PDA

View Full Version : Illegal charters by Aeolus?

No RYR for me
7th Jan 2013, 00:51
Fly Aeolus | Rent a private jet or private plane (http://www.flyaeolus.com)

These guys claim that they can do charters on the SR22 but I cannot see that they have an AOC or anything.... At the same time is VFR flying in Europe as a commercial business a risky business. Anybody in the know:

Under what rules do they operate?
Under what authority do they operate?
They ask you to do a 1K down payment with a guaranteed payback when you leave but that does not make it a legal fractional ownership in my book. As far as I know you need to run a commercial risk to make it an ownership. Under what rules can they do that?
How can they operate a VFR business in Western Europe?

WTON
7th Jan 2013, 05:48
Hello,

I think this company has a plane available only for renting without pilots.

uberwang
7th Jan 2013, 09:39
I just ran a quote. While I see the benefits of a small prop (not private jet as they keep saying on the ad ) being able to service more airfields, the prices were insanely high. A CJ would do the trips in similar prices.

Have often wondered if there is a market for a business like this. Can't seeing it working for 795.95 euros an hour, even if split 3 ways, and am not sure the SR22 can handle three grown men on a hot day for longer flights into short airfields..! Thoughts?

Pace
7th Jan 2013, 16:25
Wow what a rip off!!! Oh well fools and their money???

Pace

Sillert,V.I.
8th Jan 2013, 13:19
Copied from their website:

"... fares are preceded by a one time refundable fee of 995,99 EUR in order to secure your ownership part in Fly Aeolus’ fleet. This fee will be refunded, when you choose not to use Fly Aeolus services anymore."

I'm wondering what the implications of this would be if the worst happened? Imagine trying to sort out liabilities in the aftermath of an event like the Cork incident.

Gulfstreamaviator
8th Jan 2013, 13:52
If each passenger is a shareholder in the club, by paying the up front membership, this will then be a legal operation.

Club Air and several other exercises were based on this premis.

glf

No RYR for me
8th Jan 2013, 13:53
The 995 fee they charge has more implications in my view. A fractional ownership from a tax perspective is only one if you buy into a definable share of a good and you run an economical risk on this good. In other words: you buy a share in aircraft X and based on what the market value of that aircraft is you get your share back. In this case it is a very obvious way to provide grey market charters.... So which authority looks after them... :=

Dg800
8th Jan 2013, 14:27
These guys claim that they can do charters on the SR22 but I cannot see that they have an AOC or anything....AFAIK you don't need an AOC just to rent an airframe. The fractional ownership part does sound a bit fishy though... :=

EDIT TO ADD: it does sound like they provide the pilot too, a PPL holder at that. Definitely illegal.

Dg800
8th Jan 2013, 14:33
If each passenger is a shareholder in the club, by paying the up front membership, this will then be a legal operation.

Only if the pilot they provide pays his equal share of the costs too. I know P2F is all the rage nowadays, but I somehow doubt this is really the case.

CelticRambler
8th Jan 2013, 15:30
Spot the difference: Bienvenue à Bord ! Vols d'affaires, Locations d'avions d'affaires - Air PME Vols D'affaires (http://www.air-pme.com/)

SR22 based in Orléans. Annual subscription + aircraft rental, supply your own pilot or choose one from the panel at extra cost. No AOC needed (according to info previously displayed on the site but can't see it today) because you're renting a piece of equipment for your business, not paying for a flight.

No RYR for me
13th Jan 2013, 20:07
Interesting will have a look into them too!