PDA

View Full Version : Capt. John Wolferstan 'Pancho' Villa

tarrant
6th Jan 2013, 19:42
Looking for any information about this Captain. He flew for Eagle Aviation in 1951. Apart from his service information we only know that he died in 1983. Info needed for the Eagle Group Archives. Many thanks for any help that you might be able to give.

OUAQUKGF Ops
7th Jan 2013, 07:52
Battle of Britain Fighter Pilot. Believe he co-founded Ace Freighters 1962-66 but I might be wrong. Father of Peter Villa who was at one time Boss of British Island Airways?

Saint-Ex
7th Jan 2013, 09:05
He certainly flew for Ace Freighters and I flew many trips with him. A really great and much respected character.

SKYBYWAYS
7th Jan 2013, 16:01
Hi, As an ex-employee of SKYWAYS OF LONDON I was reasonably well acquainted with Panchio who flew for us for many years on Yorks, Hermes and Connies. Great Guy. I have recently completed my book 'SKYWAYS BYWAYS' in which he is mentioned but not necessarily in the detail you would be looking for. Assuming that you are ex-Eagle I imagine you will have discovered the 'BERLIN AIRLIFT' stamp issued with Panchio driving
'RED EAGLE' in formation with a York. My contact is [email protected] should you have any questions that you feel I may be able to answer. Regard SKYBYWAYS.

tarrant
7th Jan 2013, 20:07
Good evening Gentlemen,
Thank you all for your input into my research of Pancho Villa. We are beginning to put together a picture of Pancho and all information is really appreciated.
regards
tarrant (archivist for Eagle Group of Companies)