PDA

View Full Version : Pilot pay in a Philippines regional company

CaptainBushpilot
28th Dec 2012, 16:18
Hi!
I was thinking of trying to try my luck with a regional turboprop operator in the Philippines and was looking for information regarding the average pay and facilities offered by the companies there as a starting point to know what to expect and negotiate. I'm a captain on type and have an FAA atpl and an ICAO atpl, anybody has any info regarding license conversions? Does it matter that my IR is not current? Will an FTD run satisfy the Filipino currency requirements?

Best Regards
CaptainBushpilot

JV126
1st Jan 2013, 04:52
I know of a couple of airlines who hire expats with type rating on the ATR42 or 72, Dash 8s, and Do 328s.
A couple operates Dornier 228s and private companies who operates Do 328 turbo prop and 328 jets and King Airs. ( not much jobs in the King Airs)

You have to come to the Philippines to ask about foreign conversion but be prepared for frustrations of waiting sometimes from the people in the Civil Aviation office..:ugh:

In regards to pay, one airline I know is at par with some overseas operators if not better, the others I'm not so sure. You have to do your window shopping and then decide for yourself which one is your "cuppa tea".

And you need your IR to be current for your ATPL conversion otherwise it will be an uphill battle.

Good luck :ok: