a birthday.

brickhistory
7th Jan 2013, 18:10
Sorry, thought it was going to be about me...

500N
7th Jan 2013, 18:12
mmmm. Glad my mother didn't act like this was as I failed
Religious studies twice so she would have had two chances !

TURIN
7th Jan 2013, 18:16
Thick as a Brick

Rwy in Sight
7th Jan 2013, 19:21
It is worrying how far some people because of their religion. As 500N fortunately my parents are much more civilized despite their love for religion.

Rwy in Sight

Ozzy
7th Jan 2013, 20:53
Look up people. This is the religion of peace. Leave them alone. If they want to kill their own people...so be it.

Ozzy

good spark
7th Jan 2013, 21:15
wise words there mr ozzy i like what you said.

gs

Tankertrashnav
7th Jan 2013, 21:31
This woman is clearly deranged. Certainly she needs locking up, I'd be surprised if she wasn't moved to Broadmoor before long.

Absolutely nothing to do with Islam - unfortunately people like this can be found amongst adherents to all religions, and none.

Ozzy and good spark - "these people" in this case was a seven year old child - shame on you both!

DX Wombat
7th Jan 2013, 21:31
Ozzy & GS, just how sick can you two get? This was a little child who was killed, a little boy who was seven years old. Words fail me. RIP Yaseen.

vulcanised
7th Jan 2013, 21:34
Maybe she will sue the Council?

BBC News - Khyra Ishaq family to sue Birmingham City Council (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-20935424)

Just a spotter
7th Jan 2013, 21:39
Well, first, figure out just how "think as a brick" does one need to be to believe any of the religion fables? Then work backwards from there.

A religious nut is a religious nut regardless of the flavour of their chosen religion.

JAS

Ozzy
7th Jan 2013, 22:02
Absolutely nothing to do with Islam

Err, excuse me, she killed the kid because he could not recite certain passages in the Koran. So it has EVERYTHING to do with Islam. I don't want to impinge on a person's religion...which is what I said - let them get on with it. I think you may want to take up your issues with a certain religion and not me.

Ozzy

Capot
7th Jan 2013, 23:40
I think you may want to take up your issues with a certain religion

Right...so tell me, what do you think Christianity ought to do about Anders Brievik's slaughter of all those kids? He is a Christian, after all, so Christianity must be to blame.

Dushan
7th Jan 2013, 23:50
TURIN, you are encroaching on Caco's territory.

Private Partz
7th Jan 2013, 23:53
It's tragic that a mother could have such a mindset to kill their own child, simply because of his inability to remember the Koran, and made more tragic because a 7 year old would barely be able to read, have limited learning skills, and would not understand it anyway.

On the other hand, taking his family's genes out of the gene pool might be viewed by some as a welcome move.

EEngr
7th Jan 2013, 23:55
Absolutely nothing to do with Islam - unfortunately people like this can be found amongst adherents to all religions, and none.The problem is that wrapping this kind of crazy in religion forces most governments to keep their hands off. Until its too late.

The Son of Sam thought his neighbor's dog was commanding him to kill. Clearly crazy. But if you replace the dog with an old guy with a white beard living in the sky, we can't touch that anymore. Granted, its a very small percentage of believers that are actually nuts. But I am (sadly) surprised by the numbers of supposedly sane co-believers who will defend such individuals in their midst until the damage is done.

Many faiths will interpret outsiders seeking out psychotics in their midst as an attack against the faith. And for better or worse come to their defense. The only people who can 'clean house' are the insiders. And often, they'll risk being branded as heretics if they start outing the nut cases.

Avitor
8th Jan 2013, 00:01
The case in point is about not being able to recite enough of the Koran, it's a safe bet it is about Islam. :cool:

Old Photo.Fanatic
8th Jan 2013, 00:16
I remember the moment when in the early 1950s, at a RC Grammar school run by so called "Christian Brothers" I had religion beaten OUT of me by the very nasty evil leather strap they used. The very opposite of their intentions.
You can only take so much.
I was a very nervous child due to home problems /discipline and school "Disciplines" dished out in the name of "Religion" applied with a vengance.
I was made to recite a mantra outloud in class, I stumbled over the words and received a beating for it, with the threat that the same would happen the next day if i was not word perfect.
Subsequently this went on for Nine (9) consequetive days at school, as I was living in dread of a beating, it made me all the more nervous, so nine beatings on the trot.
To this day I am still very embittered that such treatment was allowed and the effects it had on me. It is my recollection that at the time, this type of RC school was outside of the local Education act/rules, they answered only to the civil law as applied then.
They made sure and took advantage of this, proving to be nothing more or less than evil sadistic perverts in the name of "Religion"
May they all rot in their own twisted "Hell" we were always threatened with.

OPF

CityofFlight
8th Jan 2013, 00:41
It's not about the ONE person who does the act against the child. It's the social/religious doctrines, set up to support these behaviors, that are appalling. There are clerics that are radical enough to condone this atrocity.

Post 9-11, there were videos posted, where Islamic fanatics were endorsing the slaughtering of many innocent people and those suicidal martyrs were seen telling their own small children that they were doing the noble thing for the sake of Allah, young child on lap, hearing his father's last words.

If a certain portion of Islamic society doesn't find this woman's actions deplorable, how can you condemn Ozzy's comments?

On the other hand, if within her township, they condemn her actions, well, praise Allah!

Tableview
8th Jan 2013, 01:00
Islam gets a lot of bad publicity because of incidents like this. Judaism and Catholicism are no better. Look at the hatred and bloodshed that those 'religions' have caused.

