PDA

View Full Version : CASA!

GedStreet
25th Dec 2012, 13:12
CASA, Where the hell do you get off?

Like you did to us, take them down just before a holiday. I'll get paid, I'm a pubic serpant...a GA operator won't. Cunch of bunts.

Destroyed 50 people's Christmas

I hope you sleep soundly in you bed tonight.

Merry Christmas.

Sunfish
25th Dec 2012, 14:54
Lets apply the golden rule and look at it from CASAs perspective:

What if CASA hadn't shut down Barrier? What if (God Forbid) a Barrier aircraft had crashed and killed all on board today?

......And the crash was caused by mechanical failure together with poor decision making - Pel Air on steroids.

Would everybody be on Pprune criticising CASA for being an ineffective regulator who put the commercial interests of Barriers owner over the safety of the travelling public? Course they would!

Would the good senators have roasted CASA again?

It appears to me that CASA is in a double bind of its own; it has to be responsible for safety, but it has only a very blunt instrument - the regulations to do it because the effing lawyers think that there is a direct relationship between slavish compliance with law and the achievement of safety.

And of course CASA is thus forced to protect itself by enforcing the law to the hilt and trying to find at least one law that has been broken to explain away every accident or incident.

Its the CASA charter that is perhaps broken. Perhaps it would be better to adopt the FAA style of regs?