PDA

View Full Version : WPC Indian RTR ( A ) Exam Schedule for 2013

cyrilroy21
6th Jan 2013, 03:41
For all those giving the RTR exams for the year 2013 here is the link containing all the important details including last dates for online filing

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/Docfiles/RTR-Schedule-2013.pdf

As always a couple of important details .

1. DD should be taken from SBI bank only

2. Apply for the next attempt before the results of the current attempt is published . Otherwise you might unnecessarily miss the next attempt .

3. Dont waste time till the last day to apply online or for printing the admit card . Quite often the website has been reported to be not working the day before the exam or before the last date to apply

Good Luck :ok:

cyrilroy21
10th Jan 2013, 15:43
I have uploaded the document to scribd should the above link not work at certain times

WPC RTR EXAM SCHEDULE 2013 (http://www.scribd.com/doc/119791560/WPC-RTR-EXAM-SCHEDULE-2013)

flyhigh320
11th Jan 2013, 18:13
Hello,

I am going to answer the Part 1 based on foreign FRTOL. Will someone please suggest if the exam pattern is the same as last year (jan 2012). Is it enough to study from Mr N K singhs notes. I have got his notes from a friend .It is important for me to clear part 1 in january as my frtol has already expired.. any suggesion is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance..

virus90
12th Jan 2013, 09:06
I had given my RTR in 2008 and i do not remember my user id and password to log in to their website.. is there any alternative way..
PLease help:ok:

Stick_Rudder
12th Jan 2013, 18:26
Seems like they've discarded the old database of user accounts. So in that case you're supposed to re-register with them i.e. a fresh registration is required. Should not be an issue.:ok:

Stick_Rudder
4th Feb 2013, 07:35
Download Admit Card for RTR(A) Examination to be held at Mumbai from 11th Feb 2013. :ok:

Admit Card (http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/rtr/admitcard.aspx)

cyrilroy21
1st Mar 2013, 07:55
The application window for the Delhi attempt beginning 15th April is now open

The last date for online filing is March 14th

While the results of the Mumbai attempt have not yet been released please apply for the next attempt as they might release the result only after the last date of online filing for the Delhi attempt

clearblueskyy
3rd Mar 2013, 03:24
What's the best way to study to crack these exams ? Any recommended books or is taking classes the best way to go about it ?

Also is it a better option to get a Canadian cpl and then convert direct or is it worth the headache to give part 1 and 2 in India ?

cyrilroy21
3rd Mar 2013, 04:05
@clearblueskyy

If you are at present in the US , then head over to Canada and get a Canadian CPL and RT
Then use that at the time of conversion .

If you are already in the India then clear both Part 1 and Part 2 . The advantage of clearing part 1 and part 2 is that you can get an RT license with lifetime validity and never have to worry about it ever again
When you convert a Canadian RT you will only get validity for 5 years . If you are lucky enough to find a job within the 5 years you can use the 30 hours of flying within the past 3 years to renew it without giving any exams
But you will still get in renewed only for 5 years

If you are in India and cleared all the other papers and the RT exam is the only thing that is stopping you from getting the DGCA CPL then by all means go to Canada and get it done

The RT exam is not easy and requires a significant amount of coaching from an experienced instructor for Part 1 of the exam .
For Part 2 its basically two oral exams and is more of self study
The first is with a WPC engineer who will ask you questions based on your 10th and 12th std physics ( basic concepts of electricity and electronics )
The second will be a DGCA or AAI representative who will test your aviation knowledge and ask questions on ICAO etc

You need to pass both Parts in order to be considered passed in the exam . If you pass Part 1 and fail in Part 2.....for the next attempt you will have to pass the Part 1 exam again before proceeding to Part 2

I can recommend a book by RK Bali for RTR . He has released a new 2013 edition which is available at the Sterling Book store in Mumbai ( or you can purchase online )

Word of advice . There are a lot candidates who keep thinking that Canada is an option and hence dont give the RT exams their level best .
They keep attempting the exams multiple time half heartedly and then give up . Then when they apply for a Canadian Visa and gets rejected and they are back to square one

So please give the exams your level best ( if you are attempting it )

These RT exams are designed mainly for the use of Pilots . However Aircraft Maintenance Engineers in India are also required to hold an RT and license and as you can imagine they find it quite hard ( especially Part 1 ) since they have never flown an airplane before or talked on an aircraft Radio

In my RT class there are pilots from all ranks , everyone from fresh CPL holders to airline captains ( since RTR A was valid only for 5 years for those that got it issued prior to 2010 ) to retired Air Force Pilots
There were student Aircraft Maintenance Engineers as well .

Here is quote my instructor said to us on the first day " If an AME who has never flown an airplane can pass the exams in the first attempt......why can't you ? "

P.S : Incase you are wondering I did pass in my first attempt :E
I think the WPC engineer really liked my answers and are what turned the tables in my favour....

clearblueskyy
3rd Mar 2013, 10:37
@cyril

Hey man thankyou for such an illustrative answer to my query. While I do believe that the rtr examination can be cleared in a single attempt, however I have been told that the candidates on any given day are subject to favoritism within the exam hall. I've had people relate past experiences and this is what they had to say. So in this case what are the chances of clearing on merit and what kind of preparation is required ? Are notes sufficient and is there a fixed syllabus ?

Yes the frtol is the last hurdle and I am also considering Canada but how long is the process? Is acquiring a Canadian cpl much like the gleims in the US ?

pilot.india
3rd Mar 2013, 12:08
What is the procedure to convert temporary RT (5 years validity) to a life time RT.

I have an Indian RT (PASSED BOTH PART 1 & 2 ) issued in August 2009 which is valid till august 2014.

I do have more than 30 hours of flying in previous year.

Do i still have to give part 1.

Even then if my licence is renewed will they give me a 5 years validity license.

If that is the case how do i get a lifetime validity instead of a temporary one.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thank you

cyrilroy21
4th Mar 2013, 05:04
@clearblueskyy

Notes alone are not going to help . You need a certain amount of coaching and tips on how to speak and write the answers . The answers that we are used to speaking on the radio are not what the WPC examiners are looking for in Part 1

Hence the reason coaching is strongly recommended

You can buy the book by RK Bali for RTR exams from Sterling Book House

Your chances of clearing on merit are hard to predict . But Certain places like chennai has higher failure rate than say Delhi or Mumbai

I dont know about the procedure for Canadian CPL and RT but it has been discussed at length time and again on pprune . Just search for it and you should find a few threads

@pilot.india

As per my knowledge and this circular ( check item no. 5 http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/DocFiles/copcircular1.jpg )

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/DocFiles/RTR%20(A)%20notification.pdf

You should be able to renew the RTR A license on the basis of your 30 hours of flying experience within the past 3 years
You should also be able to renew it for lifetime validity as well provided you pay the 10,000 rupees DD amount .

If you did not have the 30 hours of flying experience only then you would have to give Part 1 of the exam . When you pass Part 1 you can renew it for lifetime

You can only renew it from the Regional Licensing Office from which it was issued to you and looking at the date of your exam sounds like Kolkota

The earliest you can renew the RT license would be 3 months before expiry ( I dont know if this rule has changed )

clearblueskyy
6th Mar 2013, 04:27
can someone post a link to the checklist ,my browser doesn't seem to upload it :=

need details regarding DD from sbi

cheers,
CBS

EDIT : got it ,finally works !

wings of fire
6th Mar 2013, 15:45
Guys check the WPC website , results are out.

cyrilroy21
7th Mar 2013, 13:10
Congrats to those that passed the exams

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/docfiles/Result-Mumbai-13.pdf

@clearblueskyy

I have a friend who gave the RT exam both part 1 and part 2 for the first time in the Mumbai attempt and he managed to pass :D

cyrilroy21
7th Mar 2013, 16:41
For those that passed the Part 1 and Part 2 exam . Please fill the UNDERTAKING form as well given on the result sheet .

You fill the first option in the UNDERTAKING wherein you declare that you do not hold any RTR license issued by the WPC .

A few tips while applying

1) TYPE out the Annexure I A form instead of filling it with pen
Examination (http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/exam_cop.asp)

2) Take a printout of the result page and highlight your name and submit this as part of the application

On the Back of the DD ( as usual SBI only ) write Your Name , Exam roll number , Location , Month and Year of the exam

Keep a copy of the DD with you just incase...

3) Use a 100 Rupees stamp ( instead of the 50 Rs) on the Self Addressed Envelope . The postage rates have increased and there is an additional service tax as well .
On the Envelope write FROM address of the RLO and TO address where you want it to be sent
Under the Stamp write PLEASE SEND BY SPEED POST . This should ensure that they send it by speed post .

4) Use a good quality Self Addressed Envelope and make sure you tape the edges . Mine was all torn by the time it came back and the address was almost illegible

5) Send the application to the RLO by Speed Post or registered post and keep the proof slip with you until the day you receive the license in hand

AviatorVette
8th Mar 2013, 17:47
Thanks guys great thread. Subscribed.

AviatorVette
14th Mar 2013, 11:35
Guys I have an RTR-P valid till 2015, I want to get an RTR-A license, what is the procedure? Do I have to apply for both part 1 and 2 or just part 1 alone? Thanks.

cyrilroy21
14th Mar 2013, 11:40
If you want RTR A license you need to pass both Part 1 and Part 2 .

Once you pass the exam you surrender the RTR P license to the WPC and get a new RTR A license with lifetime validity ( by paying the 10,000 rupee DD )

For those of you undergoing self study for the RT exams i recommend the following book .
But coaching atleast for Part 1 of the exam is still recommended

Sterling Book House - About Us (http://www.sterlingbookhouse.com/proddetail.asp?prod=73158)

AviatorVette
14th Mar 2013, 11:46
Is it too late to apply now for the Delhi attempt? Last date according to the PDF file was 14th March for online.

cyrilroy21
14th Mar 2013, 12:06
I think you can apply today . But you will need the scanned copy of the character certificate , date of birth proof and photograph with signature underneath .

clearblueskyy
8th Apr 2013, 08:03
Anybody else having issues with the wpc website ?

A69
13th Apr 2013, 07:00
Anyone who passed the Mumbai session, received their RTR(A) yet?

clearblueskyy
15th Apr 2013, 15:47
URGENT :

Can somebody post a link to the rejected/accepted list for the delhi,2013 attempt ?

My application seems to have been rejected - it says ddf,nc,ia however I don't know what these mean and how must I go about this from here.

Many,many thanks in advance !

regards,
CBS

cyrilroy21
15th Apr 2013, 16:33
@clearbluesky

If the admit card says roll number on it and gives you a venue and time of exam then you are in

Unlike the DGCA they normally allow you to meet the shortfall on the day of the exam

If you look at the bottom of the admit card page you should find the following abbreviations

DDF : To submit a fresh State Bank of India Demand Draft amounting to Rs. 500/= drawn in favour of "Communication Accounts Officer(Cash), CCA, New Delhi"

DDNS: No draft was submitted with application, candidate to submit a State Bank of India Demand Draft amounting to Rs. 500/= drawn in favour of "Communication Accounts Officer(Cash), CCA, New Delhi"

NC : Nationality/Character Certificate is either incomplete or not in order. To submit a revised 'Nationality/Character Certificate' completed in all respect and signed by a Central/ State Government Gazetted Officer or by a Member of Parliament or a Member of State Legislature, Sub Divisional Magistrate/ Offcer or Tehsildar.

IA : Improper attestation of Date of Birth Certificate and/or other documents. To submit Birth Certificate attested by a Central/ State Government Gazetted Officer or by a Member of Parliament or a Member of State Legislature, Sub Divisional Magistrate/ Offcer or Tehsildar.

DOB : Date of Birth Certificate not attached. To submit Birth Certificate attested by a Central/ State Government Gazetted Officer or by a Member of Parliament or a Member of State Legislature, Sub Divisional Magistrate/ Offcer or Tehsildar.

WT : Details of Witness and/ or his signature not provided in the application. Same may be furnished.

PHOTO: Photo not provided with the application. Same may be provided.

FRT : Copy of Foreign RT certificate not enclosed. A copy of the same along with its Original may be produced at the
Examination Centre.

AS : Attendence Sheet either not provided with the application or not filled up. Same may be provided

clearblueskyy
16th Apr 2013, 04:55
Hey Cyril,

It won't let me click on the admit card option(highlighted in black) therefore I'm not sure if I can check if the date and venue has been allotted to me.

So confused:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

cyrilroy21
1st May 2013, 14:26
Application Window for RTR Exam Chennai attempt is now open

Those who gave the Delhi attempt please apply for the Chennai attempt as well

Last date for online filing is 16th of May...

learningtofly
2nd May 2013, 09:10
Dear Friends,

I have an RTR A which is expiring on 05 June 2013, i was planning on applying for the recency at chennai dated 17 June 2013 (last date of forms to be sent 23 may after applying online).

I read above that :

"You can only renew it from the Regional Licensing Office from which it was issued"

my RTR A was issued at Delhi Ghitorni RLO, so does it mean that i have to give exam only at Delhi for recency Part 1, or i can give it at chennai on 17June2013 and after clearing apply with Delhi RLO for recency extension.

Thanks for your help and consideration!

Cheers
Ltf:ok:

sscheema
14th May 2013, 23:56
My application has been rejected and the reason given is HNR* - now I have searched the entire web and cannot find out what is meant by HNR - request if anyone here can enlighten me...

:ugh::ugh::ugh:
:confused::confused::confused:

cyrilroy21
15th May 2013, 06:21
@sscheema

I am assuming this must have been for the delhi attempt . Try and visit the WPC office in Ghitorni and ask them directly what " HNR " is and why its not mentioned on the list of codes...:ugh:

These are the timings for public visit
Wednesday 1030 HRS to 1230 HRS
Fridays 1500 HRS to 1700 HRS

@learningtofly

You can give the exam at any centre but you can only renew it from the Delhi Ghitorni office

cyrilroy21
17th May 2013, 13:54
Congrats to all those that made it through

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/Docfiles/Result-Delhi-13.pdf

Joebill
18th May 2013, 17:54
Something is definitely wrong there. I see Experienced pilots not being able to clear the exam,........... not once but multiple times!!! EXCXESSIVE Human angle and associated bias of an examiner seem to be the reason for high rate of failures in this exam. It is high time, authorities consider this exam to be computer based with minimal human interference

learningtofly
20th May 2013, 06:16
Thanks Cyril, have applied at Chennai!

