PDA

View Full Version : Should we be moderated?

Mr Bump
16th Apr 2002, 17:01
There's been a few topics about the recent introduction of moderation within the JB arena.

Some are not happy with it, some are in agreement and some don't care.

This poll is to determine what the general concensus is for moderation of JB. Not, might I add, that this is intended to or likely to change what has recently been put in place.

My personal views are that moderation is a good thing and as this is Danny's site, what he wants he does. We should all be grateful for what he has provided us with and accept any and all rules that he puts into force. :D

Anyone who is not happy with the rules should:

(a) not use the forum
(b) go use someone elses forum where the rules are more suited to their personal requirements
(c) create their own forum (if you have the money to do such)

Nostradamus
16th Apr 2002, 17:35
BUMP

This is terrific, I like your A B C option's where have you been, your a revelation, another poll marvellous, well done.

Send Clowns
16th Apr 2002, 18:50
Although I voted "no" it is only because I do not see there has been a need for moderation, and I liked the atmosphere the unmoderated forum generated in most threads. In the end it is Danny's choice (I am not a "right to free speech" supporter) and I can see some advantages to moderation ([url] tag remaining for more than a week for exmple, and maybe [img] tag will return).

Le Pen
16th Apr 2002, 21:55
Mind you....If flaps is the moderator then we should be able to get away with murder! ;)

Top man, Flaps. Keep it up!

Love

LP

Paterbrat
18th Apr 2002, 22:28
You may not have seen it but it was there anyway, so if that made you happy, you were being happy in a moderated forum and can continue being happy now, no matter how you vote.

tony draper
19th Apr 2002, 16:14
Inddeed, we all lack disipline these days, a good floging never comes amiss, and Flappy is no mean hand with the ropes end.:p

Paterbrat
19th Apr 2002, 17:11
You should be so lucky Mr D, back to the celler, back I say.

Masochist to the sadist " Whip me, whip me please, please. "
Sadist to the masochist " No you little pervert. Never !!"

Celtic Emerald
19th Apr 2002, 17:48
We don't need no moderation
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the hallowed walls of Jetblast
Moderators leave us Jetblasters alone!
All in all you'se will all end up being just another brick in the wall!

You can't be serious!!!! :eek:

Emerald

OzExpat
21st Apr 2002, 05:13
I can't wait to feel Flappy's "mean hand" <sigh> :D

Slasher
23rd Apr 2002, 05:23
Im against any form of JB-moderation but if Flaps (and Flaps alone!) is moderator Ill abide by HER regulations. I just hope any hotel-lobby street demos and/or PPRuNe politics wont influence Flapses decision-making processes and that she'll remain the impartial Judge Judy of JB.

Tartan Gannet
23rd Apr 2002, 06:03
I wont recall the old arguments. Suffice it to say that some of us asked for it and WE GOT IT!

Personally I am in favour of Moderation anyway. Freedom of Speech or anything else for that matter, implies responsibility.