PDA

View Full Version : Indian Air Law Exam

mushroom69
23rd Dec 2012, 14:38
Hi there!

I thought I had seen a thread on this, but I have not been able to find it using searches. I have a friend in India and he has to take this exam. Any ideas on how to study for it, format, "tricks," (like having to draw the restricted areas on the Botswana map for their Air Law exam(!)

Thanks!

Shiner Pilot
24th Dec 2012, 16:43
Easy, do the same as the rest... Pay the dudes...

PURPLE PITOT
24th Dec 2012, 17:39
Big pile of "formality" should do it!

Lokki
24th Dec 2012, 18:13
Here's a thought.. Study

FCS_TEST
24th Dec 2012, 21:33
100$ should make him pass !:ok:

NuName
25th Dec 2012, 04:48
Your only 11, plenty of time to read the books, you will surely pass if you know the answers :rolleyes:

mushroom69
28th Dec 2012, 17:49
Sorry.....it is not for me. He has the exam on Monday, and not a helpful hint to be found, except study and bribery! Well, I guess those are practical!

He has been studying, but I know there are some Air Law Exams that are a bit "local," like the Botswana one mentioned. Who would ever think to "study" that, if not tipped in advance, to the fact it would be on the exam.

Anyway......I hope he manages. He had the Indian medical today and he says he has never had anything like that before and that he is ready to be an astronaut! No details........

Happy New Year all......

The 11 age is sort of a joke....look at the date!

:D

screwballburling
28th Dec 2012, 18:43
Your friend will need to get a hold of the Rules of the Air (1937) and study them. It was that state of affairs a few years ago.

The 1937 is not a typo either.

cyrilroy21
28th Dec 2012, 19:22
The Indian DGCA clearly defined the syllabus for ATPL and CPL exams back in June 2011

Here is a Link . Look at Appendix D

http://www.dgca.nic.in/cars/D7B-B6.pdf

As you can see the Air Regs syllabus is mostly a copy paste job from the JAA/EASA ATPL syllabus
Its broadly classified into

1 Air Regs
2.Human Factors and Limitations
3.Operational Procedures
4.Communications ( VFR + IFR )
Study the ICAO flight plan form very well

A lot of the Indian Air Regs is similar to that of the UK .

So someone who has attempted the JAA syllabus should feel right at home when giving the Indian Air Regs
A few questions are specific to India but most of the questions are copied from the JAA ATPL question bank

Here are a couple of options for your friend to help him pass the exams

1. If your friend is in New Delhi ask him to visit the " THE ENGLISH BOOK STORE"
Connaught Place ( Rajiv Chowk Metro Station )
Closer to the Outer ring Block D near BIG Cinema
Google Maps India also helps
They have a wide variety of aviation books .

Ask for Indian Air Regs by Wg Cmdr RK Bali .

This book comes in two parts and covers the entire syllabus and has a question bank in the back for practice . Sometimes the DGCA uses the very same questions .

http://www.englishbookstore.net/index.asp

2. If your friend is in Mumbai he can visit the Sterling Book House . I am not sure about the address but you can contact them and find out .
Sterling Book House (http://www.sterlingbookhouse.com)

Both places deliver the book to your address if you order it online .

3. Alternatively you can also practice the JAA ATPL question with respect to the subjects mentioned above at the following website

Flight Training (http://www.turbineturbine.com)

Its free and pretty easy to use . It should cover most of the questions asked in the Indian DGCA exam ( except those specific to India of course )

I recommend getting hold of the above mentioned book in steps 1 or 2
Step 3 is mainly for practice .

Its a multiple choice exam . You get 3 or 4 options to choose from . You need 70% or more in order to pass the exam

mushroom69
28th Dec 2012, 19:34
He is in Delhi. That was EXCELLENT....thank-you. He is probably in bed now with the time difference, but he will find it in his mail in the morning! Thanks again....I know he is sweating it and sort of studying without "direction." Thanks again.

cyrilroy21
28th Dec 2012, 19:44
Ok thats good

Then ask your friend to visit the THE ENGLISH BOOK STORE as early as possible .

The book store is on the same side as BIG Cinema which is in Block D

Block D is the inner ring
Block L is the outer ring

The Book store in on the outer ring Block L but on the side . Block L also has a Costa Coffee on the front .

Sometime when you as for directions to THE ENGLISH BOOK STORE the locals tend to send you to a store that sells English Books :}

There is also another book for Air Regs by a guy named V Krishnan . I believe he used to teach Air Regs to Foreign Pilots at Jet Airways .
That book also has a question bank at the back .

Whichever book he buys just make sure its the 2012 or newer edition .