Can anyone shed light on the Pattern of Part 1 conducted nowadays and how different it is from 2008, experienced candidates pls advise. Thnx!

cyrilroy21
20th May 2013, 06:46
You can buy this new book by RK Bali to get a feel for the new questions being asked

Sterling Book House - About Us (http://www.sterlingbookhouse.com/proddetail.asp?prod=73158)

Here are some questions from the previous attempt this year

Delhi- Mumbai Fl 340 alternate-VAAH. 1a) Tx it in all possible ways to VTKMC.
b) You are climbing for FL 280 passing FL 70 25 DME Delhi due reciprocal traffic on FL 300.Show assuring compliance
2) You are at IKABA. VYMAC is not able tocontact delhi after trying several times.Help and advice.
3) Over pratapgarh u experience heavy turbulence, u need to descend by 4000 feet.ATC will show in-compliance
4) At decision altitude VABB visibility falls below AOM
5) 1. UTC stated from ____ & reported as _______
2. Under specified wind condition , specified path followed by a/c is called _____
3. SAR is carried out by _____
4. ATC services are provided by_____ over the aerodome

VIDP-VEGT
1a) ATC Clearance
1b) Show compliance to ATC clearance
2) Relay to other aircraft to reduce their ROC
3) Relay 'request descend' for someone
4) DME Arc for ILS
5) 10 abbreviated sentences which we've to decode and transmit

cyrilroy21
12th Jun 2013, 14:47
The admit cards are now available for the Chennai attempt

Please download them at the earliest as the WPC website may not work sometimes on the day before the exam

Sumit Pal Bajwa
23rd Jun 2013, 13:48
guys i got my rtr from chennai and it is valid till 07.07.2013
unfortunately i cannot renew it till that date as i dont have the needed 30 hrs and cannot do them for personal reasons .
can anyone please tell what is required to renew my license after it has expired? do i need to give both part 1 and 2 again ? or just part 1?

cyrilroy21
25th Jun 2013, 15:42
@ Sumit

I am assuming you got the RTR license after passing both part 1 and part 2

So inorder to renew it you need to pass part 1 only . After you pass part 1 you can pay the 10,000 rupees DD and get it renewed for lifetime

I know this method applies to those licenses before it expires . I am not sure if it applies after it expires....

Try contacting an RLO or visit your nearest RLO and ask them directly

Sumit Pal Bajwa
26th Jun 2013, 08:26
@cyrilroy21
yes i got it after passing both part 1 and part 2 .
Sure i think i will have to go to the delhi office. anyways thanks brother!!

cyrilroy21
2nd Jul 2013, 12:07
The application window for Kolkota is now open

Last date to apply online is 18th of July
Documents to be sent by 25th July

cyrilroy21
3rd Jul 2013, 13:30
Congrats to those candidates that passed the RT exam Chennai Attempt

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/Docfiles/Result%20Chenna-2013.pdf

capt.ace
4th Jul 2013, 06:10
RLO mumbai phone no.?

sierrabravo
18th Jul 2013, 00:19
Hello folks,

My RTR A expires in September 2013 and am planning to renew. Had passed both part 1 and part 2. Have the requisite 30 hours. However for the online renewal registration, my license doesn't show up, the last RTR license I can see is RTR A 11442. Mine is beyond that of course.

Any ideas?

Thanks

vivek.das
28th Jul 2013, 16:36
I got my RTR-A in 2009. Now I want to give the part 1 to renew. I had taken classes from M K Sing. Do I still need to take classes or the exam pattern is still the same.

I have heard now the exam duration is 25 min which was earlier 15 min.

Thanks.

cyrilroy21
28th Jul 2013, 21:05
@vivek Das

Try and get the new notes that are in circulation . Also RK Bali has a new 2013 edition fro RTR that should help as well

@sierra bravo

Why do you need to register online in order to renew the license ?

vivek.das
29th Jul 2013, 08:48
@cyrilroy21, thanks.

Can you tell, why can't whose RTR-A license is still valid, can't opt for lifetime by giving 10,000/- but instead has to appear for exam to renew, where as new comer who just passed RTR-A can opt for lifetime.

Thanks.

cyrilroy21
29th Jul 2013, 13:38
@vivek

I really dont have an answer to that question :O

The WPC has some very weird rules . Perhaps you should file an RTI and ask them the same question

On the other hand if you have 30 hours of flying experience within the last 3 years prior to the date of expiry then you can renew without giving any exams and renew for lifetime...

vivek.das
30th Jul 2013, 13:05
What is the change in question pattern now. I am going to appear for part 1 at kolkatta. Why the time is now 25 minute? In 2009(march) when I cleared RTR(A) , it was 15 minute.

