PDA

View Full Version : China Airspace Question

Capt Shen Jing Bing
4th Jan 2013, 16:04
I am finding contradictory information on China's airspace structure.

My book (Aviation Theory Course for Airline Transport Pilot by Southwest Jiaotong University Press) says The bottom of Class A Airspace is at Flight Level 6300 meters (but the answer to some practice questions say it is 6600 meters.

And it says that Class B airspace is middle-low altitude controlled airspace, which extends from FL 600 meters to FL6000 meters. Is this an error? It makes sense if it goes up to the base of Class A airspace.

Similarly, it says that Class C airspace is approach controlled airspace, which extends from FL600 meters up to FL 6000 meters and extends from tower controlled airspace to radius 50 kilometers or air corridor laterally. A look at the Jeppesen High/Low chart shows a few nice dashed circles around airports like Hohhot, but also all sorts of irregular shaped ACA's and Tower Control Areas elsewhere, with tops around FL 197, FL 187, FL 237, FL 226 (feet), etc.

No mention of Class E airspace in China, so what is in the wedge between Class B/ Class C airspace and Class A?

I have looked for diagram of Chinese Airspace but cannot find any except what is in book.

Also, does anybody have a link to CCAR 121 in English (I found one in Chinese and CCAR 135 in English).

Thanks,
Captain Shen