PDA

View Full Version : Baggage question not airport or airline related!

Rwy in Sight
24th Dec 2012, 13:13
Although this forum is mainly aimed aircraft travelling I like to ask a question to the great minds of the forum: how do you clean the inside of you bags?

Thanks in advance!

Rwy in Sight

Sunnyjohn
24th Dec 2012, 14:49
What sort of bags are you referring to? If it's a soft canvas or PVC bag, I just wash them with a bit of washing up liquid, rinse in clean water and hang 'em out to dry. The same for soft cabin bags. Hard shell cases, I sponge the inside with said water with a bit of WUL, then sponge with clean water and dry with kitchen towels.

Ancient Observer
24th Dec 2012, 17:06
When you say bags, do you mean the suitcase type things that we either carry on or check in?.

Why on earth would anyone clean them? Just don't make them dirty. i can't remember ever feeling the need to clean them........I just use plastic bags to put dirty stuff in, inside the bags.

This I learnt when playing rugby, when the kit and boots were often dirty and smelly. The only useful service that plastic bags have ever done for me. .

Rwy in Sight
26th Dec 2012, 08:05
I am talking about the a hard cabin trolley - the inside.Thanks for both your answers.

Sunnyjohn, What is WUL? Your advice seems very good and I will follow it - provided I can find WUL or its local equivalent.

Ancient Observer A rugby player respect! Some times you put in the baggage stuff that you usually carry with you if for example you want to respect the item limitation hence one small bag/ or a duty free one that was carried around needs to be inside the cabin trolley. We do agree on the plastic bag. Maybe we should run a thread on things we need to have in our baggage.

Rwy in Sight

ceeb
26th Dec 2012, 11:24
WUL is available in Europe it the leading brand is FWUL or Fairy Washing Up Liquid :ok::O

Sunnyjohn
26th Dec 2012, 11:56
Sorry RiS and thanks ceeb - I was indeed referring to washing up liquid!

Ancient Observer
26th Dec 2012, 12:14
Airport Duty free bags are normally very robust. I have 3 of these in my wheelie/carry on for dirty shoes and laundry. Hence the wheelie seldom gets dirty.

Rwy in Sight
26th Dec 2012, 17:34
Ancient Observer,

We are in agreement about the bags. Usually I put one on the way out but once I put a small lap to back pack in the cabin trolley.

ceeb and Sunnyjohn thanks for the ideas and the clarification.

Rwy in Sight