I went, briefly, to a Catholic school where some of the punishments meted out for trivial offences were brutal. I was beaten by the headmaster for refusing to eat some of the particularly disgusting food served at lunchtime, I was beaten by my housemaster for failing to catch a hard and heavy small red ball that was travelling towards me at considerable speed and from a great height. I was pushed into a swimming pool and called a 'spastic' by a sadistic PE teacher, leaving me with a fear to this day of jumping or diving into water even though I can swim.

Meanwhile, in morning assembly, we had to sit through 'prayers' led by these smug brutes who later in the day would be bullying and abusing us.

Ozzy
8th Jan 2013, 01:10
Tableview you are still alive. I rest my case.

Ozzy

Krystal n chips
8th Jan 2013, 03:28
" Thick as a brick

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imagine Michael Portillo for doing the same to his offspring for not remembering enough pages of Bradshaw's. "

Congratulations on providing the perfect thread title in respect of the analogy above plus the associated posts from those who confirm the sentiment in it's entireity with regard to the death of a child.

hellsbrink
8th Jan 2013, 03:38
Yeah, it's all about Islam and has nothing to do with the so-called mother being a certifiable loon.

As is seen in these similar reports, which are clearly the fault of Christianity in all it's forms

Roderick Arrington, Las Vegas Boy, Allegedly Beaten To Death After Lying About Bible, Homework (VIDEO) (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/05/roderick-arrington-las-vegas-beaten-death-bible-homework-video_n_2245381.html)

Barbaric torture of 83 children branded witches: Boy beaten exposes crime fuelled by medieval beliefs | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2108961/Barbaric-torture-83-children-branded-witches-Boy-beaten-exposes-crime-fuelled-medieval-beliefs.html)

Father kills infant son over 'fake bible passage' | The Voice Online (http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/father-kills-infant-son-over-fake-bible-passage)

Man points to Bible over killing 5-month-old son | www.wsbtv.com (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/man-points-bible-over-killing-5-month-old-son/nSZbd/)

How many more do people want, or do these kids somehow "not matter" because they don't have loons in charge of them who only believe in a certain religion?

haughtney1
8th Jan 2013, 03:58
Beat the "devil" out of her with a stick or whatever etc....
Religion, used to think it was all bollocks....still do

sitigeltfel
8th Jan 2013, 05:28
Absolutely nothing to do with Islam

Lets see?

He wasn't killed for leaving his room untidy.
He wasn't killed for not doing chores.
He wasn't killed for backchat.
He wasn't killed for leaving the toilet seat up.
He wasn't killed for not eating his greens.

So, for what specific reason was he killed then?

Ancient Mariner
8th Jan 2013, 05:43
The poor kid was killed for no, and any reason.
Per

darkroomsource
8th Jan 2013, 07:28
I am amazed that this thread went from asking how stupid someone has to be to kill a small child for not memorizing kuranic verses to being a general religion bashing thread, in particular some very vitriolic Christian bashing.

haughtney1
8th Jan 2013, 07:45
I am amazed that this thread went from asking how stupid someone has to be to kill a small child for not memorizing kuranic verses to being a general religion bashing thread, in particular some very vitriolic Christian bashing.

Please don't confuse my comments as being tough on Christianity, I'm an equal opportunity basher when it comes to religion...I think they are all bollocks..and worse, constantly used as an excuse to do bad things to other non believers.

TWT
8th Jan 2013, 08:13
1 week after I arrived at a De La Salle brothers school I was thrashed with a leather strap ( '6 of the best') for having an overdue library book (1 day late).Welcome,sonny !

I have yet to meet anyone who was a student at such a school who has attended a church service of their own free will after they left.Wonder why ?

Fliegenmong
8th Jan 2013, 10:04
"I am amazed that this thread went from asking how stupid someone has to be to kill a small child for not memorizing kuranic verses to being a general religion bashing thread, in particular some very vitriolic Christian bashing."

I'm not!......(Amazed)

Tankertrashnav
8th Jan 2013, 12:06
Neither am I, Fliegenmong - I'd have bet good money on this thread first of all degenerating into Islam bashing, quickly followed by Catholic bashing, and then a general "all religions are evil" thread.

Personally I went to Jesuit prep school for thee years and was never once abused either sexually or in any other way. That fact does not exonerate the evil carried out by some priests, any more than this woman's terrible actions can be laid at the door of Islam.

Arguing from the specific to the general is always a dangerous tactic, but unfortunately it appeals to bigots of all creeds and colours.

Keef where are you? We need some considered common sense on here.

Octopussy2
8th Jan 2013, 12:16
If you take the trouble to read the newspaper reports, it's plain that this poor child suffered long-standing abuse at the hands of his sick/evil (choose according to your preference) mother, which had nothing to do with Islam; the trigger for the final beating could have been anything.

To read of the death of a child and say "Let them get on with it"... :yuk:

SASless
8th Jan 2013, 15:23
f a certain portion of Islamic society doesn't find this woman's actions deplorable, how can you condemn Ozzy's comments?

CoF....I see this quite differently than you.

Until the entire Islamic Population find this Woman's actions deplorable....we should not condemn Ozzy's comments or anyone else that points out that sad lack of humanity towards other human beings of any race, sex, religion, citizenship we see within the Islamic peoples.

That does not excuse any other religion either.....but we do see more than a mere handful of such occurrences amongst the great religion of Love and Peace don't we?

rgbrock1
8th Jan 2013, 15:28
Tableview:

I went to Catholic school for many years. (11 to be precise.)
As you, I am well versed in wuppin's. I was often bore the brunt of a frustrated nun's, or brother's, wrath. Whether it be a beating, a slapping or a kicking: it was all the same to me.

However, getting a wuppin' is bit different than having your head cut off, isn't it? Or being whipped or stoned to death.