Thanks.

cyrilroy21
30th Jul 2013, 17:26
Well this time the primary difference is that you will also have to write down what you say and what the examiner says
The examiner will also write down what you say

So make sure you speak slowly

Say and write at the same time .By writing down the answer first and then saying it you will lose precious time
You dont have to write down the whole word . You can use abbreviations as well to save time
Here are some recommended ones . But its not compulsory to use the same

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/DocFiles/abreviations.pdf

In the end the someone checks both answer sheets and marks accordingly

cyrilroy21
13th Aug 2013, 13:07
The admit cards for the Kolkota attempt is out . Download the same from the WPC Website

Good Luck :ok:

clearblueskyy
13th Aug 2013, 17:21
How does one prepare for these exams?

cyrilroy21
2nd Sep 2013, 06:42
The application window for the Delhi Attempt starting Oct 14th is now open . Last date for online application is 13th September

Please dont wait till the last day to apply online as the WPC website might not be accessible at times...

Sumit Pal Bajwa
8th Sep 2013, 11:29
hey guys , my rtr-A license has already expired. I want to give delhi attempt in oct2013 .. do i need to give only part 1 or both parts again.
also i had cleared my part 1 & 2 that is rtr(A) from chennai can i give part 1 from delhi to renew my license.
please reply asap
thanks

cyrilroy21
8th Sep 2013, 11:47
@Sumit

Part 1 is enough and yes you can give the exam in Delhi or anywhere else where they conduct the exam

There is some rule that says at the time of renewal you might have to pay 15 rupees a month for each month after your license has expired . I am not sure about this one though....

Sumit Pal Bajwa
10th Sep 2013, 04:46
@ cyril

thanks brother ,
one more thing .. for the delhi attempt part 1 exam , the procedure for applying would be the same even if my license has expired .. 15 rupees a month deal(if required) will be when i apply for renewal after passing part 1 .. is that correct?

cyrilroy21
10th Sep 2013, 09:49
@Sumit

Correct . For applying for the exam use 500 rupees DD .After passing the exam and while applying for lifetime validity you might have to pay the late fee

Please confirm with someone from the WPC regarding the late fee

Johny Boy
10th Sep 2013, 16:15
Cyril

Have WPC changed the format of part-1 exam " 25 min's written cum oral format " or its same ?

cyrilroy21
10th Sep 2013, 16:21
I believe its still the same

I havent seen any circular mentioning any changes

It used to be 15 minutes but then was extended to 25 minutes in order to give you enough time to write the answers as well

Havent seen any changes since then

cyrilroy21
11th Sep 2013, 09:33
Congrats to all those passed the RT Kolkota attempt :D

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/Docfiles/ResultKolkata_19th%20August2013.pdf

anks87
16th Sep 2013, 10:47
Hi all, here is a query,
My rtr(A) is expiring next month but my frtol is valid till december, am i fit to fly with an expired rtr?If i go for type rating in this period, will my papers be accepted by dgca?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

cyrilroy21
16th Sep 2013, 11:20
@anks87

You cannot legally operate the aircraft radio without both RTR and FRTOL valid

The DGCA wont endorse a type rating if the RT license is not valid

If you have 30 hours of flying experience within the last 3 years you can submit for renewal and get a lifetime validity ( i am guessing you got the RT license after passing part 1 and part 2 )

Otherwise you need to pass Part 1 again and then you can renew for lifetime . The last date for the October attempt is over . You can give the December attempt in Hyderabad

anks87
19th Sep 2013, 12:01
Thanks a lot Cyril, you are one of the most informative and helpful guy on the forum.Hats off :)

cyrilroy21
19th Sep 2013, 14:29
@anks87

Than you :)

I recommend everyone to apply and obtain the RTR A license with lifetime validity
That way you wont have to worry about it for the rest of your life

Pilots should be a little more pro active when it comes to renewing their CPL , Medical and RT license atleast 1 year prior to its expiry and not start worrying about it 2-3 months before expiry or after it expires

Simply because you never know when the jobs come and they all require the above licenses to be valid

cyrilroy21
7th Oct 2013, 08:44
The admit card for the Delhi Attempt is now out . Good Luck everyone :ok:

capt.ace
7th Oct 2013, 13:32
its saying my application is rejected.reason SOW.whats that?

cyrilroy21
7th Oct 2013, 13:40
@capt.ace

They normally give the meanings of the abbreviations on the bottom of the page
Try scrolling down and see if you can find a list of abbreviations and let us know as well

capt.ace
7th Oct 2013, 13:50
there was no mention of anything.but by googling it came as "application not signed by witness".

cyrilroy21
7th Oct 2013, 14:06
Was your application rejected in full or did they ask you to come on the day of the exam with signature of the witness as well ?

Because normally they would assign the date and mention WT as the code for witness signature

If you are in Delhi visit the RLO with the witness signature form all filled out and ask them if you can sit for the exam
Sometimes they might allow and you should get a new admit card there

Visiting time is
Wed : 10,30 to 12,30
Friday : 3 pm to 5 pm

capt.ace
7th Oct 2013, 14:56
I think they rejected in total cause there was no mention of any date.
Thanks for advice.I hope they issue a new one

vora
13th Oct 2013, 14:10
Hi, Does anyone have any of the latest MK Singh's RT notes? Can anyone please share. At least the SID and STAR's will also do. Thank You :)

LOC-D
14th Oct 2013, 04:13
@vora

For the exam, the WPC use approach plates, SID's and STAR's published by the AAI. So you can go to the AAI website and have a look at those plates.

virus90
21st Oct 2013, 05:38
Hello everyone.. My rtr is expiring in the month of march and i wanna start with the procedure of getting it renewed..
Can someone please explain the procedure to get my rtr renewed..

cyrilroy21
22nd Oct 2013, 22:02
@virus

How did you obtain the RT license ?

