PDA

View Full Version : New EASA I.R.

William92
4th Jan 2013, 19:11
Hi everybody,
I'm new in the forum . I just finished my JAA/EASA PPL in Florida issued by UK CAA and i'm starting with the ATPL groundschool in UK. After that I'll continue with hour building CPL IR etc etc .. but looking at the website of some FTO (including the one where I took my PPL) in USA I saw that the prices for the IR are completely changed and are higher than before. From around 7000$ (2-3 months ago) to 14000$ now in a single engine for 40hr and then 8 in multi engine + 10hr ground . Is it the new EASA requirement or is just :mad: of these few school that I visited online??

felixflyer
4th Jan 2013, 19:32
Why are you looking at US schools for European licences?

Take a look at some of the European schools and you can do it far cheaper with less expensive flights. Bartolini in Poland gets good reviews.

The USA is good for hour building and FAA if that's what you want but with the VISA hassles and flights etc. its not worth it for EASA quals IMO.

The IR cannot be done in the USA anyway, you would get an FAA IR and require a conversion in European airspace.

BigGrecian
4th Jan 2013, 20:38
The IR training can be done in the USA.

The test must be done in EU airspace.

Only two ATOs with IR approval in the USA.

The $7,000 was never realistic - especially at the school which was advertising that price - they are notoriously known for the extra costs - even the $14,000 seems unrealistic for an MEIR even with lots of sim time.

Are the said school even actually providing that course of training? Or are they just advertising it?

Martin1234
5th Jan 2013, 17:41
Bartolini in Poland gets good reviews.

All feedback on this forum that I could find regarding Bartolini was extremely praising, maybe a little too much? I tried to contact those via PM that wrote feedback about that school but not even one replied.

No RYR for me
6th Jan 2013, 07:20
Good training cost money and cheap should not be your reason to choose but one of the reasons AFTER the quality of the training....

portos8
6th Jan 2013, 15:10
All feedback on this forum that I could find regarding Bartolini was extremely praising, maybe a little too much? I tried to contact those via PM that wrote feedback about that school but not even one replied.

I have just replied to your message