View Full Version : website calendar

BOAC
23rd Dec 2012, 10:31
I have been using an on-line calendar at mycalendars.net for a while, with username/password access for visitors to add events. The site appears dormant now although the (iCal) calendar still works, but is throwing up access problems outside FF and IE eg Safari does not work at all.

Can anyone suggest a FREE substitute please? Google calendars does not seem to offer the 'easy' access I need for visitors.

mixture
23rd Dec 2012, 10:56
Any of these ? (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google+calendar+alternative)

BOAC
23rd Dec 2012, 16:48
No, not that hard, M, but also, as far as I can see, not much use I fear! Nearly all of the ones I have looked at in your 'link' are 'apps' for mobis, and I specifically do NOT want an alternative for the Google calendar since that does not do what I asked in post #1.

To repeat - needs:

FREE!
Username/password access for users to add content
Web based (CGI/PHP/Perl/????) as required.

Gertrude the Wombat
23rd Dec 2012, 17:40
Surely Google Calendar precisely does allow others access to your calendar with their user name and password? If they don't already have a Google account you can simply set one up for them and tell them the user name and password they need to access your calendar.

Keef
23rd Dec 2012, 18:33
As Gertrude says: Googlecal should do it.

We use Google calendar for the church diary, with about a dozen folks accessing it to update, each using own Google account. Those accounts are given write access.

Any others can read but not write - although "public read" is also an option that can be turned off if you want it for a private calendar.

BOAC
23rd Dec 2012, 20:13
It was the thought of having to set up G accounts for all that put me off. The 'old' system just required u/n and p/w. It may, however, be the only solution. Right now I am 'playing' with keepandshare/com which looks promising.