PDA

View Full Version : Lost my "download this video"

OFSO
5th Jan 2013, 19:43
Until a couple of days ago, when I hovered the cursor over the top of the screen, Realplayer would ask me if I wanted to download any video I was watching, such as YouTube etc., and save it was a .flv file. Now, it quite suddenly doesn't.

Anyone else experienced this, and has the dastardly act anything to do with Google Chrome ?

Bushfiva
5th Jan 2013, 23:50
Chrome version 25 has tightened its security model a little and will disable extensions previously installed by other applications the first time you run it, and pop up a message telling you. You can re-enable the extensions.

Milo Minderbinder
6th Jan 2013, 01:08
reinstall Realplayer, it may just be broken

and move away from Chrome, unless you want Google to track your every move on the internet

OFSO
6th Jan 2013, 08:49
move away from Chrome

I went over to Chrome because IE had suddenly become horribly slow. Cleared cache, cookies, defraged, ran anti-virus scans, no improvement.

Then went over to Chrome which was very fast. Also there is a bug which prevents me accessing the website I run on IE, with Chrome, no problem.

hellsbrink
6th Jan 2013, 08:55
Then use something like SRWIron, which is Chrome without the privacy issues.

OFSO
6th Jan 2013, 09:54
Replaced Real Player with new version which "resolves compatability problems with Chrome", ticked downloader box, Chrome informed me downloader extension had been added...but still no pop-up box asking if I want to download this video.....

Bushfiva
6th Jan 2013, 10:59
Type chrome:plugins in the address bar. Find RealPlayer. Click Enable.

OFSO
6th Jan 2013, 11:47
Thanks, done that, still no download ? window. It's there, with Realplayer, but not appearing against video clip.

??