PDA

View Full Version : ASIC renewal

SHVC
1st Jan 2013, 08:08
I have been trying to renew my ASIC online, I am having trouble downloading the form ( the one that has to be sent off) once completed.
I keep getting a error msg "unable to download file".

I know it is a problem with my computor or software. I have googled the hell out of it without any luck.

Any one have any suggestions as to what I can do? maybe its a setting issue or my Kasperky, and I'm using windows 7.

Any help be appreciated.

Mr.Buzzy
1st Jan 2013, 08:15
I still don't understand why ASIC renewals don't go something like this.

Do you have an ASIC? Yes
Are you at the same address? Yes
Are you working for the same employer? Yes
Have you been a good boy/girl since your last interrogation? Yes

Your new ASIC is on its way.

I guess it just goes to show that your current ASIC is good for f&$k-all

Bbbbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzzzzzzzzz

SHVC
1st Jan 2013, 09:33
The contract company that CASA use.

Bushmongrel
1st Jan 2013, 10:45
I had the same problem. I tried the next day and it worked. Just a crap website :ugh:

peterc005
1st Jan 2013, 22:43
Just reminded me to renew my ASIC again via Aviation ID Australia.

The Aviation ID Australia web site is pretty clunky and not very intuitive.

When you have completed the application, the web site should generate a PDF file with details of the application and a check list. This PDF file is automatically downloaded to your PC.

Depending on what browser you use, there should be an indication at the bottom of the screen showing that the PDF has been downloaded.

There will be a folder on your PC for downloads from the browser.

In the downloads folder look for a file named "AIDA Application.pdf‎".

ramble on
2nd Jan 2013, 05:45
Or how about even......

Do you have a PPL/CPL/ATPL?

Then there is need for an ASIC if you have one of "CASA's new photographic pilots licence and smart card and your licence is valid and current".

1. When on any airport your licence must be displayed at all times.
2. A PPL/CPL permits admission to all domestic airports when there is a valid operational requirement.
3. An ATPL permits admission to all Australian civilian airports when there is a valid operational requirement.

Sunfish
2nd Jan 2013, 17:42
My photo on the ASIC gets more beautiful on every renewal.

mustafagander
4th Jan 2013, 08:57
Yes Sunfish, so does mine. I had the prescription changed on my glasses and it no longer happens now - funny that!!! :ok:

training wheels
21st Mar 2013, 09:07
I've been flying overseas for the last 3 years and my ASIC has expired back in 2010. Is it possible to apply for a renewal or do I need to apply for a new issue?

terminus mos
21st Mar 2013, 09:42
I think that's the point, there is no easy renewal. When mine had expired, I had to go through the whole process again!

YPJT
21st Mar 2013, 11:09
I've been flying overseas for the last 3 years and my ASIC has expired back in 2010. Is it possible to apply for a renewal or do I need to apply for a new issue? Technically there is no difference between a renewal and a new application. I think you will find the cost is the same regardless. Previously there was a small price saving between new and renewals for the Auscheck clearance but that no longer applies. The only other reason to nominate whether a new or renewal is that it allows previoius data to be pulled up on the system.