PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe Pilot Email problems!

nosefirsteverytime
16th Apr 2002, 19:56
Sorry to put this on RPs, but I am getting mightily ticked off! :mad: :mad:

because of some advertisement not being there, I can't get to my email 9 times out of 10! As PPRuNe mail is now my main personal mail, and as I have a very limited time to retreive it due to not being the bill-payer, I'd be verrrry grateful if it be fixed, post haste!

twistedenginestarter
16th Apr 2002, 23:34
I can't see anything wrong with mail. I suggest it's something at your end.

FL310
16th Apr 2002, 23:58
Before you start blaming others, have a look at your own machine. How do you access the mail, which operating system, which browser, which spy blocker, which anti virus software, which firewall...

The mail system here at PPRuNe appears to work properly....

pilotwolf
17th Apr 2002, 08:54
Had similar problems at the weekend... when I finally managed to read my mail I couldn't send any replies - gave up in the end and reverted to using AOL.

Not sure it was anything to do with the ads though - can't you pay a small amount to have them removed?

BRL
17th Apr 2002, 20:33
Being a moderator, i get several e-mails a day to my pprune e-mail address and have had no trouble at all except for one problem a few months ago that affected everyones mail (server problem) for a day or two. Must be something your end as i access mine quite a few times a day without any trouble.

cloudskimmer
21st Apr 2002, 01:25
i access mine twice a day ...and never a problem

GoneWest
21st Apr 2002, 02:48
Never had any problem with getting mail - though just this week I did receive an e-mail into my pprune mailbox that was dated OCTOBER 19 2001.

BRL
22nd Apr 2002, 12:18
WoW.!!!GoneWest Did it say something like..." Reply to this e-mail by 20th October 2001 to claim your prize of £1,000,000. "... :eek: :)