PDA

View Full Version : Loss of license insurance

Frogman1484
26th Dec 2012, 14:35
Has anyone used these guys for loss of license insurance?

Air Pilot Loss of Licence Cover| Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund (http://www.aapmbf.com.au/)

Their premiums are about 1/3 of what I'm currently paying to comminsure!

Bograt
26th Dec 2012, 23:42
Got to be aged <50 to join. Go to the calculator link.

Frogman1484
27th Dec 2012, 02:03
Thanks I've done that.

Has anyone else used them. Any good?

maui
27th Dec 2012, 03:35
Frogman1484.

AAPMBF is available only to members of the Australian Federation of Air Pilots (AFAP).

It is by far the best available, and if you are in it for over 20 years, conditionally, you will recieve back, all your premiums.

Run by pilots for pilots. No parasitic commercial entities involved. :ok:

It is that to which all the ALPA's should aspire.

Maui

landrecovery
29th Dec 2012, 23:01
Best Loss of licence on the market if you can get in:ok:

Flying Mechanic
30th Dec 2012, 01:13
Do u have to be a Aussie? I hold a oz cpl but I am not a citizen.

Frogman1484
31st Dec 2012, 00:03
I will write to them and post their reply.

airpilot1961
26th Feb 2013, 05:00
Flying Mechanic,

You don't have to be an Aussie. It's for residents/based in Australia too.:ok:

Flying Mechanic
26th Feb 2013, 17:17
Thanks for your reply, it's appreciated .

hekokimushi
26th Feb 2013, 22:24
CX and KA provide LoL protection already, any reason for an extra stretch?

Harbour Dweller
26th Feb 2013, 23:17
CX and KA provide LoL protection already, any reason for an extra stretch?

AAPMBF pays out significantly more in the event of LOL.

Frogman1484
26th Feb 2013, 23:37
Cx provides 2 years LOL. Which is fine if you can get back on your feet after 2 years. If you have something serious like a stroke or something that does not allow you to go back to work, what do you do once the money runs out?

hekokimushi
27th Feb 2013, 01:15
the way i understand is this, quite simply every flight crew has a LOL policy in KA/CX as per CoS.
please correct my misunderstanding if any.
Each policy has a lifetime protection limit of approx 2Mill HKD, from a British Policy writer.
in the case of Total (Perm) LOL, then obviously, max pay out is this limit... and no more.

in case of a junior Captain, i guess "2" years seems unrealistic (unless CX's LOL differs from KA's, and the protection clearly indicates 24 months salary). HKA/E... chance of anything more than pay as you work seems slim.

in case of any previous Temporary LOL claim, this policy per life time limit will reduce and will deduct any previous claims from it... so the math is simple... it is insufficient to cover any financial burden... the x number of flats' mortgage, hospitalisation, cost of living for family even for a reduced standard of living and obviously, when Total LOL... there odd to be something seriously wrong in one's health... and surely... some food for thoughts for what protection (if any) still has (for how long). open for discussion.

will take a look thru the aapmbf .. but a quick skim seems it is an Oz policy only for whom is an Ozie or working in Oz, AND age less than 50, AND will payout ONLY if one's Ozie (Not any country or HK) Class one Medical is Lost. and assuming a subscription to an age 65,
the closer to age 50, the less coverage...

:8

twotigers
28th Feb 2013, 10:22
Hekokimushi,

I know at KA the payment is almost twice that for full LOL

hekokimushi
1st Mar 2013, 19:06
o yes. thats the 50% for Temp LOL...