PDA

View Full Version : A what if Question

Gulfstreamaviator
7th Jan 2013, 07:50
What would be the effect on the massive recruitment drive and employment needs of the key ME Players. The big 4 airlines, or is it big 3 plus 1.

IF (for example) the American airline industry, started to hire again.

The hires in the ME are always claiming thet the moment the US economy reaches a certain level, ie a critical mass, they will go home.

This is true of Americans, Europeans and perhaps most other nationals.

Is there a what if model sitting on the senior managent desks to cover this eventuality.????

glf

nitro rig driver
7th Jan 2013, 08:28
They did have a model.

Massive pay rises for those who are already here.
Better accomadation and bigger DEWA allowances.
Less flying hours with more vacation time.
Increase in schooling allowances..
1st class pillows in cockpit with nice food.

the model was made in ice though....

MosEisley
7th Jan 2013, 11:28
We will find out soon enough. The US majors are already starting to hire again and will be at full recruitment speed later this year. The US market for pilots will probably dry up and I know several guys who are planning to pack it up and go home just as soon as United or Delta calls, which they will. That being said, things are bad enough in the European market that they still have plenty of pilots in the pipeline to fill those empty seats.

fatbus
7th Jan 2013, 12:39
Every US pilot I talk are not interested in going back to the bottom of the list, not saying none will go. Don't flatter yourself by thinking A) there will be a mass exit of US pilots and B) the ME airlines don't care if you leave. All you have to do is have a chat with anyone from Pilot Recruiting .

falconeasydriver
7th Jan 2013, 12:49
What if? well..they will miss out on some interesting developments in our appearance, and destinations, mayby MIA? or ORD perhaps?
..:E

fatbus
7th Jan 2013, 14:50
@25 US pilots hired in the last 600 including DEC's and of that @10 in the last 250 including DEC's. My guess is the hiring of US pilots has changed . Like I said have a chat with a pilot recruiter , there is no shortage of 320/73NG applicants

MosEisley
7th Jan 2013, 15:02
Fatbus, I'm not sure how I was flattering myself by saying several guys I know would leave. Personally, I'm not going anywhere. I also said that there were plenty of qualified guys out there implying that EK wouldn't care how many left. I happen to know some recruiters very well and do that those things for a fact.

Gulfstreamaviator
8th Jan 2013, 07:22
My experience is that the quality of life has a large bias in this job market.
Taxation is an added factor, dependant upon your nationality.

I was thinking as much about the knock on effect, when the American market does pick up, (as mentioned 12 months of so), to reach a level when the expats, who have seniority from thier furlowed position, will be welcomed back.
Thus the wider base of experienced crews in ME will be diluted.

Any more input is appreciated.

Glf

A new uniform always helps retain staff.