By passing Part 1 and part 2 directly converting a foreign RT ?

virus90
23rd Oct 2013, 04:43
I cleared both my part 1 and 2...

cyrilroy21
23rd Oct 2013, 13:02
If you have 30 hours of flying experience within the last 3 years you can straight away renew for lifetime without giving any exams and by paying the 10,000 rupees DD

If you dont have 30 hours of flying then you need to pass Part 1 again . On the first post of this thread i have given link for last dates to apply , dd details etc for the December hyderabad attempt
The application window usually opens 2 weeks prior to the last date to file online

P.S : I have heard that if you have 30 hours of flying after the RT was issued . Then irrespective of the 3 year rules you can still renew the RT for lifetime . I am not sure how true it is , but I have a friend trying out this method . If its successful then I'll report back here and let everyone know

virus90
24th Oct 2013, 04:03
what is the exam pattern like? i have heard that it has changed.. cam anyone provide me with some notes or anything which can be useful towards this exam??

Johny Boy
24th Oct 2013, 20:09
If you have 30 hours of flying experience within the last 3 years you can straight away renew for lifetime without giving any exams and by paying the 10,000 rupees DD

If you dont have 30 hours of flying then you need to pass Part 1 again . On the first post of this thread i have given link for last dates to apply , dd details etc for the December hyderabad attempt
The application window usually opens 2 weeks prior to the last date to file online

P.S : I have heard that if you have 30 hours of flying after the RT was issued . Then irrespective of the 3 year rules you can still renew the RT for lifetime . I am not sure how true it is , but I have a friend trying out this method . If its successful then I'll report back here and let everyone know
Is it for those( with RTR-A , 5 year license ) who have cleared part 1 & 2 before and now on the verge of renewing their license for lifetime or for everyone with 30 hours ? :eek::eek:

cyrilroy21
28th Oct 2013, 03:09
Apparently you can renew the RTR A license ( for those who had passed part 1 and part 2 but only got 5 year validity ) with just 30 hours of flying irrespective of the number of years it has been since you flew

This is because the last circular that they came out with does not mention the 3 years date
http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/DocFiles/copcircular1.jpg

The only problem is depending on RLO you visit some of them ask for a verification letter from the DGCA saying the 30 hours are true . Apparently the letter from the flight school is not enough :ugh:

The problem is the DGCA will not / does not have the authority to issue such a certificate

You have to get the WPC to send a written request to the DGCA DTL Section ( mentioning your file number ) and the DGCA has to respond saying no such letter can be issued

Johny Boy
28th Oct 2013, 11:30
The only problem is depending on RLO you visit some of them ask for a verification letter from the DGCA saying the 30 hours are true . Apparently the letter from the flight school is not enough

The problem is the DGCA will not / does not have the authority to issue such a certificate

You have to get the WPC to send a written request to the DGCA DTL Section ( mentioning your file number ) and the DGCA has to respond saying no such letter can be issued

What another regulatory tangle ? Man every new rules & regulations are going against us waiting for betterment.
My license is also up for renewal and i think i will loose some good kilos before my medical.:}

tolip111111
28th Oct 2013, 16:57
Cyril and the other guys thanks for all the info..

I obtained my RTR license in 2009 (july). My recency had lappsed and i had to go back to the usa for my recency in 2011 january and i logged more than 30 hours between january 2011 and feb 2011 for recency and multi.

Now i would like to know, if i can make the payment of Rs.10,000 with a copy of my logbook which clearly states the 30+ hours logged within the 36 months,and get my RTR validity increased to lifetime. Would it be advisable to personally visit chennai because thats the closest WPC centre from the place where i reside.

cyrilroy21
29th Oct 2013, 02:02
@tolip

You can only renew the RTR license from the WPC RLO that issued it to you .

For eg if you passed the exam in Delhi then you have to get it renewed from Delhi itself
If you passed from Chennai then yes you should visit Chennai RLO to renew the license

Depending on the RLO they might ask for additional documentation like I mentioned above

You will need a certificate of experience from the flying school last flown

You should be able to renew it on the basis of 30 hours of lifetime provided you get the documentation right

vivek.das
13th Nov 2013, 05:48
@cyrilroy21 (http://www.pprune.org/members/180855-cyrilroy21)

I have submitted by post on 26 sept 2013, for rtr(A)renewal to RLO mumbai from where it was issued. I have checked tracking, it reached on 30 sept. Till now I haven't received the license from them.

I have sent 10,000/- DD for renewal.

How much time does it take to renew and reach you. I have tried to contact them on 02222867, it seems the nos doesn't work, only strange noise is heard.

