PDA

View Full Version : DHC-6 Twin Otter Type Rating on EASA license

Olivez
5th Jan 2013, 11:35
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out the way I can add the DHC-6 Twotter type (class) rating on my EASA (UK) license.

I'm planning to go through the Flight Safety International course as it appears to be the only one available for the time being. However, whilst their simulator is EASA approved the course is not. FSI (USA) is part of the EASA approved TRTOs, so is FSI (Canada) also approved? FSI (Canada) hasn't been able to confirm that. They're just saying that the course isn't EASA approved...

I think there are bits and pieces of theory to go through and a check ride but there is nothing similar to, say, a EASA type rating on B737, which requires touch and goes and an EASA examiner.

Can anyone who went through this specific ordeal let me know, please?

No need to comment about the choice of doing the type rating on this specific aircraft and/or the choice of FSI as a TRTO. It is a requirement.

Olivez
27th Apr 2013, 21:28
Anyone to help after months of waiting for a reply?

wdaniel
15th Jun 2014, 13:45
Hi.
well, i'm in the same grey area, and now looking for an other place.
to add the type on my EASA license as well as.
even do i have an FAA license.

My guess, is we are at the wrong place at the wrong time, because
1) today's experiences dhc6 pilots got there training paid by there actual company or the previous one. as these companies were willing to pay.
not anymore unless absolutely necessary.
2) pilots who just got laid off with a previous dhc6 experience will go back to dhc6 even do they where flying an Airbus for example. Go figure...? money..lazy
3) this airplane fall in the same situation as the BE200.
4) and even with a type rating on an "old" airplane not as popular as A320.
no experience, very challenging.
5)..i'm sure there is many other explanation and reasons.

BUT i still want to fly it..and i will get my type before then end of this year.
And willing to listen.

truefaith
25th Jun 2015, 13:02
even do i have an FAA license.
Does anybody know which school conduct FAA DHC-6 rating?

Rich Aviation Services in Rich Worth, TX no longer conducts. :(