PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Asia Ab-Initio

Macarto
21st Dec 2012, 08:24
Heard that a half of the self-sponsored ab-initio cadets were denied a job with Jetstar Asia after having completed their training as they did not meet company standards.

Personally I feel that this is crazy as these cadets have made great investments in their careers only to told that they did not secure the provisional contracts give at the start.

Any insight information would be great.

Droste
21st Dec 2012, 13:59
Heard that a half of the self-sponsored ab-initio cadets were denied a job with Jetstar Asia after having completed their training as they did not meet company standards.
Jetstar Asia and SIA (including SIA Cargo and Silkair) are definitely out.

Two more options for them. - Tiger and Scoot

If they can't make it into one of those (Tiger/Scoot). They must adios amigos. :D

Fly3
22nd Dec 2012, 13:31
Macarto.
The fact that someone has made a huge investment in training costs does not mean that at the end of the course they are entitled to operate a commercial aircraft with fare paying passengers onboard. Sadly there are some people who will never reach the standard required and whilst one may feel sorry for them there is no way that they can be allowed to endanger the lives of fellow crew members and passengers if they cannot meet the minimum level of competence for safe operation of the aircraft.

Macarto
22nd Dec 2012, 14:21
I am with you on that and I stand by that notion. However I feel that it would be unjust to the cadets in the ab-initio course to be only told that they have not met the airline standards only upon graduation from the course. I am in search for answers to the airline's policy of informing their cadets of their progress and their chances of joining the airlines upon graduation.

RP-C000
23rd Dec 2012, 00:19
can any of the cadets confirm this ? How many completed the training and received a CPL from CAAS and were denied jobs

PNY
12th Feb 2016, 06:32
1. A CAAS CPL, frozen ATPL, is completely useless without a flying job. In Singapore, some even move on to drive SBS Transit buses

2. An A320 Type Rating, or other aricraft, is useless until you have logged 500 hours on type that you can then use to get hired elsewhere if you become unemployed for any reason what so ever provied you are current

3. Way too many Singaporeans want to be Pilot's for such a small country with so few jobs

4. The one thing you may be able to do then is be a Ground School instructor and be more miserable, that you did not make the grade to get hired by an airline, provided SFC or STAA or CAE will hire you

5. If you have an aviation degree with your CPL, you may be lucky enough to get hired by a Polytehnic and be a lectuer OR be a Flight Dispatcher for an airline

If you can't get pre-hired for ab-initio, it's bad enough you are paying for training with your parents money, then please don't train at all and be happy. The various flight schools will accept your money, they are a commerical organization, tha is what they do. Instead, use that money towards an HDB flat. GOOD LUCK!

Good luck!