PDA

View Full Version : Recency flying in India

stealth_117
2nd Jan 2013, 12:59
Hi Guys,

I am doing a project and i need your opinion. I am planning to buy C172 and use it for recency flying or Aircraft rental in India for CPL Holders. I know currently there are many Pilots in India with their CPL loosing their hours and want to renew their License. By right pricing this will be affordable. If there is a good response then will start at the earliest.

Thanks and Regards

cyrilroy21
2nd Jan 2013, 19:01
1) I dont exactly know where this particular rule is written but the aircraft has to be registered or leased to a flight school in India .

You cant rent an aircraft that is privately owned and do flight training , skill checks or recency flights on it for the issue of PPL , CPL or ATPL
All of these has to be done at a DGCA approved flight school

2) There is no shortage of C172 in India . However there is a shortage of cheap multi engine aircraft for training . PA 34 and DA 42 costs around 40000 - 50000 an hour .
This is inclusive of the 12% service tax on the hourly rate .

There is however a huge shortage of multi engine aircraft

There will be big demand if you can bring an aircraft like a PA 44 ( Piper Seminole ) as I know plenty of student who have done their training on that airplane but are unable to convert since the aircraft is not registered in India .
The operating costs will also be cheaper than a PA 34 or DA 42 or P68 C

3) You will need to figure out an airport that is perfect for flight training
Access to 100LL is also an issue.....

iceman89
6th Jan 2013, 04:57
i dont know how to make a new thread so i apologize for going offrack here.i would be greatfull if any of u can msg me an english proficiency examiners number and name from mumbai..i have checked the dgca site and there are many names but no way to contact them even the previous threads here on pprune arent of much help.thank you.

210eater
18th Apr 2017, 05:49
Is it true, that in India. One may only do your PPL on Cessna 172's?:hmm:

Ilyushin76
17th May 2017, 06:23
Is it true, that in India. One may only do your PPL on Cessna 172's?:hmm:

I highly doubt that is true.