PDA

View Full Version : How do you put up with it?

DX Wombat
16th Apr 2002, 05:34
I didn't know whether to use an angry or an embarrassed smilie for this. I spend quite a bit of time flying (as a passenger) between UK and Oz. (QF and BA flights) As I leave the aircraft I am amazed at the way some people leave their seat area. I am not the tidiest of people in my own home but always try to leave my seat as I found it - litter-free, blanket folded, cushion on top. I just cannot believe the way some others leave theirs, and not just in my usual haunt in peasant class, the posher lot seem just as bad. I know you don't have to clean the aircraft yourselves but doen't it get you down seeing your workplace abused like this? :mad: :o

smile
16th Apr 2002, 08:09
Hi DX Wombat,

I know exactly what you mean. I am not a FA (yet) but I do work in hospitality. Sometimes you can't believe what grubs some people can be!!

I have people who manage to put cigarette ash EVERYWHERE except in the ashtray. .... People who break glasses but just leave the mess there -- jagged edges and all. ... and my favourite-- people who won't put their feet down off the bench when I am trying to clean around the pokie machines!!! aarrrggghhh.

But I guess I have to be thankful that not every customer we get is like that. There are alot more tidy people out there than 'grubs'. :)

love SMILE

fd floozy
20th Apr 2002, 20:49
Oh you don't know the half of it guys!!
Started flying three years ago and i was as shocked as you as to the state passengers leave the aircraft but now i just expect it. Many a time i've found dirty nappies either under the seats or actually in the seat pockets.
Sometimes i wonder if a pack of dogs would leave less mess.

franksnbeans
21st Apr 2002, 04:16
This topic reminded me of the good time that I have at work.

To all of those who do it, next time you go to the cinemas, just think of people like myself when you're stomping the popcorn into the carpet, then shooting up and leaving your siringe un-capped on your seat for a 15 y/o to find, then urinating in the cup you just drank out of (because the toilet is a huge 50 paces away) and ofcourse leaving it in the cup holder for us, and vomiting all over the entrance to the cinema. Then come out after the movie and say the the print quality was bad and get free tickets to do it all again.

Ahhh, the world of customer service. But hey, it creates employment, and it's a small price to pay for what essentially is a good casual job.

Although I would expect things like this would happen in aircraft aswell, but I always clean up after myself.

;)
rgds fnb

falps
22nd Apr 2002, 20:58
Yup, aircraft-after-pax-disembarked often bear an uncanny resemblance to my kids' rooms. ;)
And some people are indeed swine.
But I believe the garbage explosion is mostly due to the fact that many people really do not know where to put their rubbish. Those sick bags we provide are rather small, and most of the bins are well hidden.
I'd even go as far as saying that if all the pax did throw away their own rubbish during flight, the waste bins would be overflowing in no time.

So in some ways I'm grateful that they don't; trying to find enough space for the waste we collect is hard enough on most aircraft, regrettably. :(

Wombat, personally I am far more offended by the rubbish management throws at me than by anything the pax ever do! :D

Tinstaafl
22nd Apr 2002, 21:26
I carefully tear the plastic bag the earphones are packaged in & use that. A pity a one of those little bin liners aren't available at each seat.

Falps, I would never be like management & throw rubbish at you. Perhaps myself, but never rubbish... :D

T.

quilfaitbeau
23rd Apr 2002, 00:40
Forgive me for laughing:D , but yes, it's a wonder how much mess they can create within just a few hours. Well, I used to live with a pig(surprisingly she was an actual person!). Her room looked like it imploded. So I suppose those ppl probably treated their home in pretty much the same way:eek:

I always thought it was just EK. Now I know it's on other airlines and everywhere else too....d-uh!:confused:

zeek
23rd Apr 2002, 03:28
The worst thing I ever had on my flight was finding a "poo" under one of the seats, and one in a sick bag!!!

White Shadow
26th Apr 2002, 22:17
Near the end of a recent (excellent) Airtours charter return from Tenerife, CC walked down the aisle carrying large black bin-liners.
Problem solved?
Happy landings.
WS