3443 nautical miles
6th Dec 2013, 14:28
my rtr lapsed this November , i know this is not responsible behavior but nothing can be done about it and i really had no time to renew it.

can anyone please suggest me what can be done about it.???

also does 30 hr rule apply to me also or i will have to sit for examination.???

cyrilroy21
6th Dec 2013, 15:07
@3443 Nautical miles

To begin with how did you obtain the RTR license ?

Did you convert a foreign license without exams i.e RTR P
Did you convert by using a foreign license and PArt 1 i.e RTR C

OR Did you give both part 1 and part 2 and get RTR A valid for 5 years ? If you did pass part 1 and part 2 which city did you give the exam ?

3443 nautical miles
6th Dec 2013, 15:43
@cyrilroy21 (http://www.pprune.org/members/180855-cyrilroy21)

I passed both part 1 and 2 in Delhi attempt in 2008 and got license for 5 years.
I have done flying from India.

cyrilroy21
6th Dec 2013, 15:54
Ok there are two options going forward

1. If you have 30 hours of flying experience within the last 3 years ( this time period can be argued) then you can renew for lifetime without giving any exams
Pay with dd of 10,000 rupees and renew for lifetime

2. If you dont have 30 hours within the last 3 years you need to give the Part 1 exam at the upcoming Mumbai attempt in Feb
Once you pass then pay a DD of 10,000 rupees and renew for lifetime

3443 nautical miles
6th Dec 2013, 15:57
So there is no option by which i can fly for 30 hrs now and get it renewed ???

cyrilroy21
6th Dec 2013, 16:14
That I am not sure
I know the rule says 30 hours prior to expiry

My suggestion would be to visit the RLO in Delhi ( the same place that issued the license ) and talk to them
They might have the latest rules / regulations / procedures ( they dont update their application forms / website that often )

But I still suggest you register and keep for the upcoming Mumbai attempt

On another note
This circular which came out in 2010 clearly says only 30 hours of flying time . it does not specify a limit
http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/DocFiles/copcircular1.jpg

I am of the opinion that you should be able to renew the license on the basis of 30 hours without the 3 years requirement

Talking to the RLO in Delhi and filing an RTI should help clear that up

3443 nautical miles
8th Dec 2013, 05:30
thanks for the info

cyrilroy21
10th Dec 2013, 06:08
For this Hyderabad attempt a lot of candidates have been rejected and main reason given for rejection is " HNR "

I have managed to find out that HNR stands for " Hard Copy Not Received "

The last date for sending the hard copy was 22 / 11 / 2013 as per the original schedule
http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/Docfiles/RTR-Schedule-2013.pdf

Unfortunately after applying successfully along with the application ID the WPC said the last date for the hard copy to be sent was 23rd of December instead of 22nd of November as mentioned in the original schedule given above

So warning to everyone applying in the future . Stick to the last dates given in the original schedule and send the hard copy immediately after applying

amarmusafir
17th Dec 2013, 06:11
Really disappointing for this as its their fault as the print our clearly says that the docs should reach them by 23.12.2013

And height is no 1 is lifting phones.
:(

tolip111111
17th Dec 2013, 09:07
do they consider any sim hours which are logged in my logbook towards any part of those 30 hrs!! :{

amarmusafir
18th Dec 2013, 08:40
did any 1
try to contact chennai office..
rgds

3443 nautical miles
23rd Dec 2013, 06:05
can someone please give me contact number of wpc regarding rtr a renewal.

cyrilroy21
10th Jan 2014, 05:40
Congrats to all those that passed in the December 2013 Hyderabad attempt

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/docfiles/RES09012013.pdf

Maverick2167
13th Jan 2014, 13:16
Hi,
Cleared the October 2013 RTR(A) renewal exam, submitted my docs to Chennai RLO for renewal on 2 December 2013.haven't receive any update from them, tried calling but no one is picking up the phone. Anyone here knows any other number or way to contact them... Thanks

3443 nautical miles
6th Feb 2014, 11:54
are there any good rtr a classes in Mumbai ....i am looking for Feb 14 attempt

mothwing
6th Feb 2014, 14:43
Did you try going to their office in Chennai?

captainflight
16th Feb 2014, 00:28
my indian RTR A lapsing on a month of july. I dnt have 30 hours of flying exp in past 36 months. what should I do.. some people telling that .. they extended the time to 5 yrs instead of 3 yrs..

captchopper
14th May 2014, 10:15
@SierraBravo I am facing the same problem what to do?? My name not reflecting online for renewal application.
Thanks in advance.

Hello folks,

My RTR A expires in September 2013 and am planning to renew. Had passed both part 1 and part 2. Have the requisite 30 hours. However for the online renewal registration, my license doesn't show up, the last RTR license I can see is RTR A 11442. Mine is beyond that of course.

Any ideas?

Thanks

cyrilroy21
15th May 2014, 16:06
@captainflight

A few people seem to have managed to renew the RTR A on the basis of 5 years . You should give it a shot , but otherwise you need to pass Part 1 again

@captchopper

There is no need to register online to renew the license . A simple cover letter , the application form for renewal ( COP 23 ) and self addressed envelope ( to send the new license ) and other documents like logbook copy , letter from flying school/employer saying the hours authentic is all you need
Of course you will have to send the application to the same RLO that issued the original license

Shubhi
22nd Aug 2014, 12:56
Need some more information on renewal of RTR A:

Both part 1 & 2 cleared in Aug 2009, have flown more than 30hrs in 2011 (Oct - Dec) -- Will apply for 20 yrs validity -- will make a DD of Rs. 5000 (pls correct me if I am wrong).

As my licence has expired in mid Aug, please inform the calculation required in arriving at the fine amount. Should this amount be included in the DD amount of Rs 5000?

Certificate from the flight school authenticating the flying hours is required? If yes, request to share a sample document?

In COP 23, please suggest for the following: Designation of the post held, Nature of duties performed...Can I replace 'Name and address of Employer' to 'Name and address of flight school'?

@cyrilroy21
thanks a lot for all the information on RT shared on this portal...request your help.....

Thanks in advance...

cyrilroy21
23rd Aug 2014, 16:10
@Shubhi

You have to send the application for renewal from the same office that issued the original license
I am guessing in your case that is the RLO in Kolkota

In addition to a gazetted officer attested photocopy of the logbook showing 20 hours of flying you need a letter from the flight school verifying the hours

I dont think there is specific format just a formal letter addressed to the WPC office on the flight school letter head mentioning your RTR number etc and the number of hours of flown and on which specific aircraft

Since you passed Part 1 and Part 2 you are eligible for renewal of license for lifetime validity after paying a DD of 10,000 rupees
Then why renew only for 20 years and run after the WPC 20 years from now for renewal again . Get the lifetime license and forget about it for life :cool:

The late fee is calculated as 2% of the DD amount with a minimum amount of 250 rupees ( please confirm this with someone at the WPC about the minimum amount )
I believe the late fee is added to the amount for issue of license

And yes in the COP 23 application form you can mention the name of the flight school

Shubhi
25th Aug 2014, 12:58
@cyrilroy21

Thanks a lot for the information.

Please suggest what should I enter for 'Designation' and 'Nature of duties' in COP 23?

Please check your PM too....need some more info.....thanks....

sumittomar
27th Aug 2014, 13:16
I have 3 months of RT experience in past 3yrs in an airline . I am currently having RTR (P) against my canadian RT , now I wanted to know if I apply to renew my RT along withy this experince letter from airline + Rs10000 than can i get mt RT renewed for 20yrs

cyrilroy21
27th Aug 2014, 23:48
An RTR P is issued on the basis of foreign CPL and Foreign RT

Both have to be valid and the validity of the RTR P will be the lower of the two ( either CPL or RT )
Since Canadian CPL has only 5 years Indian RTR P will be issued for 5 years

The max validity for foreign RT conversion cases is 20 years . Thats why Australian and New Zealand CPL +RT cases are given RTR P for 20 years

Lifetime validity is only issued for RTR A after passing both part 1 and part 2

The certificate from the airline with 3 months of RT experience should be acceptable
But you will need to make sure both your Canadian CPL and Canadian RT license is valid
You will receive the renewed RTR P for another 5 years

DJ Flyboy
28th Aug 2014, 01:11
But you will need to make sure both your Canadian CPL and Canadian RT license is valid
You will receive the renewed RTR P for another 5 years The Canadian RT is valid for lifetime.

The second part is not correct. Your renewed RTR(P) will be valid only till the date your Canadian Aviation Document Booklet is valid for. Even if you apply with a freshly acquired booklet, your RTR(P) will still be valid for a period which is slightly less than 5 years (the validity period of the new booklet).

The best course of action would be to clear Part 1 RT examination and apply for a 20 year RTR(C) for Rs 5000/-.

cyrilroy21
28th Aug 2014, 01:20
@DJ Flyboy

Thats what i meant to say . If he renews the Canadian booklet now it will be valid for 5 years and hence the new Indian RTR P will also be valid till the validity of the new RTR P

If the RTR license is on the verge of expiring then its best to get it renewed immediately by renewing the Canadian booklet

Instead of just clearing part 1 and getting 20 years its best to give both part 1 and part 2 and obtain RTR A with lifetime validity and than worry about license renewal 20 years from now

sumittomar
28th Aug 2014, 04:05
Thanks guys got it . just last quest . Where do i need to submitt docs in delhi , my last renewal was done at Sanchar Bhawan , so this time do i need to give my docs at sanchar bhawan or Local RLO (Ghitorni )

cyrilroy21
28th Aug 2014, 04:25
All RTR P / RTR C licenses are issued and processed at Sanchar Bhavan . You only go to the local RLO if it was issued from there originally

Anuradha
27th Sep 2017, 07:18
HNR Means Hard Copy not received.and contact wpc for this.