PDA

View Full Version : The USA 'welcomes' Mo Farrar

PAXboy
30th Dec 2012, 13:24
I thought you might like to know that the US are even handed in their treatment of all the non-USA types and they know that Africa is proper dodgy. Light reading for the holiday season. :rolleyes:

Olympic hero Mo Farah held by US terror officials | World of Sport - Yahoo! Eurosport UK (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/olympic-hero-farah-held-us-terror-officials-090017314.html)

Best not to get born in Somalia, or just stay away from the USA!

strake
30th Dec 2012, 15:43
Just read some of the comments under the article. There are a lot of bigots out there....

PAXboy
31st Dec 2012, 02:29
I never read the comments - whether it's the BBC or any site. Sometimes, I don't even read the comments on PPRuNe ... :eek:

Wageslave
31st Dec 2012, 10:01
Paxboy, I'm surprised you'd think they'd be anything but even handed - or were you just sneering ever such a little?

How the heck else would you expect them to treat someone born in that "proper dodgy" - ie the very dodgiest "country" in the entire world? Or do you think that winning olympic medals (or perhaps someone just claiming to) is somehow a passport to free access and special treatment?

Personally I travel feeling a whole lot safer that they do.

iraqi
31st Dec 2012, 15:24
I go to the U.S often. I get stopped every time and questioned thoroughly. I know that being a British citizen does not count for much when it says born in Baghdad.
For sure I have no problem with the questioning for two reasons:
1. They are doing their job
2. I have nothing to hide...
My only issue is when they say " your are not being questioned because of your colour, ethnic background, race or religion " this I don't like, as I and as the officer know that what they have told me is not true. I would appreciate if they were honest with me and said " we have to question you because of the Baghdad link...."